Serious question for you Lumberton guys....

jake94

First off, I would like to give y'all props on an undefeated season thus far. Y'all seem to have a solid running game and a very stingy defense this season. My question for you guys is this.. Last season in the final game, Micah Mosley ran for 450 yards on your defense. What do you attribute the huge turnaround you guys have made on the defensive side of the ball this season to?

Are y'all running a new scheme?

Do you have a new coordinator?

Or is it just an extra year of experience now for the youngsters that were playing last season?

What is it in your opinion?

Guest maverick24

A few things in my opinion. You have a lot of new guys starting on D, These same guys worked very hard this offseason in a summer Track program to get faster and they all worked hard as group on weights and spent many hours on the practice field together with no coaches just working on schemes. I think a few of things that really helped was putting Hanna as a down lineman, Beard as LB, Duvall as DE to go along with a monster of a player Ward who is the only SR out of those mentioned.

But most of all I think they think they belong and they love that no one gave them Credit. No telling if these guys will make the playoffs but they feel like they belong there.

A few things in my opinion. You have a lot of new guys starting on D, These same guys worked very hard this offseason in a summer Track program to get faster and they all worked hard as group on weights and spent many hours on the practice field together with no coaches just working on schemes. I think a few of things that really helped was putting Hanna as a down lineman, Beard as LB, Duvall as DE to go along with a monster of a player Ward who is the only SR out of those mentioned.

But most of all I think they think they belong and they love that no one gave them Credit. No telling if these guys will make the playoffs but they feel like they belong there.

I think they will make the playoffs.imo

I have not heard much about the corners. Who are they and how good are they? Have y'all played against a good passing team?

Lumberton just has a great group of athletes that have been playing together and winning since Junior High.

This could be a possible scenario for the Raiders...

They get edged out at PN-G and play Nederland with one loss.

Nederland only losses to Dayton going into the last game with two losses.

PN-G is undefeated playing the one loss Broncos.

If Dayton beats PN-G then Nederland is in with a win over the Raiders and the Raiders are out.

I got a good feeling that the Nederland - Lumberton game will be an elimination game for one of those teams. 

Lumberton must win at least one of the games against mid county.

They have the team to do it, but if they make several offensive mistakes they could easily lose.

Guest maverick24

Belt, Bell, Hare, Carter, Wilkerson and sometimes Credeur all have good hands Swap in and out to stay fresh and I think Belt can run step for step with anyone and all are physical But the best thing they have going for them is the pressure the D line gets!

The change from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 was part of it.

Another part was putting some extremely quick guys on the D line.  Our #2 and #3 running backs start on the line.  These guys run 4.6 ish speed and are 6'2" are more.  The D line has put constant pressure causing havoc on both running and passing games.  This has allowed our backers and DB's to make some plays in addition to all the plays the lineman have made. 

The most important part was they learned how to tackle.  Last year we missed 20-30 tackles a game.  This year we usually finish the deal on first contact and EVERYBODY gets to the ball quickly. 

We need to be more disciplined to prevent the trick plays. 

PNG's offense will be a good test.  I think the raiders D holds the indians to 200-250 yards total offense.  Last year the indians gained 384 on us to our 230.     

Good post, raidernation. I do not think your prediction of 200-250 yards is unrealistic at all. I do think that PN-G will have to throw the ball some to win this game. They are perfectly capable of passing. Good QB in Tatum and three good WR's in Johnson, Doty, and Barnett. I wish I could make it to this game. It should be a great and intense game.

Lumberton just has a great group of athletes that have been playing together and winning since Junior High.

If Dayton beats PN-G then Nederland is in with a win over the Raiders and the Raiders are out.

I got a good feeling that the Nederland - Lumberton game will be an elimination game for one of those teams. 

They have the team to do it, but if they make several offensive mistakes they could easily lose.

All your feelings are wrapped around Dayton winning the District.  That shades every opinion you have.  I don't think you will grant it, but it is also very conceivable that Dayton could lose to both Nederland and PNG and be totally out of it.

Guest maverick24

Tatum is gettin more confident with every game esp with 20-30 yard passes, and he can take time as the O-line is keeping people off him long enough for him to get reads and his recievers to break open. The "D" does not miss tackles

I would think they should work on the 6 to 8 yard passes. I cant see any way unless the bus gets Hijacked by Ned fans scared we will win and show that they are the 3rd or 4th team in this District, that Tatum gets enough time to throw a 30 yr pass. I can gaurantee that tatum will get to know Ward,Beard,Hanna,Duvall,Speight and the rest of the Raiders very well.

Sorry Dayton will be playing PNG with 2 loses. You all have to come to Nederland this year and it's not MCM. MCM is a toss up every year, becuase of all of the emotion and 16,000 fans at the stadium. Dayton just might not make the playoffs this year. Think it will be Nederland, PNG and Lumberton going this year. Sorry Purple.

I would think they should work on the 6 to 8 yard passes. I cant see any way unless the bus gets Hijacked by Ned fans scared we will win and show that they are the 3rd or 4th team in this District, that Tatum gets enough time to throw a 30 yr pass. I can gaurantee that tatum will get to know Ward,Beard,Hanna,Duvall,Speight and the rest of the Raiders very well.

Delusions of grandeur...is that you charlie murphy?

DJ at Ned is far better and only got 1 sack on Mr Tatum, the "O" line is very, very protective of him and when you see him drop back like hes gonna pass you realize "oh crap there goes Wright, or Hemmings, or Tenzeno, or... i could go on 8)

And i can gaurantee thta Husey will get to know every one of our Defensive players very well as they introduce him to the turf quick, they get penetration an will drop him with little or no gain, the only thing weve shown we are susceptible too all year long is the pass

Guest maverick24

We are able to run 3 Dif. offensive schemes you never know what we will run. In Preseason we ran a Fb and HB Offense then the first play against Dayton we go 4 WR's and spread the D out. Against Vidor we were very plain. Against Central we ran some of all three. Png may see something they have never seen.

As far as the D's go I wont argue with anyone on that, Our D is very good Yalls seems to be OK. I do think yall matched up well with NED. But they can not run the ball like we can so I feel like we match up very good and have the advantage their. From what I see Yall don't throw often and are not that good Compared to Dayton so I see yall having a very hard time Running the ball. With all that said I think this will be a great game. Yall are at home and its H.C. I hear so That will have your young men excited. The big thing they have to remember is that Beating Ned last week will in no way help them this week. On a neutral field I see us blowing yall out at PNG I see it being a close game. I know its hard to accept but this group of young men are just better than in the past.

We are able to run 3 Dif. offensive schemes you never know what we will run. In Preseason we ran a Fb and HB Offense then the first play against Dayton we go 4 WR's and spread the D out. Against Vidor we were very plain. Against Central we ran some of all three. Png may see something they have never seen.

As far as the D's go I wont argue with anyone on that, Our D is very good Yalls seems to be OK. I do think yall matched up well with NED. But they can not run the ball like we can so I feel like we match up very good and have the advantage their. From what I see Yall don't throw often and are not that good Compared to Dayton so I see yall having a very hard time Running the ball. With all that said I think this will be a great game. Yall are at home and its H.C. I hear so That will have your young men excited. The big thing they have to remember is that Beating Ned last week will in no way help them this week. On a neutral field I see us blowing yall out at PNG I see it being a close game. I know its hard to accept but this group of young men are just better than in the past.

I think PN & G will suprise you boys from Lumberton. It's very hard to win at the REZ. You all will have to endure the Indians only and only song they know all night long, and they can be loud too, not as loud as us but loud. I juts hope they don't have a let down after beating us last week. I do think that Lumberton will be in the Playoffs along with PNG and Nederland.

You guys do realize you are not playing a 3A team this week right?

We know what we're up against but i don't think you guys do. 

I don't think its going to be as close as the predictions.  I think Lumberton has a better O, a better D and better special teams.  The only advantage i see PNG has is homefield. 

That's a motivator to the Raiders.  The Rez and the Pound are two places you love to leave with a "w" beacuse it doesn't happen often.       

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124