**West Brook 38 Lee 21 Final/Comments**

Guest Robert Plant

The reason they had so many false starts is because they tried to go with a lot of long counts and ended up messing themselves up in the process.  Read the article in the Baytown sun and Olin admits that it messed Lee up more than it hurt WB.

Lee stopped WB for the most part after WB got the quick 14 with 6 minutes to go in the first quarter.  After that, it was a kickoff return, a 50 yard screen on 3rd and long and a 4th down td pass on 4th and long.  There were no sustained drives after the 6 minute point of the first quarter for West Brook until the very last drive of the game basically when they converted the 4th and long deep in the 4th quarter.  The second and third quarters were a whitewash for West Brook's offense other than the 50 yard screen on 3rd and 12(not saying that this play doesn't count, because it certainly does).

All of the scores count.  Drives do not have to be sustained obviously, but West Brook was not able to consistently get first downs from midway through the first quarter until midway of the 4th quarter.

Lee had two chances inside WB's 10 that turned into fg's.  Lee had a Josh Jones catch of about 30 yards that was incorrectly ruled out of bounds that would have set up Lee very deep inside WB's territory on a drive where we ended up having to punt.

Look, I'm not saying that Lee should have won.  WB was the better team last night.  I'm just saying that WB did not in any such form run Lee off the field.  It was a close game that Lee COULD have won had they tightened up their performance a little bit.  Not that Lee SHOULD have won, but it was there for the taking if they make a few plays here and there.

It's possbile that another meeting the score could be reversed. Brook won that game and I would take them 4 out of 5 times. You can't sit there and talk about the what ifs and ref calls. The plays WB made are why they won the game. You could also say if WB's DBs looked up on just two passes to deflect the ball then this game is a complete blowout. Lee is a good team. It wasn't their night. Nothing more, nothing less!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westbrook is just good. Overall one of the top 3 or 4 teams in Region III. On defense they have a solid front 4 and good linebackers. Their secondary looked vulnerable but Lee's receivers made some fantastic plays. They all hit as hard as I've seen any team hit in the last 4 years of watching. As bad as this sounds, they may be better with just the one RB as he is considered one of the best JR RBs in the state and should be. Their passing game was simple enough, but with the running ability of their QB and RB they give themselves alot of one-on-one in the secondary.

31 points, but I was still impressed with Lee's defense. Even with of West Brook's weapons, Lee's defense contained them on most plays. Game should have been closer. Seems as though everyone plays their best game against Lee. West Brook had very few meaningful penalties and one turnover on a hail mary pass at the end of the half. A few breaks and maybe things go differently?

If Lee plays the same the rest of the year it will result in all wins and probably the top Div2 spot from 21-5A. Game had little significance as far as the playoffs are concerned.

Westbrook has a good chance of making the Regional final.

Oh, and at least Lee was able to get by Kingwood.  PAM fans should be suspended from ANY board until that is rectified.  They embarrassed the entire Triangle.   ;D

Brook averaged about 6 yards per carry.  Lee had 0.75 per carry.  The only chance Lee had was to throw short passes or hail maries(and they completed a couple)  I bet the Lee receivers aren't anxious to run those quick ins any time soon.  Those have to be some sore boys.

Guest Robert Plant

Westbrook is just good. Overall one of the top 3 or 4 teams in Region III. On defense they have a solid front 4 and good linebackers. Their secondary looked vulnerable but Lee's receivers made some fantastic plays. They all hit as hard as I've seen any team hit in the last 4 years of watching. As bad as this sounds, they may be better with just the one RB as he is considered one of the best JR RBs in the state and should be. Their passing game was simple enough, but with the running ability of their QB and RB they give themselves alot of one-on-one in the secondary.

31 points, but I was still impressed with Lee's defense. Even with of West Brook's weapons, Lee's defense contained them on most plays. Game should have been closer. Seems as though everyone plays their best game against Lee. West Brook had very few meaningful penalties and one turnover on a hail mary pass at the end of the half. A few breaks and maybe things go differently?

If Lee plays the same the rest of the year it will result in all wins and probably the top Div2 spot from 21-5A. Game had little significance as far as the playoffs are concerned.

Westbrook has a good chance of making the Regional final.

Oh, and at least Lee was able to get by Kingwood.  PAM fans should be suspended from ANY board until that is rectified.  They embarrassed the entire Triangle.   ;D

Well, maybe not the entire Triangle :o

patitan, keep up

I'm just giving my rebuttal to the guy that said Lee was overmatched.  Lee was not overmatched in any shape or form.  WB wins 4 of 5 against Lee, I would agree with that.

Again, I'm not saying that Lee shoulda, coulda, woulda won....

It was a fairly even matchup though, and I feel comfortable with the way Lee played.

Guest WBFan09

ATTENTION ALL LEE FANS...IT IS WEST_BROOK

not Westbrook...thank you

...been seeing it on 5atexasfootball.com as well just thought yall might want to know

Hey I never put it as one word.

And yeah I will be at the game next week on the visitor's side.  I wouldn't mind sitting with you as long as you aren't QUITE the antagonist in person as you are on here. 

if the titans were playing like they are supposed to,then i would be. i'm gonna get there late. probably showing up in work clothes,(no overalls and afro's with fat chuby faces  ;D lol) i think this one might be a close one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics