*Nederland 31 Ozen 14 Final/Comments*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st, I thought the Zebras were out to lunch last week but this game was a comedy of errors.

Again the Dogs owe a game ball to Warreal Grogan, who is a monster on defense and wide receiver Asa Cardenas. The Panthers have so many athletes, how do they ever lose a game? Their defensive backs were some of the best I‘ve seen.

Our kicking game was solid with Trahan, at spurts the running game came alive.

Overall not pretty, but the defense came alive in the second half, Bellows was really pressure tonight but seem to make the plays when needed.

What a great win for the Dogs. On the road and down 14-3, never giving up and coming back to score 28 unanswered points is truly amazing. Our defense played excellent in the second half. I agree with admin, Grogan was player of the game for Ned. Ozen's player of the game, their RB #28.

I think Ozen needs to regroup and start playing football instead of sitting back and waiting to take a cheap shot at the opposing team. #5 should have been ejected for a forearm to the head which knocked our WR Brady to his knees. This wasn't even flagged. He could have made a clean hit and you wouldn't hear a thing from me. #26 got ejected for the same type shot. This ain't football people. It's called headhunting.

No class at all!!! Brady is down on the ground Nederland players hit a knee...and then two Ozen player run at each other, and then jump up and slap hands in the air. If a player is hurt you take a knee, you don't celebrate cause you make a cheap shot, no class at all.

DEFENSE

But!! Wareall Grogan, You are a defensive HOSS, I love watching this kid hustle every game, you play your heart out, and it shows that you are the man on the Defensive side of the ball!!

OFFENSE

Asa, you make the most amazing catches son, great game, keep up the great work!Broussard and Brady too, great game!!

Kirby, pressured and hit hard at times, you still did a great job son.

Our running game didn't look too bad either  ;D ;D Great game Dogs!!

Way to go Dogs!  Good job recovering from last week's loss. 

Now the key is to not start looking ahead to Dayton & L-town, but stay focused on LCM and what it will take to win that game.  We will face the other two soon enough.

Great win Dogs . . . keep it up!!  ;D

Great win for the Dogs.  Was Ozen realy celebrating when a player is down?  Wow.  That's a no go if that's what realy happened.

It sure looked like it. The Nederland player took a hard clean hit and tried to stay on his feet. He walked for a couple of yards and then fell. The Ozen players looked back when he fell and two of them did their jumping high five (or was it that jumping chest bump). The refs saw it and went over to the Ozen players, I guess to warn them. I didn't know that Unsportsmanlike Conduct draws a warning but I guess it did in that case or maybe celebrating another player's injury is not unsportsmanlike by the rules. A PN-G player got flagged last week for doing way less than that.

The Ozen players looked back when he fell and two of them did their jumping high five (or was it that jumping chest bump).

Yea it was the chest bump, whoops!  ;D

But I was anticipating an unsportsman-like-conduct penalty, sitting and waiting for the flag as the ref just watched the celbrating, and did nothing about it. There were a roaring of boo's coming from the Nederland side and a couple of Ozen players turned to our side and started clapping.  >:(

It sure looked like it. The Nederland player took a hard clean hit and tried to stay on his feet. He walked for a couple of yards and then fell. The Ozen players looked back when he fell and two of them did their jumping high five (or was it that jumping chest bump). The refs saw it and went over to the Ozen players, I guess to warn them. I didn't know that Unsportsmanlike Conduct draws a warning but I guess it did in that case or maybe celebrating another player's injury is not unsportsmanlike by the rules. A PN-G player got flagged last week for doing way less than that.

Sorry TVC, I was right there and Brady took a forearm to the head. Nothing clean about the hit. It was malicious. Like you said, when he collapsed to the ground, two Ozen players did the high chest bump thingy-do-wop and the Ozen fans were even cheering. It made me want to puke. There is absolutely no place for violent attacks like that in football. He could have hit him clean and decked him. It's one of those plays where the receiver goes up and when he comes down, the safety is waiting for him...a la Ronnie Lott, but when you go to the head with your forearm, your intent is ot take someone out permanently by injury, not just making the play.

Sorry TVC, I was right there and Brady took a forearm to the head. Nothing clean about the hit. It was malicious. ...............

Okay. I am not saying that it wasn't an illegal hit but I wasn't going to accuse someone of something that I didn't see. Maybe I should have said... from my angle it looked like a good hit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami