L-TRAIN and png MAVERICKS TAKE ON THE GAME

Guest maverick24

Guest maverick24

Instead of answering 100 PM'S I will tell you what I thought here. Neither team came out and did what we all thought or expected them to do. Both teams came out and threw the ball more than most expected. png caught our safetys looking in the back field twice and took advantage of them that led to  2 scores which turned out to be the dif. Neither team really ran the ball with any consistancy  when they needed that 1st down most of the time they went to the air. png's passing game was better than they were in any of the other games. Hemmings was just as I expected Good Strong Powerful, No I still dont think of him as fast, but very powerful. I think the refs did a good job (even though some of my other Raider fans did not) I thought it was done totally Bias. Did not see any real unsportsman like behavior, saw the one png player try to jaw at BEARD after Beard took his head off, but refs sent them on their way Beard went back to hudddle and png player went to sideline to see the Trainer. Hanna had one of the biggest runs for the L-Train for a score. Hemmings had a very hard run where he carried a few

L-Town players with him for a first. All in all it was a great game Momentum went back and forth.

I TAKE MY HAT OFF AND BOW TO THE png PLAYERS AND COACHES THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR GAMES.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good post mave. no need to explain or defend about everything. score was

10 to 10  4 & goal with 15 sec. remaing in half,that to me was the difference

when they scored & went up 17-10 at half. best team tonight won,but i still

like our team & chances.one guy from png said refs where terrible,but flags

flew on both teams deservingly.no excuses ,guys both ways.ref let teams

decide game on field. png defended their home,they packed a lunch tonight,

just in case.i bet u the stats r closer than some think.good luck to both

teams in district. ltrain was not derailed, just to many ndns got on board

& slowed it down ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

DERAILED, DERAILED!!!! I saw your hoss limping around and running off the field to see yalls trainer and your QB took a couple of good hits and limp around, i told ya our "D" would bring it, man we gotta work on pass "D"

Mav did ya stop at sandersons on your way home for that crow, they even had hot sauce for ya

Hey Mav, might want to change this slogan Who's Next 3 down 4 to go! ;D

Also, I think both teams hit each other hard, does HEMMINGS remind you, but I do think Lumberton had a slight edge on big hits. There was one on a kickoff return where Lumberton laid one of our guys out. Congrats on the rest of yall's season

Good game Lumberton I believe the best team one however you guys have a good team and nothing to hang your head about.

Ill quote a friend of mine from work who is a Nederland fan and also talks on here,

"I don't mind losing as bad if we lose to a better team" You have a great team and goodluck on the rest of the season

new indian, before u respond to this post, look at my threads all through

this forum. i showed nothing but respect to all the teams we faced. i will

try & keep idiots in check from ltown, but also will defend our young men

& most of our fans from stupid comments made by haters. as for u , u are

one of the most ungracious posters ive seen. wether ndns win or lose ur

posts r always either bragging relentlessly,trashmouthing all who disagree,

r threating to burn somebody down,stupid comment. seems to me u probably

never played sports before,r played some sports just never played. i admit

on several threads tonight ,best team tonight won,plain & simple comment,

no trash here. so before u torture us anymore with your open pie hole, think

how it makes png posters look, as some of our ungracious posters also do.

as for as png,good game young men,congrats. thanks png fans,thanks lum

players,thanks lum fans,good luck :)seen lots of pos.post by lumberton

fans tonight,thanks

Wrong again played WR in HS what did you play band? and evidently you didnt watch too much cowboy and NDN movies as a child, and your fans talked just as much trash if not more, so dont go away mad just go away :-* :'(

and i dont post for PNG i post for myself, but when you come out with foolish comments ill come out with both guns blazing

Guest maverick24

I read on here how the png people were graceous winners well all but the NEW INDIAN have been I will assume that he has not been there long. You should read what some of the other png  fans have said and then realize why people are on you. We all talked smack now we tell the team that won Great job and shake their hands and talk smack about the next game.

Wrong again played WR in HS what did you play band? and evidently you didnt watch too much cowboy and NDN movies as a child, and your fans talked just as much trash if not more, so dont go away mad just go away :-* :'(

and i dont post for PNG i post for myself, but when you come out with foolish comments ill come out with both guns blazing

Well at last someone admits that not only Lumberton talks smack :o  ;)

Yes, Lumberton fans talked a lot and now we are here to say "Good game PNG". Ya'll played a great game tonight!!  Appreciate all the good posts about our team.

Instead of answering 100 PM'S I will tell you what I thought here. Neither team came out and did what we all thought or expected them to do. Both teams came out and threw the ball more than most expected. png caught our safetys looking in the back field twice and took advantage of them that led to  2 scores which turned out to be the dif. Neither team really ran the ball with any consistancy  when they needed that 1st down most of the time they went to the air. png's passing game was better than they were in any of the other games. Hemmings was just as I expected Good Strong Powerful, No I still dont think of him as fast, but very powerful. I think the refs did a good job (even though some of my other Raider fans did not) I thought it was done totally Bias. Did not see any real unsportsman like behavior, saw the one png player try to jaw at BEARD after Beard took his head off, but refs sent them on their way Beard went back to hudddle and png player went to sideline to see the Trainer. Hanna had one of the biggest runs for the L-Train for a score. Hemmings had a very hard run where he carried a few

L-Town players with him for a first. All in all it was a great game Momentum went back and forth.

I TAKE MY HAT OFF AND BOW TO THE png PLAYERS AND COACHES THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR GAMES.

thanks for the classy post mav, Your team showed a lot of heart. Good luck to yall the rest of the season.

PS...Hemmings got his 100 yards.... ;D

[/quote

brave.gif

Good post, Mav.......I don't care what other posters may say, you really do have class!   Looked for you at the game....waaaayyyyyy too many Blue shirts!  Have to give it to your fans....they love their Raiders and deservedly so!  As my wife and I were walking out.....many, and I say many, Raider fans gave congrats to PNG......Lumberton fans have a lot of class.  Best of luck to the Raiders the rest of the season!  You will represent our district well in 22-4a.  Man, what a game!  Take Care!

Guest pngpurplenwhite

What about this hit?

http://gallery.mac.com/cckmso#100290

mav24 yes i was at the game...never missed one ..win or lose...we don't even have a band wagon to get on or off of like y'all do...and no i didn't see anyone of our guys get their head taken off...but please tell me what you saw on the east goal line when #33 took it in for another score

Guest maverick24

I saw a kid take on a kid that was probably 75 lbs heavier and he lost. I dont get it are you begging someone to say he ran over a smaller player, does that make you feel good? There ok I said it!

I gave yall kudos on another thread, and as for winning yeah im used to it dont like losing.

Winnings not everthing its the only thing

PNG has great tradition, great spirit, and community support.  They are the envy of all the other programs in the area as far as long term success and support (and that includes WOS as well).  All the fans that I know personally are a credit to the school and and good people.  Most all the PNG fans on this board, although confident about the Indians chances to win were gracious winners.  NewIndian, however has chosen the low road.  Despite how he conducts himself, I will continue to pull for the Indians to do well.  It just wouldn't be right to pull against them because of one bad apple.  Matt Burnett has always been a class guy and deserves to be a winner.  My hats off to the Indians for last nights victory.  It wasn't given to you, you earned it.  Now, go out and run the table on 22-4A

mav24 yes i was at the game...never missed one ..win or lose...we don't even have a band wagon to get on or off of like y'all do...and no i didn't see anyone of our guys get their head taken off...but please tell me what you saw on the east goal line when #33 took it in for another score

The Hemming hit was big no doubt, but Beard smashed Doty.  He tried to jaw a little bit, but then he stumbled over to the sideline and fell to the ground in pain.  The hits we big on both sides of the ball.  The diffence in the game in my opinion was the Lumberton D never did pressure Tatum in the pocket.  Give credit to the PNG O-line. 

PNG has great tradition, great spirit, and community support.  They are the envy of all the other programs in the area as far as long term success and support (and that includes WOS as well).   All the fans that I know personally are a credit to the school and and good people.  Most all the PNG fans on this board, although confident about the Indians chances to win were gracious winners.  NewIndian, however has chosen the low road.  Despite how he conducts himself, I will continue to pull for the Indians to do well.  It just wouldn't be right to pull against them because of one bad apple.  Matt Burnett has always been a class guy and deserves to be a winner.  My hats off to the Indians for last nights victory.  It wasn't given to you, you earned it.  Now, go out and run the table on 22-4A

UH, reality check please.

No disrespect to PNG I think they have a great history and they are our friends. But I can tell you for sure neither WOS nor Nederland envy anything PNG. They are a good team and they have good support. I dont envy their pride or tradition. We have our own and we earned it without any help from PNG or anyone else except Coach Neumanns exquisite leadership skills,  thank you very much.

I would not trade the last decade of Bulldog football with PNG for anything. No way, no how. And I could care less what happened in 1975. Not sour grapes, just the way it is.  :D

PNG has great tradition, great spirit, and community support.  They are the envy of all the other programs in the area as far as long term success and support (and that includes WOS as well).   All the fans that I know personally are a credit to the school and and good people.  Most all the PNG fans on this board, although confident about the Indians chances to win were gracious winners.  NewIndian, however has chosen the low road.  Despite how he conducts himself, I will continue to pull for the Indians to do well.  It just wouldn't be right to pull against them because of one bad apple.  Matt Burnett has always been a class guy and deserves to be a winner.  My hats off to the Indians for last nights victory.  It wasn't given to you, you earned it.  Now, go out and run the table on 22-4A

You're kiddin', right?  How the heck can you speak for WOS fans?  And what the heck do we have to be jealous of PNG about?  I guess we can start counting...."We have more state championships than you"...."nana, nana boo boo".  Gimme a break....I don't think you really want to go there with that.  That being said, good luck to the NDNS on the rest of their season...

I think ya'll need to be upset at the person who put that, but not at PNG by saying how many state titles, and so on. Heck, WOS may be beating teams in this area, but they can't win a 3A state title, so please lay off that mess. As for Mike East, it appears you stay on the PNG threads more than the Nederland threads, so yes you might ENVY us ;D 

For the record, WOS isn't jealous of PNG ::)  One point though is there are alot of WOS fans that jump on here and say how they would win district in 22-4A. They might be right some years, but this isn't one of them. With all of that being said, I hope the Stangs and Ned win the rest of their games.

HEY, how did you get the design off our run thru banner except it says "bring it on " on it,  PNGYFL finished their season this afternoon. I tell you what NDN fanz if this is a vision of whats to come its gonna be good, we left some one laying on the field for the other team almost every play. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami