Dayton Stadium

Guest TravelingBandsman

I do think in the future, they should slowly set back a little money everytime to build a new visitors side that's about double the size that it is now. Not anything to think about right off, but something to have in mind maybe for like the 2013 or 2014 season.

Who knows, by that time, enough business might come to Dayton to give us the money to build a brand new behemoth a little smaller than North Shore's.

If you look most everywhere, especially in this area, that the visitor's side is usually smaller than the home side.  Dayton's is no exception, but their visitor side is more than adequate, in my opinion.  I believe it will easily seat 3,000 visitors.  Plus, you have to account for the several hundred that like to stand by the fences and watch instead of sitting down, plus the several hundred kids that will be wandering around looking/talking with friends instead of sitting down. 

Trust me, Dayton's visitors side has more than enough space for the dedicated bleacher fan.

If you look most everywhere, especially in this area, that the visitor's side is usually smaller than the home side.  Dayton's is no exception, but their visitor side is more than adequate, in my opinion.  I believe it will easily seat 3,000 visitors.  Plus, you have to account for the several hundred that like to stand by the fences and watch instead of sitting down, plus the several hundred kids that will be wandering around looking/talking with friends instead of sitting down. 

Trust me, Dayton's visitors side has more than enough space for the dedicated bleacher fan.

highsky, you obviously haven't seen an away PN-G game when they are winning like they are now and have basically the whole community behind them.  I am estimating that PN-G brings at least 4,000 people to this game.  It is also my guess that at least 1,000 of the 3,000 visiting tickets are gone with their season ticket base.  That said, Dayton's stadium is the largest stadium in Chambers or Liberty County.  Like I previously said, Dayton is still in better position to handle the crowd than lets say Barbers Hill or Crosby, which have visitors side much much smaller than Daytons.  This will be a record attendance game for Liberty and or Chambers County.  The stadium seats 8,500 and depending on how the walk up crowd is handled there could be upwards of 10,000 people in the stadium.  Then there is the parking.  City traffic in Dayton will be unbearable from 6 PM to 7 PM and also after the game.  People might be parking all the way at Brookshire Bros.  Traffic from 5:30 to 7:00 could be backed up way down into the river bottom on HWY 90.  I remember going to the dome in the 70's and the traffic jam on I-10 started backing in Baytown.  It was bumber to bumber from Baytown to the dome.

Just thinking of this, Dayton's visitor side is probably larger than LC-M's visiting side.  Some of the Indian fans may be thinking we still have the same visitor side that Nederland used last year, and that is not the case.

Regardless of the stadium, this game will be something that the athletes and the fans from Dayton will remember for a long long time.  We are hosting the school from this area that has the most state championships and one of the greatest playoff records east of Houston.  Halftime will be AWEsome!  Dayton's band has one of the best shows they have ever done, and then we get to see the Marching I, nothing else comes close!  Unfortunately for the PN-G fans, I think the ride home won't be too joyous.  ;)

highsky, this will be an adventure for you to see the onslaught of the PNG fans coming to this game.  When purple4ever was talking about traffic backed up, he wasn't kidding.  I've been in this area since the late 70's and I have NEVER seen a fan base as big as PNG's that follow the game at home and away whether they are winning or losing.  The spirit the PNG fans bring is awesome!  And your right, halftime will be spectacular.....if you've never seen the Marching "I", Cherokee being played, ALL the purple/white headdresses and the spirit and dedication of the PNG fans, you're in for a treat.  I agree, all that matters is the purple/white helmets on the field. I think Dayon's field is absolutely beautiful !  I agree, the best in the area.  And somehow, with the help of the good folks in Dayton, everyone that wants to see the game, hopefully will be able too.  I pray for an injury free game.....it's gonna be a good one!  

Lets not get "cocky"....

I remember my Aunt telling me about the radio anouncer from Silsbee talking about the PN-G crowd the first time that the Indians played the Tigers in Silsbee.

She said he kept saying, "Where did all these people come from".

PN-G packed the stands and had people standing all the way around the fence line.

Curious...

If you are a PN-G season ticket holder is the only away game ticket you get the Nederland game?

I remember my dad having them and the package was to almost all the district games.

Most of them live out of district.  They pay someone else water bill so their kids don't have to go to school in Port Arthur or Orange...... ;) ;) 

Sounds like it will be one heck of a game!!!  Wow, 10,000 possible fans at Dayton Bronco Stadium???? I only wish I could be there b/c I was there at Dayton in the mid-90's.  However, I am at a different school now so I will be rooting for my team come Friday night.  Good luck Broncos and Indians...let this be a clash of the titans (injury-free, of course)!!!!

I think 10,000 fans would be conservative at best.  I agree.....lets hope for an injury free game, both teams still have the post season to deal with and we want our district to go deep in the playoffs. ;D

I don't think over 10,000 people in that stadium would work.  There is a long fence line for standing room only, but only on one endzone.  If there are more than 10,000 people wanting to get in, it will be two to three people deep along the fence.  I don't think this will stop the PN-G fans.

I remember the 1980 PN-G TJ game.

Back then the fence line was about 5 yards from the endzone along the south side of the stadium so there was a large grass area from the fence all the way to the track.  There were so many standing, from the stands you couldn't see the track!  That was the largest crowd I have ever seen at the Reservation.  If PN-G brings over 6,000 (which is possible) there could be a serious problem, not just at this stadium but any stadium around here.

BOY...

I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!

WHAT A NIGHT IT WILL BE!!!

WELL WELL WELL Dayton has a great team Cody Green got hurt earlier this season and idk if he has made his come back i would hope so just for this game PNG needs to watch out for several KEY players that dayton has AJ Dugat was all over the Feild against Ned. and tore them a nice new one i play football in dayton a while back and played with AJ he was never hurt never DIDNT play he always played and never gave up he has always been a great player and i see him getting a scholorship to a college next year but people think that dayton doesnt have fans wow yall are wrong way wrong i live in the hill and STILL route for dayton and plan to be there friday night to watch dayton OPEN up the field on PNG Indians this is going to be a classical Game that sets the records two great teams playing each other it is going to be Purple and white VS. Purple and White or Bronco's Vs. Indian's or vise versa i expect Dayton to win by a great score i think by 21 i predict the final score to be 48-27

LETS GO BRONCOS

Hope them eagles beat Galena Park

I don't think over 10,000 people in that stadium would work.  There is a long fence line for standing room only, but only on one endzone.  If there are more than 10,000 people wanting to get in, it will be two to three people deep along the fence.  I don't think this will stop the PN-G fans.

I remember the 1980 PN-G TJ game.

Back then the fence line was about 5 yards from the endzone along the south side of the stadium so there was a large grass area from the fence all the way to the track.  There were so many standing, from the stands you couldn't see the track!  That was the largest crowd I have ever seen at the Reservation.  If PN-G brings over 6,000 (which is possible) there could be a serious problem, not just at this stadium but any stadium around here.

BOY...

I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!

WHAT A NIGHT IT WILL BE!!!

TJ won that game I was there in my Maroon and Gold

Guest TravelingBandsman

PNG defense is ROCK solid, offense clicking on all cylinders!  Please, Broncs, keep up with the overconfidence...there was another team that did that....hmmmm.....Lumberton....you see what happened to them...oh, thats right, Dayton LOST to Lumberton!  go figure  ::)

That statement has been picked apart by more than just me, so I won't say anything about it.

Big fan base, huh?  Only 200-300 at the Nederland game.....wait until you see the influx of fans from PNG........there will be purple all over Dayton...PNG PURPLE!!!!

PNG 21

Dayton 17

PNG defense is ROCK solid, offense clicking on all cylinders!  Please, Broncs, keep up with the overconfidence...there was another team that did that....hmmmm.....Lumberton....you see what happened to them...oh, thats right, Dayton LOST to Lumberton!   go figure  ::)

The fans don't speak for the players......

Dayton fans do not travel well--they listen to the game on 99.9 in Liberty. The fact is that Dayton fans are spoiled. Some of us do not remember the 4-41 record before the Jerry Stewart era. We have forgotten that we used to be EVERYONE'S HOMECOMING. Dayton has made the playoffs for 12 consecutive years and it is now somehow expected......welcome to Dayton PNG fans but the game will be decided on the field and we appreciate you folks spending money at the concession stands.

Any update on ticket sales from PN-G for the Dayton game???

I hope all of you travelling to Dayton on Friday have a safe round trip.

Also...

Just curious...

I have a summer job being a photographer at a summer camp in Pennsylvania.

When I tell them that my high school sells season tickets it just drops their jaws.

Most schools in the northeast can't comprehend the fan support for high school football that we have in Texas.

I am estimating that PN-G has a season ticket base of about 4,000.

Anyone from PN-G have a more "accurate" number to the season ticket base.

It is probably the largest in this part of the state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed