BH 10 BC 0 Final Game 2

How did Huffman beat the Hales kid? He's one the most polished sophmores in the area. He's pitched 10 innings against HF and BC, 0 runs. 3 hits, 23 k's. BC had him on ropes in the 1st with the bases loaded and 1 out and he comes back with 2 k's. Game over.

It would have been nice if Hales could have gone 7, don't want to see him the rest of series. BC sets up well for tommorrow as Stringer and Haymond should be available. The problem is can BC cool these bats of BH ?

Lefty's give the Cardinals fits, they will put the ball in play against Barrera, he's real good but thankfully he's not a lefty.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Huffman beat the Hales kid? He's one the most polished sophmores in the area. He's pitched 10 innings against HF and BC' date=' 0 runs. 3 hits, 23 k's. BC had him on ropes in the 1st with the bases loaded and 1 out and he comes back with 2 k's. Game over.

It would have been nice if Hales could have gone 7, don't want to see him the rest of series. BC sets up well for tommorrow as Stringer and Haymond should be available. The problem is can BC cool these bats of BH ?

Lefty's give the Cardinals fits, they will put the ball in play against Barrera, he's real good but thankfully he's not a lefty.[/quote']

Huffman never seen Hales. Glant and Carmona pitched aainst Huffman. Ross Hales is going to be something else. I cant beleive he's a Sophmore!!!

Guest Orangeboy

Great game by Hales and his Eagles. That kid is something special. Should be a great game tomorrow. Go BC, represent the East.

well i guess im eating my words big time on this one.... i thought maybe we'd be in a little trouble w/ haymond considering how they touched angelle. but not enough to make me think that we would lose much less by 10 runs! sounds like the bh kids can hit, and w/ it being a young team they'll be hitting for a while. im at a loss for words. not commenting on tomorrows game just for superstition sake. congrats bh on a big win.

Lets go BC!!

Guest bleed orange

24AAA was weak this year and I think that hurt BC to prepare for the playoffs. I am pulling for BC all the way. Take care of business on Saturday and you will be fine. Baseball is a funny sport you can be great one day and off the next that is the way it goes, forget about today because tommorrow is a new day. STAY FOCUSS! You have been prepared for this your whole life. You know what to do.

Guest Jody

The eagles will take game 3.

Not counting any chickens here. BC may have a really good pitcher for game 3, or our young kids could make a lot fo errors. If one or both of the two don't occur, look out.

First, a superb job by BH last night. I thought Hales threw extremely well, allowing 1 hit and striking out 13. Just a great job. He was in 1 jam (loaded the bases in the first on an error, Dishon's single and a walk and 1 out) and struck out the next two. Offensively, that was the ball game for BC.

Second, BH swung the bats well. The big hit was the double by Loranger which pretty much sealed the deal in the 1st. The turning point (if there is a turning point in a 10-0) game was the misfire on the 1st and 3rd pickoff. Instead of 2 outs and a 1-0 game, it is 1 out and a 3-0 game. Haymon pretty much fell apart after that. His velocity was down 79-80 and his curve ball flat (his elbow was dropping all night). Still, BH flat out swung it and you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Third, BH puts the ball in play and BC showed that, at best, they are average defensively. That does not bode well for the Cards in game 3. BH made 1 error (1st play of the night) but with 13 of the 15 outs by K you don't need to play much defense.

Fourth, this game reminded me very much of an earlier blowout loss that BC suffered (9-0 to Nederland). Haymon was 'off' and got hit early, while Nederland threw a soph LHP who shut them down. Very similar game.

Last, the season comes down to a Barrera vs. Stringer match up in game 3. Both pitchers can be very effective but there is an immense amount of pressure. Clearly, BH has momentum and the advantage that (if need be) they can use Hales to close out a late inning lead (his pitch count was fairly low last night). On the other hand, I doubt BC can use Angelle (he threw 130+ pitches on Thursday).

Should be an interesting day in Baytown....

And for the record:

1. I am not a WOS fan (didn't go to school there, don't live there) - I do respect what Hooks has done there over his career and salute McCarter for taking basketball team to Austin this year. You guys should see all the PMs I got this season because I didn't think Sparks was the 2nd greated pitcher in SE Texas....

2. I don't think, and never said, BH fans were ignorant. I may have disagreed with them (or they may have disagreed with me).

3. I just like baseball. I have followed it in this area for years. I don't think that makes me a 'baseball god'. It just makes me someone who is very interesting in the game. I am fan of the game. Sure, I have teams I 'like' better than others -- that makes me a fan.

4. And, I promise you -- whoever wins Saturday, I'll be rooting for them next week when they play Columbus/Hutto.

Guest Jody

First' date=' a superb job by BH last night. I thought Hales threw extremely well, allowing 1 hit and striking out 13. Just a great job. He was in 1 jam (loaded the bases in the first on an error, Dishon's single and a walk and 1 out) and struck out the next two. Offensively, that was the ball game for BC.

Second, BH swung the bats well. The big hit was the double by Loranger which pretty much sealed the deal in the 1st. The turning point (if there is a turning point in a 10-0) game was the misfire on the 1st and 3rd pickoff. Instead of 2 outs and a 1-0 game, it is 1 out and a 3-0 game. Haymon pretty much fell apart after that. His velocity was down 79-80 and his curve ball flat (his elbow was dropping all night). Still, BH flat out swung it and you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Third, BH puts the ball in play and BC showed that, at best, they are average defensively. That does not bode well for the Cards in game 3. BH made 1 error (1st play of the night) but with 13 of the 15 outs by K you don't need to play much defense.

Fourth, this game reminded me very much of an earlier blowout loss that BC suffered (9-0 to Nederland). Haymon was 'off' and got hit early, while Nederland threw a soph LHP who shut them down. Very similar game.

Last, the season comes down to a Barrera vs. Stringer match up in game 3. Both pitchers can be very effective but there is an immense amount of pressure. Clearly, BH has momentum and the advantage that (if need be) they can use Hales to close out a late inning lead (his pitch count was fairly low last night). On the other hand, I doubt BC can use Angelle (he threw 130+ pitches on Thursday).

Should be an interesting day in Baytown....

And for the record:

1. I am not a WOS fan (didn't go to school there, don't live there) - I do respect what Hooks has done there over his career and salute McCarter for taking basketball team to Austin this year. You guys should see all the PMs I got this season because I didn't think Sparks was the 2nd greated pitcher in SE Texas....

2. I don't think, and never said, BH fans were ignorant. I may have disagreed with them (or they may have disagreed with me).

3. I just like baseball. I have followed it in this area for years. I don't think that makes me a 'baseball god'. It just makes me someone who is very interesting in the game. I am fan of the game. Sure, I have teams I 'like' better than others -- that makes me a fan.

4. And, I promise you -- whoever wins Saturday, I'll be rooting for them next week when they play Columbus/Hutto.[/quote']

Classy post MIF. I think BHFAN might just be giving you a little elbow after yesterday. We will also root for whomever wins today, except if Huffman and BC meet, then we got to stick with our district.

By the way, you are the first to admit the BC district was weak.....my congrats on that.

24AAA was weak this year and I think that hurt BC to prepare for the playoffs. .

This is the dumbest comment I have ever heard. We are all now dumber for having to read it.

So let me sum up what you are saying. It is HJ, HF, WOS, OF, ANA's fault for getting your a$$ kicked?????? and not preparing the all high and mighty BC cardinal for their magical playoff run???

what you should be questioning is why you threw your #2 who hasn't thrown a meaningful game in 6 weeks against a #1 who has been shoving it up teams a$$e$ for the last 4...

People will look for excuses, but this my friend is a reach

Give me a fahking break

Guest bleed orange

I did not write that to start something. What I meant was, this year the district was not as strong as lt has been in the past. That was evident because BC 10 run ruled everbody. Sometimes that is not a good thing. Teams tend to get over confident and that can hurt you in the long run. I am not from BC and could really careless about baseball. I was just stating an asumption. I really don't care what you think "hfaninthestands".

Man it nice to see and fight and not be part of it :lol:

Nice Post MIF, Looks like BH just got a little respect on here. IF we win today maybe we can stop using the Trinity River as a boundry. :D

Guest etbu

BhFan Hales did pitch over in here in Huffman. :lol: Can you imagine the pitching staff's that Huffman will have next year with Listi, Arnold, and soph Morriss who shut down Hudson for two innings last night?

Guest bulldogbark

well the weak district excuse can only used this year , next year the "our district was two strong we got beat up" excuse will be used :)

Guest BobcatBeliever

OH come on guys....Bleed does have a legitimate point in that BC did 10 run everyone they played in district.....He isn't from BC and I assure you certainly has no personal interest in if BC wins or loses other than we'd all like to see a local team take it to state....give the guy a break, he just stated his opinion in what HE thinks COULD have been (1) of BC's downfalls here.....and afterall, WE ALL have opinions.

GO BIG RED.....Bobcats are backing you all the way!!!

Guest bleed orange

Thanks bobcatbeliever. There is always someone who reads a quote and turns it into something it was not mean't to be. I do it sometimes too.

24AAA was weak this year and I think that hurt BC to prepare for the playoffs............

Everybody can rip my ORANGE neighbor for this post if you want' date=' but I believe it to be very true. In fact, the same was true for the girls in softball.

When you get used to playing 5 innings, winning by 10 runs, and laughing and joking in the dug-out, it's hard to get it turned around and get focused in a tight ball game. And the play-offs are ALL tight ball games. You forget how to concentrate and get mentally focused to play great error-free ball when you go so long without having to.

(my $.02 worth)

Guest bleed orange

Thanks 3Abirdman, I did not mean to cut down any other school. But apparently thats the way some people took it. But you know what the truth hurts sometimes. People don't want to hear the truth because most of them can't handle it.

The point (I think) about BC being in a weak district has a lot to do with the fact that the other teams in their district played 'scared' against them. BC almost never saw anyone's #1 during the season because everyone else in that district played for 2nd/3rd place. There's nothing wrong with that (sometimes its better to be a penny wise instead of a pound foolish) but it did not help BC (and, again, that is not the other school's job). It is, however, a fact. The other schools simply laid down for BC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83