My thoughts on Beaumont Central....

jake94

Good ball club. I am glad we jumped on them early. They played a sloppy first half, but looked much better in the 2nd half. Derrick Hall and Charles Thomas were the players that impressed me the most for them. The QB is not bad either and they have a couple WR's that looked good. Good all around speed, but the only guy that looked like he was on another level in my opinion was Hall. Other than him, I thought the Dogs players held their own and even won a few footraces. The Jags never quit and played a clean game. I was getting a little worried in the last 6 minutes. They had all the momentum. I look for them to bounce back and be a force in district. I will be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

Yes, I knew that it had to be up there. Whatever could go wrong seemed like it did. I was impressed that y'all never quit and played a great 2nd half. What did you think of the Dogs? We played a very good first half and looked pretty flat in the 2nd half. What did you think of our soph QB? I think he is going to be special.

I don't see us missing the Playoffs. But we will have to eliminate the mistakes. We definately can't have our seniors making those kind of mistakes in scoring position. But it's and positive that we were able to fight back, and make a game out of what was a posible slaughter. Nederland played their censored off. Man, yall didn't miss a beat from when I saw you in Reliant. Hats off to your squad. Good clean football. I'm proud of the way our kids didn't give up.

First cardinal sin of football....don't turn the ball over. If you turn the ball over to a bad team, they can beat you, turn it over to a great team, and the score can get lopsided really fast. Even though I was sick at home listening on the radio, I have to give kudos to the Central coaches and players for rallying the troups, as they say, and not giving up. I have seen many games where the other side just gave up and very obviously so.

I have to remind the Central folks about the game we lost to them 47-14 I think 2 or 3 years ago. Turnovers killed us then and Central capitalized on them just like we did last night. Las year our star player was hurt and I think he could have made a difference. We may not have won, but we would have made it closer IMO.

Good luck to Soulja and bcjag. You guys make it fun and know how to take it. It's just a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami