PNG, Dayton, WOS, Kirbyville have all clinched spots

WOS87

22-4A

If PNG beats Dayton and Nederland beats Lumberton:  PNG will be outright district champs and go Division I.  Nederland will need to win by more than a touchdown for sure to have a chance at making the playoffs.. it depends on what the cutoff number is for the district in determining point differentials in a tiebreak situation.  Dayton will definitely qualify but will be either the 1st or 2nd seed in Division II depending on whether Lumberton or Ned is the other qualifier

If Dayton beats PNG and Nederland beats Lumberton then Dayton and Nederland will go Division II as the #1 and #2 seeds respectively with PNG going Division I.  PNG and Dayton will be District Co-Champs

If PNG beats Dayton and Lumberton beats Nederland

PNG will be outright district champs and go Division I, Lumberton will be the Division II top seed and Dayton the Division II 2nd seed

If Dayton beats PNG and Lumberton beats Nederland

There will be a 3-way tie for 1st between Dayton, PNG and Lumberton and they will officially be District Tri-champs...

PNG will go Division I, Lumberton will be the Division II top seed and Dayton will be the Division II 2nd seed

21-3A

Hamshire-Fannett and Silsbee are tied at 3-3

Jasper is 4-2

Jasper plays Silsbee

Hamshire-Fannett plays Kirbyville

Jasper beat H-F by 21 pts

H-F beat Silsbee by 21 pts

If Jasper and H-F win next week Jasper gets the 3rd playoff spot and goes Division I

If Silsbee and H-F win next week, Jasper still gets the 3rd playoff spot unless Silsbee can beat Jasper by 17 points or more.  That would force a 3-way tie between Silsbee, Jasper and H-F with all 3 tied in point differential

If H-F loses, the winner of the Jasper-Silsbee game gets the 3rd playoff spot, with the winner going Division I

A Dayton win makes the Lumberton and Nederland game an elimination game.

The winner is in the loser is out.

Lumberton can still advance with a loss of less than 8 if PN-G beats Dayton.

The point spreads with Nederland Dayton and Lumberton are....

Dayton has played both.

-1 against Lumberton and +16 against Nederland (you only get credit for 16 points)  Their sum is +15.  (Dayton is in in a three way tie)

Lumberton has +1

Nederland is -16

A 9 point Nederland win makes the points...

Dayton +15

Nederland -16 + 9 = -7

Lumberton +1 - 9 = -8

An 8 point Nederland win makes the points

Dayton +15

Lumberton +1 - 8 = -7

Nederland - 16 + 8 = -8

So......

With a PN-G win Lumberton starts the game with an 8 point "comfort zone".

With a Dayton win, Lumberton MUST win to get in.

Guest Robert Plant

Hey WOS87. Don't forget that there is other great ball being played in the area. WB is in and probably clinched the district title last night with a record of 6-0 and Humble now 5-1. If I'm not mistaking the tie breaker (if needed) would go to WB by way of head to head.

There is some misunderstanding about the fact if Dayton wins and Lumberton wins.  There will a 3 way tie for first.  PNG is just not given the top seed, yes they are big school representative but the point spreads come into effect according to UIL and district tie breaker system.  Dayton can win and Lumberton win and Dayton still represent as the top seed in District 22-4A. 

Guest maverick24

What has to happen for Dayton to miss out Because from what I read everyone is giving them a spot but The Houston paper says that Dayton has not clinched yet!!!!!

What has to happen for Dayton to miss out Because from what I read everyone is giving them a spot but The Houston paper says that Dayton has not clinched yet!!!!!

they would have to miss the bus. Even if they lose and Nederland wins....Dayton has the head to head. We are in regardless. The Houston paper is incorrect.

22-4A

If PNG beats Dayton and Nederland beats Lumberton:  PNG will be outright district champs and go Division I.  Nederland will need to win by more than a touchdown for sure to have a chance at making the playoffs.. it depends on what the cutoff number is for the district in determining point differentials in a tiebreak situation.  Dayton will definitely qualify but will be either the 1st or 2nd seed in Division II depending on whether Lumberton or Ned is the other qualifier

[glow=red,2,300]If Dayton beats PNG and Nederland beats Lumberton then Dayton and Nederland will go Division II as the #1 and #2 seeds respectively with PNG going Division I.  PNG and Dayton will be District Co-Champs[/glow]

If PNG beats Dayton and Lumberton beats Nederland

PNG will be outright district champs and go Division I, Lumberton will be the Division II top seed and Dayton the Division II 2nd seed

If Dayton beats PNG and Lumberton beats Nederland

There will be a 3-way tie for 1st between Dayton, PNG and Lumberton and they will officially be District Tri-champs...

PNG will go Division I, Lumberton will be the Division II top seed and Dayton will be the Division II 2nd seed

21-3A

Hamshire-Fannett and Silsbee are tied at 3-3

Jasper is 4-2

Jasper plays Silsbee

Hamshire-Fannett plays Kirbyville

Jasper beat H-F by 21 pts

H-F beat Silsbee by 21 pts

If Jasper and H-F win next week Jasper gets the 3rd playoff spot and goes Division I

If Silsbee and H-F win next week, Jasper still gets the 3rd playoff spot unless Silsbee can beat Jasper by 17 points or more.  That would force a 3-way tie between Silsbee, Jasper and H-F with all 3 tied in point differential

If H-F loses, the winner of the Jasper-Silsbee game gets the 3rd playoff spot, with the winner going Division I

It all looks good to me except if Dayton beats PN-G, Dayton would be considered outright District Champs correct? Even though they'd have identical records, Dayton would have the head to head win which would classify them as distrcit champs. I dont' think it'd affect the playoff pairing, but it may impact whether Dayton gets "Distict Champs" or "District Co-Champs" T-shirts........lol.

It all looks good to me except if Dayton beats PN-G, Dayton would be considered outright District Champs correct? Even though they'd have identical records, Dayton would have the head to head win which would classify them as distrcit champs. I dont' think it'd affect the playoff pairing, but it may impact whether Dayton gets "Distict Champs" or "District Co-Champs" T-shirts........lol.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think Co-Champs will be the official designation.  A few years ago the same thing happened between PNG & Ned, and that year "Co-Champs" was the title, if I am not mistaken.  Now if each district were only sending one team to the post-season, then yes, the head-to-head winner would go, but in this day & age of multiple teams going to the playoffs, Co-Champs is the title given to teams with identical district records.

The UIL considers all teams who are tied with the best record in district play as co-champs, no matter who wins the head-to-head.  Last year in 21-5A, there were 4  district champs as West Brook, Baytown Lee, PA Memorial, and Kingwood all finished with a 5-2 record.  West Brook got the top playoff seed as they won the head-to-head against ALL 3 of the other co-champs.

Guest PurplePride

HDBobcat59, you are CORRECT! If Dayton beats PNG, Dayton will be the District Champs. Lumberton and Nederlands game will have nothing to do with us UNLESS, PNG beats Dayton. Dayton already has a playoff spot.

;)GO BRONCOS!

HDBobcat59, you are CORRECT! If Dayton beats PNG, Dayton will be the District Champs. Lumberton and Nederlands game will have nothing to do with us UNLESS, PNG beats Dayton. Dayton already has a playoff spot.

;)GO BRONCOS!

Wrong.  If Dayton beats PNG, then PNG and Dayton will be "Co-Champs".  Dayton would not be the sole District Champs.

Sorry, don't get your hopes up...best Dayton can do is to share title with PNG.  If PNG wins, PNG will be the SOLE DISTRICT CHAMPS !

Wrong.  If Dayton beats PNG, then PNG and Dayton will be "Co-Champs".  Dayton would not be the sole District Champs.

Sorry, don't get your hopes up...best Dayton can do is to share title with PNG.  If PNG wins, PNG will be the SOLE DISTRICT CHAMPS !

Yep. They would be "co-champs," regardless of head-to-head records. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami