Buna 7-0 ( 3-0) @ East Chambers 7-0 (3-0)/Our Other Small School GOW

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is gonna be a high scoring game...

I don't know about that. I haven't seen Buna's defense, but unless the EC defense decides to nap on the sidelines, I don't think it will be high-scoring. The Buc defense just keeps getting better and better, IMHO. Anyone agree/disagree?

EC 28

Buna 21

I don't know about that. I haven't seen Buna's defense, but unless the EC defense decides to nap on the sidelines, I don't think it will be high-scoring. The Buc defense just keeps getting better and better, IMHO. Anyone agree/disagree?

EC 28

Buna 21

Buna has a pretty good defense. These two teams are gonna have to keep their poise cause if one team cracks, its over.

Buna has a pretty good defense. These two teams are gonna have to keep their poise cause if one team cracks, its over.

I think I probably agree with this, if one team cracks it may be the turning point for the other.  Buna's D is solid, but they can be scored on, as almost anyone can.

I also, tend to agree with melanie on the score, somewhere in that neighborhood, and the scores could reciprocate.(sp?)

havent seen EC play.. but buna has a big defensive line.. and if the oline from ec isnt able to block them... look out.  this game is too close to say..

Well, now I'm getting outside my comfort zone. I can regurgitate facts, but assessments get me into trouble almost everytime. That being said, as I have watched the Bucs play all season, the minute the Bucs' opponents take the field, I think "Uh oh, they look big." And, in fact, in most cases I think EC gets out-sized. However, I think that EC's speed and discipline carry them. The discipline (or poise, as it was put earlier) is what will make the difference in this game. I think their experience (winning seniors, winning coaches) will help in that area, too. We'll see . . . That's the reason we show up on Friday nights!

Go Bucs!!!!

All this talk about defense, offense, size and speed!  We have a bye week and I'm going to the game to see if Buna can contain Tramain Thomas......................................................................................

I'll say this, if those big boys from Buna can catch him, yes they can contain him.  The problem will be in the catching....

Guest THE FAN

both teams better bring their A-game if they want to win. penalties and turnovers will decide the winner.  Go BUNA! should be a dandy. Buna in a close one, 35-28

Well I havent seen EC but have been pretty impressed by them.  With Buna my hats off to them on a good season.  But in my opinion if Kountze had not shot their selves in the foot by fumbling without contact.  Buna would have lost to Kountze but that said it didnt happen.  Kountze to me is not getting any credit at all in the District and they deserve more than they get.  They have a very talented team as well.  Now as far as this game I see EC winning a good one cause Tramain is just too much to handle both passing and running.  Good luck to both teams in the contest. 

GO LIONS

Well I havent seen EC but have been pretty impressed by them.  With Buna my hats off to them on a good season.  But in my opinion if Kountze had not shot their selves in the foot by fumbling without contact.  Buna would have lost to Kountze but that said it didnt happen.  Kountze to me is not getting any credit at all in the District and they deserve more than they get.  They have a very talented team as well.  Now as far as this game I see EC winning a good one cause Tramain is just too much to handle both passing and running.  Good luck to both teams in the contest.   

GO LIONS

I agree...Kountze is not getting the credit they deserve! Great team over there!

With all this glorification of EC's Thomas and just how good EC's running game is going to be and the 14+ point win predictions... I'm sorry... but I'm going to have to slap a few of you with a reality check. Buna's got speed, size, and the ability to stop him. Not only that, am I the only one that has seen what Buna's O-Line can do to a defense. Front 7 watch out on EC, you got some big boys coming your way. Look for this game to be very close. With two powerful offensives and strong defenses we are going to get our money's worth from this game. Good luck to both teams. Look for EC to edge this one out by a touchdown.

The reason everyone is saying that this is for the district championship is because it is...Kountze and Hardin are quality teams but both have already lost to Buna.  If Buna wins then certainly you would assume they will win out.  If EC wins, then they should be able to beat 2 teams that were beaten by Buna.  I think if Buna does not turn the ball over and plays physical for 4 quarters, then the Cougars will prevail...BUNA 28 EC 20!

The reason everyone is saying that this is for the district championship is because it is...Kountze and Hardin are quality teams but both have already lost to Buna.  If Buna wins then certainly you would assume they will win out.  If EC wins, then they should be able to beat 2 teams that were beaten by Buna.  I think if Buna does not turn the ball over and plays physical for 4 quarters, then the Cougars will prevail...BUNA 28 EC 20!

EC misses a PAT? or do they make two FGs? either way I think you hav the score backwards... physical play will keep Buna in it all 4 quarters but EC comes away with this win. Look at how many points Hardin put against Buna.

well I haven't kept up with Buna, but having seen EC play and being their neighbors and all...I'm going with the kids from EC, Thomas is awesome, along with the rest of the team. I'm sure it will be a tough one for them but I believe they will come out on top. Not predicting a score....just a win for EC!

GO BUCS!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476