Smitty Interviewed In Virginia - Making VA Great Again

InMAGAWeTrust

15 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I don’t exactly understand common core math but think we need to be taught the traditional way. Do I need to be able to explain common core before I can oppose it?

What’s the traditional way of CRT? Pretending slavery, segregation, war on drugs (minorities) never happened?

I just don’t get all the hooplah around CRT. I believe (opinion) that we need to teach American history, which includes but not limited to the things I mentioned above. Obviously, most normal people don’t believe all whiteys are bad or that all black people are bad. Seems to me the goalposts have moved further in each direction when truth is somewhere in the middle.

Truth being, imo, black people are still feeling the effects and consequences of slavery, segregation, drug war, etc which all led to breakup of the family and loss of generational wealth building (takes money to make money). But at the same time, blaming these historical atrocities to justify current poor life decisions (such as crime) is dumb as hell. 

7 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

What’s the traditional way of CRT? Pretending slavery, segregation, war on drugs (minorities) never happened?

I just don’t get all the hooplah around CRT. I believe (opinion) that we need to teach American history, which includes but not limited to the things I mentioned above. Obviously, most normal people don’t believe all whiteys are bad or that all black people are bad. Seems to me the goalposts have moved further in each direction when truth is somewhere in the middle.

Truth being, imo, black people are still feeling the effects and consequences of slavery, segregation, drug war, etc which all led to breakup of the family and loss of generational wealth building (takes money to make money). But at the same time, blaming these historical atrocities to justify current poor life decisions (such as crime) is dumb as hell. 

Can’t say you’re too way off the mark on some of that. The CRT isn’t as simple and innocent as it may seem, and the reason for the breakup of the family may not fit for me, but “blaming these historical atrocities to justify current poor life decisions (such as crime) is dumb as hell” speaks volumes.