**West Brook 38 Lee 21 Final/Comments**

Rushing

Name                                         Att      Yds

Christine Michael                          21        155

Receiving

Name                                         Rec      Yds

Christine Michael                            2        74

WOW.....I figured it would be close to 200!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that WB goes to their stadium with a good memory and a bad attitude.  I stayed up very late last year to watch the Brook loose that game.  And one of the coaches at Channelview just might some-day be related to me and I need to have absolute bragging rights.  Get ready for WB to take no prisoners. I think i will put red bull in the water coolers --just to make sure.   :o

you do whatever you can to keep them amped up!!!

OK, i'm home now to make a more detailed post.

Michael is a man amongst boys out there.  He has the ability to twist and turn and drive his legs to get a lot more yards than your average back could get.  He's really slippery.  He also reversed field on one particular play that left the Ganders looking crazy.  That screen pass that he took to the house from 50 yards was a critical play.  I think Lee had the momentum at that point.  WB wasn't able to do much in the second quarter, and Lee had made a good stand at the beginning of the third there.  I was expecting a punt and then the possibility of a drive to tie the game.  That screen pass was a killer.

Thomas Bates from Lee laid a couple of bone-crunching hits.  Josh Jones for Lee delivered a couple of blows from his receiver position after he caught the ball.  #9 for West Brook(amongst others) laid the wood a few times too.  I was impressed with WB's defensive line.  They applied a lot of pressure.

WB did actually throw an int.  It was the next to last play of the first half.

Lee must have false started at least 6 times.  I think there were a couple more that could have been called too, but the refs gave the Ganders a break.

Overall, a well played game.  As was said a few posts before mine, there will be a lot of sore bodies tomorrow.  Both teams left it all out on the field.  WB was just too good for the Ganders tonight.

I went ahead and sat on the Lee side.  I was late in arriving.  I got off work at 6:05 and had to drive from Houston to BMT.  When I got there it was 7-7 already.

I appreciate the offer to save me a seat, but I get too upset when Lee starts losing to be sitting RIGHT next to some WB fans lol

LOL.....Lee's gonna do just fine the rest of the season. Should make the playoffs!

Offensively the brook is great.  But they are gonna have to stop the pass.  Everybody talks about the D but its only good on the line and the LB's.  That secondary is weak.  The lee qb was just chunking the ball up and his reveivers were coming down with it.  I mean literally he would chunk it to one corner then chunk it to the next.  I dont think he threw a single great pass.  Those receivers need alot of credit for keeping the game even asclose as it was.  WB won't go far unless they get better at stopping te pass.

Guest WBFan09

guys...did yall noticed how beat up we got out there..

saw a few guys go down for a bit....blake chavis is the major one

Falgout got knocked out of the game...it looked like Powdrill was limping off the track but i couldnt really tell

we gave it our all out there and we came out on top...congrats to Lee for never giving up you fought us to the end even tho the score doesnt reflect that...way to go guys

Guest WBFan09

im pretty sure WB only had tapes of the Ganders while with Jarvis Moore except for last week, but that wasnt a good game to get a read off of...too wet for anyone...WB seemed a little underprepared for the pass...i feel that it isnt anything the coaches cant fix...im happy with how it turned out and hope the coaches make corrections and adjustments

Offensively the brook is great.  But they are gonna have to stop the pass.  Everybody talks about the D but its only good on the line and the LB's.  That secondary is weak.  The lee qb was just chunking the ball up and his reveivers were coming down with it.  I mean literally he would chunk it to one corner then chunk it to the next.  I dont think he threw a single great pass.  Those receivers need alot of credit for keeping the game even asclose as it was.  WB won't go far unless they get better at stopping te pass.

the starting safety Jordan Garrett did not play tonight. He will be back next game/

Panama says it was just a couple of plays from being a close game.  Maybe, but Lee would have been blown out but for a couple of diving, long third down plays.  Lee's great "D" really had no chance to stop us.  And, they had lots of false starts, but, #10 was forcing the tackle to try to get up quick.  He was no match for #10's speed.  Good, hard hitting game, but I thought Lee looked overmatched.

They do have a pretty good short passing game though. 

brook, humble, lee........the rest of the district is pretty bad

slow your roll. humble haven't played anyone and have problems putting people under.they are very young. PAM is inconsistent yes,but by far are we worst than the rest. lee isn't good,humble isn't very good,but winning. brook is ahead of everyone else true. everyone else is about the same. it's going to be a possible repeat of last year for 21-5a

The reason they had so many false starts is because they tried to go with a lot of long counts and ended up messing themselves up in the process.  Read the article in the Baytown sun and Olin admits that it messed Lee up more than it hurt WB.

Lee stopped WB for the most part after WB got the quick 14 with 6 minutes to go in the first quarter.  After that, it was a kickoff return, a 50 yard screen on 3rd and long and a 4th down td pass on 4th and long.  There were no sustained drives after the 6 minute point of the first quarter for West Brook until the very last drive of the game basically when they converted the 4th and long deep in the 4th quarter.  The second and third quarters were a whitewash for West Brook's offense other than the 50 yard screen on 3rd and 12(not saying that this play doesn't count, because it certainly does).

All of the scores count.  Drives do not have to be sustained obviously, but West Brook was not able to consistently get first downs from midway through the first quarter until midway of the 4th quarter.

Lee had two chances inside WB's 10 that turned into fg's.  Lee had a Josh Jones catch of about 30 yards that was incorrectly ruled out of bounds that would have set up Lee very deep inside WB's territory on a drive where we ended up having to punt.

Look, I'm not saying that Lee should have won.  WB was the better team last night.  I'm just saying that WB did not in any such form run Lee off the field.  It was a close game that Lee COULD have won had they tightened up their performance a little bit.  Not that Lee SHOULD have won, but it was there for the taking if they make a few plays here and there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics