*Ozen 29 Vidor 14 Final/Comments*

Were you at the game?  Did you see the NINE turnovers.  If little Johnny could hold on to the ball, or not hang it up in the air for every defender known to man to get under it maybe the results would have been different.  I did not see the coach fumble a single time last night.  But, I did see the running backs lose at least 6 fumbles.

This has been a problem all year. While I dont believe wholesale changes in the coaching staff need to happen some changes need to be made. As for the kids they should shoulder alot of the blame some act like they could care less

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a problem all year. While I dont believe wholesale changes in the coaching staff need to happen some changes need to be made. As for the kids they should shoulder alot of the blame some act like they could care less

I'm not sure which kids you are talking about. I have seen a lot of heart in these boys the last few games. Some started the game with injuries because they cared, others played to the end hurt (good game #33). Most of them do care. This was a tough loss, but there were several put out on the sideline that were got hurt during the game & could not go back in (couple with concussions). As for the coaching staff, it can't be blamed all on them. Yes things should change, starting at the Junior High level, but these changes can happen without anyone getting fired.

I'm not sure which kids you are talking about. I have seen a lot of heart in these boys the last few games. Some started the game with injuries because they cared, others played to the end hurt (good game #33). Most of them do care. This was a tough loss, but there were several put out on the sideline that were got hurt during the game & could not go back in (couple with concussions). As for the coaching staff, it can't be blamed all on them. Yes things should change, starting at the Junior High level, but these changes can happen without anyone getting fired.

everyone needs to quit dogging our coaches!!! its not them its the team..i play for those coaches that you say are not the right guys for the job and i will fight for them til i cant fight anymore...

Maybe someone should tell the team that their opponents are saying your coaches need to be fired, so the Pirates can get that type of effort on the field.

Guest Vidor Pirate 40

I also play for Coach Mathews.  Last night we had 10 turnovers.  That is not his fault.  He is constantly telling us to protect the ball.  You cant imagine some of the things we here from the stands when he is talking to us on the sideline.  It is also tuff for us to look on this website and see people blaming him for our season.  If see people talking about not playing seniors and playing too many soph's.  Cj Perez was a starter out for the season.  Wesley Reed Out for the season.  Chase Ferguson was going to start both ways can only play Def (cant even practice ).  Cameron Perkins moved.  Scotty Utterback out for season.  Lathan Gold out for the season.  Bo PIllsbury ACL tear 

I also saw where someone said he is not playing because of Coach Mathews. There have been 2 that have quit and neither had a Knee injury.  This must be some fan that is lying trying to make the man look bad.  Ask any player that has ever played for Coach Mathews and ask them abouut him. 

The 9th grade team has 2 teams for the first time in 4 years.  The J.V. is small because he ran about 10 off and there are no more running backs.

I dont know if they will bring Coach back or not.  I hope he is!  But If you care about our senior year, please stop hollering negative things and please quit ripping him on this website.  Some of you sound as if you hate the man because we have had a bad season.  Do you think he wants to lose?

Eskues sucks, he was at WB with Rabb when we were losing for 7 years in a row.

If I remember correctly, during that seven year drought at WB, was when they started Ozen and all the GOOD/better than average athletes were sent to Ozen.  That, in itself, left Eskue and Rabb NOTHING to work with, much less win!  Both of those guys have many winning records, WHEN they were able to coach good athletes.  Do your homework and stop living a false dejavue.

vidor pirate 40 is right, it is not coach mathews fault that we lost its not his fault the our line men miss blocks its not his fault that our running backs fumble..and its not his fault that our receivers drop passes its all on the team...do you really think that our coaches coach us to do those things? if you do then your terribly wrong...i also dont know if they will bring coach mathews back but i hope they do because there is no other football coach that i would rather play for than him. like i said before i will fight for him til i cant fight anymore and i will defend him like he was my own dad...im sick of losing just like the rest vidor but if your going to yell at anyone from the stands or dog someone on this message board, yell at the team not coach mathews not coach esku or any other coaches...its not their fault

I also play for Coach Mathews.  Last night we had 10 turnovers.  That is not his fault.  He is constantly telling us to protect the ball.  You cant imagine some of the things we here from the stands when he is talking to us on the sideline.  It is also tuff for us to look on this website and see people blaming him for our season.  If see people talking about not playing seniors and playing too many soph's.  Cj Perez was a starter out for the season.  Wesley Reed Out for the season.  Chase Ferguson was going to start both ways can only play Def (cant even practice ).  Cameron Perkins moved.  Scotty Utterback out for season.  Lathan Gold out for the season.  Bo PIllsbury ACL tear   

I also saw where someone said he is not playing because of Coach Mathews. There have been 2 that have quit and neither had a Knee injury.  This must be some fan that is lying trying to make the man look bad.  Ask any player that has ever played for Coach Mathews and ask them abouut him. 

The 9th grade team has 2 teams for the first time in 4 years.  The J.V. is small because he ran about 10 off and there are no more running backs.

I dont know if they will bring Coach back or not.  I hope he is!  But If you care about our senior year, please stop hollering negative things and please quit ripping him on this website.  Some of you sound as if you hate the man because we have had a bad season.   Do you think he wants to lose?

I don't know where you were last year but they had two 9th grade teams then too.  Yet alot of them didn't come back this year.  Look at the JV.  Its good you and Pirate4life are loyal to your coach but everything you guys are telling us not to blame the coaches for all the mistakes the team is making but that is why they get paid to coach.  To make sure you don't make that many mistakes.  There is obviously something not happening in practice.  Hopefully things will turn around for you but what folks are saying is the truth.  I don't care if its Mathews or Eskew or Joe Smith someone needs to take responsibilty and get things changed.

In the overall big picture of life, what do you people want for your kids?  Is it the memory of a winning football season.  The dusty trophy on the wall saying they made first team all district/all state this or that?  Are you wanting them to be noticed by the NFL?  What exactly is it that you want for them in the ultimate end of their high school years?  How many professional athletes will Vidor, or any other school district around here, ever produce?  What are the odds?  I think back to when I was in high school and I couldn't tell you who won what game against who (and yes, I was at all of them). 

I don't know about you all but, I want my children to be well rounded, productive, respectible, hard working adults with a sense of respect and loyaty to their families, friends community and co-workers.  Are we adults, and I say WE, slamming their coaches (whom the majority of them love) doing anything at all to help them succeed in the "big picture of life"?  When you slam their coaches and talk about the horrible mistakes and plays, you are slamming them as well.  Yours, mine and ours!

I did not get to go to the game. How did Teinert look when he came in? Did we have our usual dropped passes are was he truly 4-10 for 76 yards? I wonder if he is the QB for next year? I know they have the freshman thats suppose to be pretty good and Hester being a Soph we all know he has a big time arm from baseball. Any ideas?

Guest blackflag

Were you at the game?  Did you see the NINE turnovers.  If little Johnny could hold on to the ball, or not hang it up in the air for every defender known to man to get under it maybe the results would have been different.  I did not see the coach fumble a single time last night.  But, I did see the running backs lose at least 6 fumbles.

Matthews did drop a pass last night ;D Did anyone see that?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami