BH 10 BC 0 Final Game 2

I agree MIF and for more reasons than the fact they didnot see several team's #1 pitcher. The Cardinals do not steal many bases. As a rule they were not agressive on the bases because during district it would have been perceived as "sticking it in their eye" while 10-run ruling everyone. Pitchers had the luxury of pitching with large leads. Once again, that is not a knock on our district foes. It was , as a district, an off year with most teams fielding young squads. All that being said, the Cardinals will have to deal with that if they wish to be considered worthy of a State Championship. Barbers Hill definately put the Card's feet to the fire and made BC a better team. More fire coming in the form of the Columbus Cardinals! Good Luck, B.C. !!! :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point (I think) about BC being in a weak district has a lot to do with the fact that the other teams in their district played 'scared' against them. BC almost never saw anyone's #1 during the season because everyone else in that district played for 2nd/3rd place. There's nothing wrong with that (sometimes its better to be a penny wise instead of a pound foolish) but it did not help BC (and' date=' again, that is not the other school's job). It is, however, a fact. The other schools simply laid down for BC.[/quote']

I don't believe any team played scared, just smart.

WOS did throw Sparks, HJ threw Roebuck in district. The only teams I remember not throwing No 1 were HF, and really do you think it would have made any difference ?

Lufkin Hudson has the same problem and maybe worst. Kirbyville took LH's district opponent playoff team in the 1st round and you know what BC did to Kirybville.

I agree that the teams played smart (as well as scared). While some may disagree with the term 'laying down', when you refuse to throw your best against the district's best, you are telling your kids 'we can't win'. And you shouldn't be surprised when you don't - I didn't mean to imply those kids didn't try. I think the kids played hard but the fact remains that it was a 'easy ride' thru district for BC. I think (and hope) that BH has woke up the 'sleeping giant'.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed