Newton @ Woodville

Guest A-TOWN

Guest EagleFan01

I say let Woodville win...Newton will still be district champs and they go the small school bracket if and only if Woodville makes the playoffs.

Of course I am just kidding around but I do want Woodville to make it for that reason.

Woodville will get in anyway they need to win the last game against hemphill and i think they will do that. They always play newton tough but newton will pull it out.

Although possibly advantages to Newton if Woodville does make the playoffs Woodville may have to depend on other district teams to get in...

1. Woodville just got beat by Corrigan

2. Woodville beat San Augustine last week

3. Hemphill beat Corrigan last week

4. San Augustine beat Hemphill earlier

5. Woodville may have to beat both Newton next week then Hemphill to get in the playoffs depending on how the other teams play out...

6. I'm going from memory but I think in district play Corrigan has 2 losses, Hemphill has 2 losses, San Augustine and Woodville currently have 1 district loss, Newton has none, Shelbyville is probably out of the picture.

Unless Newton falls apart it will be interesting to see how 2nd and 3rd place in district plays out.

As far as the Newton vs. Woodville prediction… Newton by 17+. Newton has been playing 2nd team offence starting in the 3rd quarter the last couple weeks. Newton could have run up a mighty large score against both Shelbyville and Hemphill if desired…

Going from memory here, so forgive me if I am wrong but the standings at the moment are:

Newton 3-0

Woodville 2-1

San Augustine 2-1

Corrigan-Camden 1-2

Hemphill 1-2

Shelbyville 0-3

The big games (in terms of how things shake-out) in my opinion are CC vs SA this week and Woodville vs. Hemphill next week.

Assuming Newton wins out, the loser of the CC/SA game is likely out and the winner of the Hemphill/Woodville game is in.

Just ran through the scenarios and confirmed.

Unless Newton drops a game or Shelbyville wins one the number 2 and 3 spots are decided by the CC/SA and Wood/Hemp games.

For the purpose of this theorycrafting we'll say Newton will win out and Shelbyville will lose out.

Consider the first game mentioned. CC vs SA this week.

A CC win creates the following

Team   W   L

New   4   0

Wood   2   2

SA   2   2

CC   2   2

Hem   2   2

Shel   0   4

CC plays Shelbyville and SA plays Newton in week 10. That would almost certainly put CC in at 3-2 and SA out at 2-3. Woodville meets Hemphill in week 10 and in this scenario the winner makes the playoffs at 3-2, the loser stays home at 2-3.

In our other scenario, a week 9 win by San Augustine over CC we get this:

Team   W L

New   4   0

SA   3   1

Wood   2   2

Hemp   2   2

CC 1   3

Shel 0   4

In this scenario SA basically clinches. A week 10 loss to Newton would leave them at 3-2 and in a tie for second regardless of the outcome of any other games. CC is out because a win over Shelbyville gets them a 4th place finish at best. Woodville and Hemphill play in week 10 for the only remaining playoff berth.

Now playoff matchups:

If Woodville beats Hemphill:

D1 Woodville v Buna D2 Newton v Hardin, EC v CC/SA winner

If Hemphill beats Woodville it gets more complicated:

D1 Newton v Buna in all scenarios.

D2 depends on the CC/SA game. If CC beats SA it goes:

EC v CC and Hardin v Hemphill

If SA beats CC it would go:

EC v Hemphill and Hardin v SA

Not 100% sure on the D2 scenarios were Hemphill is in and Woodville is out. I assume tie-breaker is head-to-head. Either way you have two 3-2 tied for second in D2. Hemphill has head to head over CC but SA has head to head over Hemphill.

I think people might be surprised at the score in this game.  Newton SHOULD win but consider:

#1 Woodville always gets "up" for the Newton game and plays Newton tough

#2 If the Newton fumbling, penalty commiting Newton team that has shown up many times this year shows up Woodville could well end up the district champs

I hope Newton shows up and executes, but don't be surprised if this game ends with a margin closer than many expect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax