Most Dominating Team...

ohyehwut

If you are going to bring that up, then bring up who we were missing on the defensive side of the ball.  The defense wasn't the same then and you know it.  But, if you want to continue to bring that up to make yourself feel better, that's okay, we'll let ya.  Just know that deep down inside, YOU know why Ned beat WOS.  You know but you just don't want to say it out loud 'cause it hurts.  We understand.  We know at WOS....the situation has been corrected and hey....there's always February...realignment....new teams to play.  Ned vs WOS may be a reality and then we can get down to the brass tacks and put up or shut up.

I thought wos didn't make excuses... All teams go through problems with staff and players every year.  I never said that you wouldn't be competitive, but since we are being honest with ourselves, you thought you would run through 3a like a hot knife through butter, but you got a rude awaking the first year.  With the number of students that you have and suiting up, playing a entire season in a 4a district would be tough.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought wos didn't make excuses... All teams go through problems with staff and players every year.  I never said that you wouldn't be competitive, but since we are being honest with ourselves, you thought you would run through 3a like a hot knife through butter, but you got a rude awaking the first year.   With the number of students that you have and suiting up, playing a entire season in a 4a district would be tough.

We had about the same number of players suiting up in 2000 and made it to the state championship. When was the last time Nederland, Png, Central, Dayton, Lumberton, Ozen, Lcm, Vidor. etc. made it to the state championship? I thought so...I rest my case. You have all these big number of players, but yet none of you can make it to a state championship. Until you have the success that Wo-s has had year in and year out then you can't even be mentioned along side them. Just making the playoffs isn't enough. You guys are almost the size of a 5A school, why aren't you cutting through 4A?

We made it to the semis in 2001. Let's see you beat Smithson Valley. They went 5A the following year and played for state and lost, and they are right up there every year. I have all the respect in the world for WOS, but I have never been "afraid' of seeing us play them. When anyone mentions your failures, you try to sluff them off and just accentuate the positives. If just making the playoffs doesn't mean anything, why get all upset when someone mentions the years you didn't make it?

We made it to the semis in 2001. Let's see you beat Smithson Valley. They went 5A the following year and played for state and lost, and they are right up there every year. I have all the respect in the world for WOS, but I have never been "afraid' of seeing us play them. When anyone mentions your failures, you try to sluff them off and just accentuate the positives. If just making the playoffs doesn't mean anything, why get all upset when someone mentions the years you didn't make it?

we can sluff our failures off we have more victories than failures by far

well let me go to another part if it will make you happy.Unlike most teams when you go to practice for the first time that season at WOs the focus isnt on making the playoffs,the coaches are all focused on the state championships.That why the playoffs dont mean anything to us

Here's a tablespoon. Try to feed that to someone else. Everyone wants to win state but you have to make the playoffs first.

Here's a tablespoon. Try to feed that to someone else. Everyone wants to win state but you have to make the playoffs first.

Again, when was the last time you made it to state? Nobody cares that you made it to the semi's one time in 50 years, we have done that numerous times. When have you made it to state? answer that for me. Until you do that, don't put yourself in the same catagory with Wo-s because with their small numbers(which everybody seems to want to use to say they couldn't compete)they have still gotten to the state championship more times than anybody in 22-4A.

You made it the state championship and got smashed by Ennis.

You made it to the semi's a couple of years ago and got smashed.

Other than that you haven't gotten any farther in the playoffs than any other team around here in the last 20 years.

So tell me again what your braggin about?

Guest Chaingang Defense

We had the SMALLEST enrollment in 2000 and made it to the title game. Highest winning percenntage in the State...........THAT"S WHAT!!!

It was nice while it lasted, no hearing about how wos beat dayton, dayton goes on a win streak to the lesser teams in the district and it starts again

You beat dayon the 1st game of the season, that does't give you the 22-4a district title

Other than that you haven't gotten any farther in the playoffs than any other team around here in the last 20 years.

Well... I'm surely not bragging, but since you asked, in the last 20 years, we have 1 state title, 3 state title appearances and 1 semifinal appearance. Newton has 3 state title appearances and 2 titles in the last 20 years so I think they should be considered the most dominant closely followed by WOS.  Other than that, PNG went to the state title game in 99 and Jasper went in 04. Nederland ain't even in the picture according to your time frame.

No but we were in the playoffs. It's funny how you only use state appearances as the measuring stick for dominance, when actually some of the teams you have mentioned beat you during those years. Huh, I always thought consistency was the measure of greatness in sports. Duhhhh, what was I thinking?

Someone mentioned that a dominant team struck "fear" in the hearts of their opponents. In that case, I would have to say the old Beaumont Hebert Panthers fill that bill. You literally dreaded playing those guys.

No but we were in the playoffs. It's funny how you only use state appearances as the measuring stick for dominance, when actually some of the teams you have mentioned beat you during those years. Huh, I always thought consistency was the measure of greatness in sports. Duhhhh, what was I thinking?

Someone mentioned that a dominant team struck "fear" in the hearts of their opponents. In that case, I would have to say the old Beaumont Hebert Panthers fill that bill. You literally dreaded playing those guys.

Consistency? How about 16 district titles and 18 playoff appearances in the last 22 seasons? We've won our district 72 percent of the last 22 seasons. If we win out this season in district, 15 of those district titles will have been SWEEPS (undefeated in district). Add to that the state's all-time best winning percentage in any classification. Show me someone in our area who is more consistent.

Even in two of the three years we missed the playoffs, we had better regular season records than your doggies.

Merriam-Webster defines "DOMINANT" this way:

"commanding, controlling, or prevailing over all others "

Coming in second or third in district year-in, year-out doesn't fit the last three words of that definition. Read the previous part of my post. Read my sig. Night night.

I'm bragging about making it to state more times than anybody in 22-4a, again when have Nederland made it there? You get "smashed" long before you can make it there. You seem to keep avoiding that question. The point is Wo-s has had more success getting to the big dance more than any of you. Until you accomplish what they have, don't even mention yourself in the same breath as them because the only thing that you have proven is that you get to the playoffs, but can't get anything done once you get there. As I said, get to even the semi's more times than once in 50 years, then come and talk to me.

Let’s face it. If any other school had the same record West Orange-Stark has, their fans would be trumpeting that record as proof of their greatness.

The only reason someone makes light of that record is because it doesn’t belong to him and his.

Exactly!!! Everybody knows Wo-s is the most hated...it's a jealousy thing. You can't just brag on making it to the playoffs, that's not that big of a deal if your in a sorry district. I remember the years that Wo-s didn't make it to the playoffs when they only lost two games. You had teams in another district making it to the playoffs with a 2-6 record. That's doesn't prove anything and that 2-6 team certainly wasn't dominate. No, making it to the playoffs doesn't make you a dominate team. Wo-s has the highest winning percentage of any team in the state...That's dominates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83