*Jasper vs. Silsbee Predictions/FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT ON THE LINE*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't Silsbee out??? HF beat Silsbee.

No. HF is out. Most likely scenario is the winner of Silsbee and Jasper gets in. Jasper can lose to Silsbee by less than 17 and still get in if HF beats Kirbyville. District tiebreakers are so much fun...

When Thomas Brooks was hired i predicted Jasper would make the Playoffs!

I was right there with you and thought we'd beat Livingston to get to 7-3. We're not there yet, though. I heard someone on the OT say that may not be anyone that can get past 2 rounds. I think anyone in this district can....especially the D1 rep that doesn't draw Giddings.

Giddings can be beat. Their Defense doesn't look as good as last year and their not putting up the points they did last year either.

I'm sure you'd love to see your Mustangs get another shot at them. I think WOS might be tougher on defense then they have been lately and that will at the very least keep them in games. I'm not ready to say the same for Jasper yet because we couldn't stop you guys at all when it counted...

Let me set it straight HF is not out of this. HF beats KV they are 4-3. If Silsbee beats Jasper both are 4-3. Then points take over and the maximum is 16 in this district. HF is already at 0 (+21 over Silsbee, -17 vs. Jasper). Jasper is +16 (36-19 over HF), Silsbee is -16(lost to HF 35-14), therefore if HF beats KV, Silsbee's only shot at playoffs is a 16 point+ win and a coin toss. If they don't win by 16+ then Jasper is the third playoff team. If HF losses to KV then whoever wins the game between Silsbee and Jasper is the third team because HF would not be in the mix and therefore head to head takes over in a two team tie. So Silsbee doesn't have to win by 16 to make it unless HF beats KV.

JUST TO SET RECORD STRAIGHT!!!!! HF STILL HAS A SHOT!!! GO TIGERS and then someone give my Horns a loaded coin!!!!!

Let me set it straight HF is not out of this. HF beats KV they are 4-3. If Silsbee beats Jasper both are 4-3. Then points take over and the maximum is 16 in this district. HF is already at 0 (+21 over Silsbee, -17 vs. Jasper). Jasper is +16 (36-19 over HF), Silsbee is -16(lost to HF 35-14), therefore if HF beats KV, Silsbee's only shot at playoffs is a 16 point+ win and a coin toss. If they don't win by 16+ then Jasper is the third playoff team. If HF losses to KV then whoever wins the game between Silsbee and Jasper is the third team because HF would not be in the mix and therefore head to head takes over in a two team tie. So Silsbee doesn't have to win by 16 to make it unless HF beats KV.

JUST TO SET RECORD STRAIGHT!!!!! HF STILL HAS A SHOT!!! GO TIGERS and then someone give my Horns a loaded coin!!!!!

Are you sure the next step is a coin flip?  Sometimes they go by district point differential..or so I thought.

no im not sure about the next step after point differential on teams tied but with a 16 point maximum im sure that will be tied as well. I am only going by what I have heard from HF coaches last night after the news of the KV comeback win. I do know all other info is very accurate and HF is still playing for a shot but Silsbee has to help them or if HF losses to KV then Silsbee only has to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed