WO-S passing game

I by no means think we shouldn't attempt to pass the ball, but we definately don't have to go for the home run pass all the time. The shorter passes can be just as effective, which is what we have been doing. We have ran into problems when we have tried going for the long bomb down the field. I think you should try it every once in a while, but we can be more successful if we take what the defense gives us. The long passes will come in time. I think people think our offense is so far off talent wise because we don't score as quickly as we did last year, but we was working with a more experienced team last year. Give this team a little time, they will show that they can put up the points. I think if players concentrate a little more when the ball comes to them, more of the passes would be completed. Seems like we try to run before we catch the ball a lot of times.

I hear ya Tam and I agree. We also don't need to abandon the WR screen. I know there were many people bitching about it a while back. And no play is effective if used to much, but I don't think we should stop using it because it gets the ball into our skill players hands. Hopefully we will get back to it because I haven't seen it the last couple of games.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Joe Torre will be fired for not being able to win a championship with the most talent.  Sound familier?  Hint, Hint, Hooks, Hint, Hint.  Our passing games needs lots of work, because when we get passed the little league were in we will have to be able to throw and run.  However, since this working on the passing game is the most logical thing to do, I am sure that we will continue to run the ball like because we are able to do so against teams that cannot match up.  Whenever we line up against somebody that has similar talent and ANY coaching it will be a question of will the poor kids be able to overcome the lack of preparation and poor playcalling. 

P.S.  Come on td and 071904 run to your daddy's defense!!!

You know Joe Torre will be fired for not being able to win a championship with the most talent.  Sound familier?  Hint, Hint, Hooks, Hint, Hint.  Our passing games needs lots of work, because when we get passed the little league were in we will have to be able to throw and run.  However, since this working on the passing game is the most logical thing to do, I am sure that we will continue to run the ball like because we are able to do so against teams that cannot match up.  Whenever we line up against somebody that has similar talent and ANY coaching it will be a question of will the poor kids be able to overcome the lack of preparation and poor playcalling. 

::)

Call him what you want to. I've never met the man. However he seems to act like a man which is more than I can say for you. All you do is get on the internet and put someone down for doing his job. Of which, you have no idea if his calls areeven being used or not.

I do find it humorous that you compare the Yankees to the Mustangs. I'm as big of a Mustang supporter as you will find but they can't be compared to the Yankees.

Guest 071904

Mustang85,  you spend more time on here trying to antagonize than anyone else on the whole website.  I was not at the game last week.  I heard that there were a few dropped ball.  I have said before, if you can do a better job than Coach Hooks or the OC I bet you could apply for the positions.  I commend those kids and the coaches for doing what it took to win one of the most important games so far this year.  Everyone complained about the job the OC was doing until district started.  They have scored over 30 points the past few weeks and now, it is simply because they are playing lesser teams?  At the beginning of the season, they were not scoring because of the coaching.  Now they are scoring because it is lesser talent.  You are pathetic.  I guess you were one of the players on those teams in the 80's that did ot get to play??  AWWW you are upset.  Gosh, have you gotten your kids to 100% on their tests yet???  Mr. Negative.  You are like a nagging wife.  Enjoy the season!!!  They are just kids.  

Is that what happened to you on your first possession this past Saturday? I guess since they didn't score it was poor execution and not poor play calling! You were inside of the 5 and couldn't get the ball in. What happened?

Guest piratefaithful

Is that what happened to you on your first possession this past Saturday? I guess since they didn't score it was poor execution and not poor play calling! You were inside of the 5 and couldn't get the ball in. What happened?

;D

td, I guess that makes us not be able to score from inside the five from little league on up to the varsity.  Maybe we as little league coaches should try to stop simulating what the varsity is TRYING to do.  I know from know on when the ball is inside the one yard line, instead of snapping the ball six yards backwards, we will run the qb sneak.  Oh yeah, td feel free to pass that info along to your daddy.

td, I guess that makes us not be able to score from inside the five from little league on up to the varsity.  Maybe we as little league coaches should try to stop simulating what the varsity is TRYING to do.  I know from know on when the ball is inside the one yard line, instead of snapping the ball six yards backwards, we will run the qb sneak.  Oh yeah, td feel free to pass that info along to your daddy.

Just so you know my daddy has been dead for a few years now. My guess is they aren't taking advise from wanta be's.

Guest 071904

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME :o.  Little league, you are comparing your little league coaching to those men that have gone to college and studied the game?  Maybe the coaches of the Cowboys should resign after having 6 turnovers last night?  ROFLMAO.  No disrespect to little league coaches, ( I would never do it),but come on.  Mustang85, who died and made you the offensive guru.  You are questioning these men and you are just a wannabe.  There is no pressure in little league.  You get to stand in the huddle with the kids don't you? 

Fakestang 85, A REAL Mustang wouldnt be talking all that crap. I hope you know that all you are doing is making yourself look bad. Do you have anything better to do than be negative nancy?? People like you are the reason that some have chosen not to go to the games anymore. You are acting like a child. You must not have played, because you dont act like a winner. >:(

You are a sad, sad man.

The most successful hs coach in the area and we still have folks who think they know more.......sad.  I am definitely not a WOS fan, except when they play Kirbyville, but give the man respect.  He only has one of the highest winning percentages ever in Texas hs football along with a few state titles, but I suppose those are nothing compared to the 16th Street Championship. :-*

The most successful hs coach in the area and we still have folks who think they know more.......sad.  I am definitely not a WOS fan, except when they play Kirbyville, but give the man respect.  He only has one of the highest winning percentages ever in Texas hs football along with a few state titles, but I suppose those are nothing compared to the 16th Street Championship. :-*

Some people have never been outside their little box.

....at least a few understand reality.  Nothing worse than sitting in the stands by self proclaimed supercoaches.  Congrats on last week's win.

Thanks. I love to go to the games for entertainment and tradition. It makes me so mad when someone critisizes HS sports. Give me a break, its kids!!! I like to get into debates and discussions, but it makes it fun. I dont understand how some people get so enpahtuated in it. It seems to me, they are trying to re-live their past.

WOS has a winnig system that every year places them in the top AAA football powers in the state and "some" of the fans are not happy.  Make me wonder what would happend if and when they win 7 - 8 games a years for a few years - will they want to run the entire coaching staff out of town.

WOS should be supporting the coaches that have gotten the system where it is and the ones that keep it there.  As I have stated before the coaches will always know what their players can and will do better than any wanna be coaches in the stands.  The coaches obviously get the most from their players year to year than most other coaches in the area.

By the way was this not supposed to be "a rebuilding year" for WOS - I think the coaches and players both have stepped up and played to their best ability.

WOS has a winnig system that every year places them in the top AAA football powers in the state and "some" of the fans are not happy.  Make me wonder what would happend if and when they win 7 - 8 games a years for a few years - will they want to run the entire coaching staff out of town.

WOS should be supporting the coaches that have gotten the system where it is and the ones that keep it there.  As I have stated before the coaches will always know what their players can and will do better than any wanna be coaches in the stands.  The coaches obviously get the most from their players year to year than most other coaches in the area.

By the way was this not supposed to be "a rebuilding year" for WOS - I think the coaches and players both have stepped up and played to their best ability.

My point exactly! Look at us right now, who really thought we would be were we are? You have to thank the coaches. With the youth of our team, we are still dominate?? Two words,.... Coaching Staff! 8)

Off topic a bit but I was at the state bball tournament when Sutherland led Kountze to their first finals appearance.  I vividly remember a dominant Gaineville team beat Kountze.  Ignorant fans including a girls bball asst coach blasted Sutherland and called for his firing due to that loss.  I remember a petition at one point.  People want to know why Todd left?

When a program enjoys success at the level WOS has in football and Kountze has in bball the fans become spoiled.  On one hand we have a possible drastic change with the UIL on the horizon just so a few weaker schools can make the playoffs occassionally and on the other a perennial powerhouse that some folks get beside themselves when the don't make the semi-finals.  Crazy. :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami