*Buna 49 Hardin 32 Final/Comments*

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fridaynightfootball

congrats to buna.  even though you were out scored tonight hardin, this was a game certainly worth everyone's time who went.  it was great to see two teams pour their hearts and souls into a game that so many enjoy watching on friday nights. 

good luck to both of you for the remainder of the season.

Congrats Buna. Yall played a very good game.  Ran the ball well, and man...that O-line.  It ended up being a pretty good game, I know our (Hornet) recievers wish they had a couple of those passes back.  Two of them were for sure TDs, on drives we ended up not scoring on.  Not taking anything away from Buna though, good game and good luck against EC.  Should be a hell of game.

It was a good game. Buna came to play and im proud of the hornets for not getting their heads down. last year yall would have not wanted to finish the game. coach haynes has done a terrific job with yall kids. yall just keep fighting to win the rest of the games. i believe in yall, yall can do this. keep up the hard work. and just look at this game as a game that made yall a better football team. WAY TO GO HORNETS!!!!

Guest airitout123

It was a good game. Buna came to play and im proud of the hornets for not getting their heads down. last year yall would have not wanted to finish the game. coach haynes has done a terrific job with yall kids. yall just keep fighting to win the rest of the games. i believe in yall, yall can do this. keep up the hard work. and just look at this game as a game that made yall a better football team. WAY TO GO HORNETS!!!!

Thanks Joel Osteen

:D

Guest airitout123

What's wrong with being positive????   If you have to make fun of someone trying to be positive after a loss, you are a twisted person....

Lighten up Francis.  I was being facetious.

Congrats to Buna, they won. To these Hornets what a game to be proud of. I know it hurts to lose, but sometimes losing makes us find something more to give. There were a few things that could have be better and you guys know exactly what that was, so continue to get better. You still have two games to play. Everyone in Hardin is so very proud of this bunch of young men for there determination and drive and their closeness as a team. Teams stick together and help each other get better. Good luck next week Kountze are going to have their claws ready too. Go get-um Hornets.

buna went all out for homecoming. Brought in a young lady that had graduated from Buna last year to sing the national anthem, then during the rockets red glare they set off fireworks. Buna also put 25 second clocks in this week. What a great game, had to be the largest crowd ever in Buna. Hardin played tough the second half and made the Cougs fight to hold on to the win. Great job by both teams and the best ofluck the rest of the way. 

I told u chumps that Buna was gonna hold it down...Hardin got back into this one because Buna got bored...bring on EC...we r ready!!!

Coogs you have a great team but Hardin came out second half be for real no boredom seen.  Also alot of bad spots appears ref was form beaumont chapter.  Especially the offsides called agaist hardin in the first series.  But yoy beat hardin soundly.  Recievers from Hardin could not catch a cold Friday night.

Coogs you have a great team but Hardin came out second half be for real no boredom seen.  Also alot of bad spots appears ref was form beaumont chapter.  Especially the offsides called agaist hardin in the first series.  But yoy beat hardin soundly.   Recievers from Hardin could not catch a cold Friday night.

Yes, Buna does have a great team but I concur on the bad spotting by the refs.  We had a 4th down play in which our receiver caught the ball then went out of bounds.  His right foot went out before the left foot did and his right foot was past the 1st down marker.  I had an excellent view of that play and the ref went to where his left foot did, instead of the right.  That made it a turnover on downs for Hardin.  Yes, some of the passes the Hardin receivers should have been caught, but that would only have made it 500 yards passing instead of 422.  It was the run game that sputtered.

Coogs you have a great team but Hardin came out second half be for real no boredom seen.  Also alot of bad spots appears ref was form beaumont chapter.  Especially the offsides called agaist hardin in the first series.  But yoy beat hardin soundly.   Recievers from Hardin could not catch a cold Friday night.

Hey you want 2 talk about a bad call how bout that onside kick when it bounced off a hardin players helmet first 4 yards short.  Thats should have been a flag.

If you missed this game then you wasted your Friday night.  That stadium was rocking.  Buna has brand spankin new playclocks and a very nice logo on the 50.  There was a rumor that 4300 tickets were sold!!  The Buna side was so crowded that I sat on the Hardin side during the second half.  The Hardin fans should be proud of their team.  They played hard the entire game.  Their quarterback is great and I really don't think that their recievers were on their game.  They dropped alot of passes that really could have made this a different game.  The Buna o-line controlled the line of scrimmage and opened up holes that I think I could run through.  For Buna to beat EC they have to play 4 full quarters.  Props to Hardin for not giving up at halftime.

Good luck to Hardin the rest of the year.

Good luck to Buna against EC.

No offense to the Hornets...just wanted to point out that a lot of Hardin fans predicted victory...this game was not close...please don't blame officials...just admit you got beat and get ready for Kountze...good luck, their defense is solid.

I know we got beat and beat by the better team that night, and I am not blaming the officials as a whole, but some of the spotting could have been done better.  Of course, Hardin fans predicted victory because they are Hardin fans, not Buna fans. 

I know we got beat and beat by the better team that night, and I am not blaming the officials as a whole, but some of the spotting could have been done better.  Of course, Hardin fans predicted victory because they are Hardin fans, not Buna fans.   

It dont matter were it wuz spotted both sides got bad calls and both sides got bad spottings.  Buna won, Hardin is still a good team in my book though.

Yes, Buna does have a great team but I concur on the bad spotting by the refs.  We had a 4th down play in which our receiver caught the ball then went out of bounds.  His right foot went out before the left foot did and his right foot was past the 1st down marker.  I had an excellent view of that play and the ref went to where his left foot did, instead of the right.  That made it a turnover on downs for Hardin.

both of those calls were legit. a Hardin player on the line jumped and came inside and the Buna lineman moved to defend himself. That is a penalty for the defense. Look it up wherever u want. That catch was close but it doesn't matter where his foot is. the ball is spotted by where it is when the player steps out of bounds. the receiver had the ball in his left hand and it was on the inside of the first down marker. I'm pretty sure i had one of the best seats to see both of these plays.

both of those calls were legit. a Hardin player on the line jumped and came inside and the Buna lineman moved to defend himself. That is a penalty for the defense. Look it up wherever u want. That catch was close but it doesn't matter where his foot is. the ball is spotted by where it is when the player steps out of bounds. the receiver had the ball in his left hand and it was on the inside of the first down marker. I'm pretty sure i had one of the best seats to see both of these plays.

No, I have to disagree with you on that play b/c the player was holding the ball with both hands when his right foot went out past the 1st down marker (this was on the Hardin sideline) and he actually almost straddled the 1st down marker when the chain guy was a little late to drop it (like they are supposed to when a play comes that close to the sideline).  Now if he was holding it with both hands and almost straddled the marker, then it stands to reason that the ball should have been placed in the middle of the line demarcated by the 1st down marker (if your reasoning that the spot is determined by the ball and not the foot is correct) and it becomes 1st down Hardin.  I was almost directly across the track from that particular play.

But all that is moot, Buna won...I am not disputing that... I am not pleased with some of the calls/spots the officials made, especially in that case.  Due to bad spotting, it was a turnover on downs for Hardin since that was a 4th down play.  You never know...that might have been the turnaround Hardin needed to maybe make another score and pull out an incredible comeback... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder