SILSBEE 30 TEXARKANA PLEASANT GROVE 20/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

4 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

And you going crying like a baby to Surrant when someone mentions that Carthage turned somebody down to play. 

I find it funny his statement about being too sensitive. Anyone who throws any kind of shade towards Carthage and he and the other Carthage cronies come out of the woodwork with the crying.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I find it funny his statement about being too sensitive. Anyone who throws any kind of shade towards Carthage and he and the other Carthage cronies come out of the woodwork with the crying.

I throw my own shade carthage lack of running game this year has me really concerned maybe it's just who we played will know more next week

1 minute ago, Bansheefan said:

I throw my own shade carthage lack of running game this year has me really concerned maybe it's just who we played will know more next week

I have seen no shade towards Carthage anywhere.  Quite the opposite really last few years and a few "fans" have diminished the good conversations I've had over the years when Silsbee & Carthage meet up. Success is a double edged sword, and I suspect some will disappear when fortunes change.  Sad.

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

From what saw he had a couple of passes but there were two defenders on him. He couldn’t get open as much. Brisbane was 5/10. So the ball was thrown some. True Dodd had over 200 yards rushing. But only one TD. It was a TEAM ball game. 

Dodd had 280+ and gave way to Martin for most of 4th Qtr.

Designed game plan from point of view to cement run game execution for district, mostly Slot T teams.  

Two plays would have given Brisbane close to 200 yds passing:

Cartwright TD Called back and Miller incompletion would have turned this game into another 28+ lead going into 4th Qtr.

Not sure of exact number but id be surprised if PG had 200 yds total offense and that is with the 70 yd screen TD late.

Stats for the Game:

Total Yards-

Silsbee 373   PG 237

Rush Yards-

Silsbee 318    PG 140

Pass Yards

Silsbee 55     PG 97

Turnovers-

Silsbee 2     PG 6

Brisbane- 5/10 for 55 yards, 1/1 TD/Int, 1 Rushing TD

Dodd- 35 rushes for 289 yards, 1 TD, 8.26 ypc

Martin- 8 Rushes for 44 yards, 1 TD, 5.5 ypc

Miller- 3 receptions for 41

Jackson and Williams both had 1 reception for 7 yards, Williams had 1 TD

Kadin Stone had a safety and a sack.

Rodriguez had a sack.

Martin, Harper, Bottley, and Baltrip all had interceptions.

Williams led the defense with 7 tackles, Elam with 6, Martin with 5, Stone with 4. 

Defense also recovered 2 fumbles.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I honestly cannot remember the last time a Silsbee RB got 35 carries in a game. Not sure Calvin Tyler Jr. had that many carries in any game his senior year.

That is exactly what Coach and I discussed offline.  Dodd actually had 34 carries against Nederland as well.  It is a quiet performance that most dont recognize.

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

That is exactly what Coach and I discussed offline.  Dodd actually had 34 carries against Nederland as well.  It is a quiet performance that most dont recognize.

Actually Tyler had 34 carries for 375 yards and 3 TD’s against Carthage. A game they loss but should have won. Tyler had over 20 carries a game and ended the night with 3-4 TDS. If you run a kid like that. TD’s should follow. 

19 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Actually Tyler had 34 carries for 375 yards and 3 TD’s against Carthage. A game they loss but should have won. Tyler had over 20 carries a game and ended the night with 3-4 TDS. If you run a kid like that. TD’s should follow. 

Not sure what you are saying...

C. Tyler was a special back.  He broke more 70 yd TD runs than I have ever seen, I think he had three of those in a game once.

Back on topic. We said that there hasn't been many backs, if any, since Tyler who had that amount of carries in a game.

Dodd has done it back to back games.

29 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Not sure what you are saying...

C. Tyler was a special back.  He broke more 70 yd TD runs than I have ever seen, I think he had three of those in a game once.

Back on topic. We said that there hasn't been many backs, if any, since Tyler who had that amount of carries in a game.

Dodd has done it back to back games.

The statement was not sure if Calvin Tyler did or not. I was just stating the stats. 

6 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

I give them a pass against Crosby due to covid and another due to that big dlinw from Cornerstone. If we don't do well with the ground game against Gilmer, then I'll panic. 

As for Silsbee fans, i personally assumed yall state is always the expectation unless your team prove otherwise. That's no click bait, but just an assumption. Wonder if yall would have won it all the year they had the Dawgs against the ropes. 

5 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

He is gonna be gud for the next couple of yrs.i watched him up close.and by the time he graduates he will be in top 5 in rushing at Silsbee.

9 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

The Dawgs have not played a game with all the starting O linemen. 
we should have everyone back this Friday against Gilmer.