Vidor's Coaches Through The Years

This debate on the kids, the coaches and the community really needs to stop!  We need to get behind them and give them 110%-win or lose. 

I know it's frustrating to watch every Friday night, but there are some good plays that get pulled out of the bag to make it interesting.  We could at least root on those times and not harp on the mental mistakes or the coaching.

Matthews is still here.  I believe everything in life happens for a reason.  When God is finished with him at Vidor, then he will take him somewhere else.  Until then we need to be proud of where we come from, and like it or not support the man that took on this program.  The kids love him and he has been great for them.  Some of these kids get more love and attention from him than they do at home.  We need to thank him for caring because there aren't that many that do anymore.   

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This debate on the kids, the coaches and the community really needs to stop!  We need to get behind them and give them 110%-win or lose. 

I know it's frustrating to watch every Friday night, but there are some good plays that get pulled out of the bag to make it interesting.  We could at least root on those times and not harp on the mental mistakes or the coaching.

Matthews is still here.   I believe everything in life happens for a reason.  When God is finished with him at Vidor, then he will take him somewhere else.  Until then we need to be proud of where we come from, and like it or not support the man that took on this program.  The kids love him and he has been great for them.  Some of these kids get more love and attention from him than they do at home.  We need to thank him for caring because there aren't that many that do anymore.   

AMEN! 

Guest piratefaithful

Piratefan ,

I am disappointed in you..I figured you would have atleast a few comments on this subject all these people from other schools have had comments and you haven't said anything.?

I didnt know that he didnt get paid that much and his coaches dont get paid that much..I knew there was a high turnover rate but I didnt know it was that bad.

I would be curious to see what you have to say.

Piratefan ,

I am disappointed in you..I figured you would have atleast a few comments on this subject all these people from other schools have had comments and you haven't said anything.?

I didnt know that he didnt get paid that much and his coaches dont get paid that much..I knew there was a high turnover rate but I didnt know it was that bad.

See the other thread on "Matthews is the right man for the job"  Piratefan posted there.

Piratefan ,

Nobody pulled your chain Old Man.

Go get some popcorn and a coke, and go sit in the stands and holler at the coaches .

I been a "piratefan" since  I can remember and I will continue to be a piratefan.My thoughts are if you have a problem with the coaching go up there Saturday morning and knock on the coach's office ,see if you can watch film with them.Introduce yourself as"piratefaithful" and see what kind of response you get.

And dont bring my name in a post, if I want to comment I will comment.Every Friday night My son who is 8 gets excited about going to see the Pirates play.Win or lose he enjoys it and I am sure he dreams one day he might suit up to be a "Pirate".So win or lose we will be there and to me that is what Friday night's are about. A son and his father going to a game and watching there favorite team play.Win or lose the pirates and Jeff Mathews has my support.So "piratefaithful "you said you sit next to the band,well thats good because if you come to my end then you might get an earfull yourself

when i played for vidor, it was in 1967-1968. my coach was george boal. he was tough but a good coach. we always had a respectable team. his favorite quote was " HORSE HOCKY''  HAD A GRUFF VOICE. WE WERE ALWAYS SCARED OF HIM LOL. WISHED I KNEW WHERE HE WAS RIGHT NOW. BEEN A LONG TIME THOUGH. but, times have changed and my kids went to dayton. going to be hard friday night. but, been following my broncos for over 20 years now. one day , vidor will be a team to be reconed with.

Go get some popcorn and a coke, and go sit in the stands and holler at the coaches .

I been a "piratefan" since  I can remember and I will continue to be a piratefan.My thoughts are if you have a problem with the coaching go up there Saturday morning and knock on the coach's office ,see if you can watch film with them.Introduce yourself as"piratefaithful" and see what kind of response you get.

And dont bring my name in a post, if I want to comment I will comment.Every Friday night My son who is 8 gets excited about going to see the Pirates play.Win or lose he enjoys it and I am sure he dreams one day he might suit up to be a "Pirate".So win or lose we will be there and to me that is what Friday night's are about. A son and his father going to a game and watching there favorite team play.Win or lose the pirates and Jeff Mathews has my support.So "piratefaithful "you said you sit next to the band,well thats good because if you come to my end then you might get an earfull yourself

Oh...now wait a minute....does anyone smell something burning? 

HA HA ....you go Piratefan!! ;D

I got your back piratefan! We sit close enough together that I can pull him off of you if it gets to bad. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami