Vidor season tickets refund!!!

Guest piratefaithful

Could it be possible that you need to wish for the Vidor kid's to give the coaches a chance to win?  

I am no expert on Vidor football, but I would think after your track record, that you would be satisfied with having a coach that is a good man, a good role model, and one that helps mold your kids into good people.  That is what you have now.  Be careful for what you wish for.  

You could end up with a bad man, a bad role model, someone that does not help your kids become better members of society, and still lose.

I am sure that all these post or out of pure frustration. I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and the people that sit around me have been a long time to. Some may be posting on this board? There frustration comes from years back when we probably should have won more games with the teams we had and now that we are in a rebuilding year (8 soph starting) they dont like it.

Guest piratefaithful

rebuilding phase for 9 years? We should be satisfied with a coach that is a good guy??

how long would he last in Nederland,WOS,.look at the Beaumont coahces the past couple years..how long did they last? you say we should be used to it or happy that we win two or three games a year??Because thats the way it has always been? If we as parents ,fans,and community dont expect more then we are gonna get the same results.Why shold we accept losing year in and year out?Because it is Vidor?? No i am sorry ,it dont work like that .

Guest maverick24

I wish the Fans would back their team and trust me if you talk down the Coach the players will start buying into it.  I think yall have a good team so far you have played 2 of the 3 undefeated teams in district.  Keep your heads up and talk your kids and coaches up!! The Kids deserve that!!!  Trust me yall loved this guy a few years back and he didn't forget how to coach.  Good Luck Vidor the rest of the way!

rebuilding phase for 9 years? We should be satisfied with a coach that is a good guy??

how long would he last in Nederland,WOS,.look at the Beaumont coahces the past couple years..how long did they last? you say we should be used to it or happy that we win two or three games a year??Because thats the way it has always been? If we as parents ,fans,and community dont expect more then we are gonna get the same results.Why shold we accept losing year in and year out?Because it is Vidor?? No i am sorry ,it dont work like that .

guys we have played two pretty good teams the last two weeks.lest hold on and see what happens..I know there are people frustrated ,I am sure the coaches are frustrated also..lets try to stay positive

Piratefaithful,

I hope that when you're saying that you want a refund on your season tickets that you are just venting out of frustration with the coaching staff.  Everyone has some really down years.  PNG had them when we HAD to be in 5A and we've had them in 4A.  Nederland had them back in the 70's and early 80's losing 14 straight games to PNG.  I think Vidor's students deserve your support win or lose.  Keep the faith that it will get better, but don't ever give up your season tickets.

Just remember the reason you bought and have cheered the Pirates for 22 years isn't because of who the coach is, but for those kids who bust their butts everyday to get the opportunity to be a player on Friday night.  So keep buying your season tickets, because so many kids are out there on Friday night to perform for their fans and hopefully make lifelong memories.

I'm sure he is talking about the coaching staff. They got the same type talent Nederland, PNG, Lumberton has just poor coaching.

Guest piratefaithful

I'm sure he is talking about the coaching staff. They got the same type talent Nederland, PNG, Lumberton has just poor coaching.

thankyou..I support the kids..just time for a change..thats all..9 years is enough time.. I am sorry

I don't believe the coaches are the ones who fumble, drop passes, miss blocking assignments, or run the wrong routes.  Maybe they don't pass the ball too often because the QB can't throw or he has no receivers to catch the ball.  Maybe, Vidor is only as good as the players on the field.  Maybe. . .  just maybe . . .  they were taught wrong during POP warner football.

Hey guys we did play two darn good teams Matthews is a good coach I think our team is real young lets not jump off the ship yet.  Keep supporting your hometown Pirates!!

Good point. Vidor lost to two teams that are a combined 10-0.

Guest Tyrone27

I don't believe the coaches are the ones who fumble, drop passes, miss blocking assignments, or run the wrong routes.  Maybe they don't pass the ball too often because the QB can't throw or he has no receivers to catch the ball.  Maybe, Vidor is only as good as the players on the field.  Maybe. . .   just maybe . . .  they were taught wrong during POP warner football.

Vidor's receivers have dropped 12 passes in the last three games. The seniors easily defeated Lumberton in youth football. Sorry the kids are not the problem.

I don't believe the coaches are the ones who fumble, drop passes, miss blocking assignments, or run the wrong routes.  Maybe they don't pass the ball too often because the QB can't throw or he has no receivers to catch the ball.  Maybe, Vidor is only as good as the players on the field.  Maybe. . .   just maybe . . .  they were taught wrong during POP warner football.

Correct the coaches dont do these things but they keep allowing the same kids to do them. Maybe just maybe they were taught wrong at home to. Instead off telling him how well he did after he dropped balls ran wrong routes are didnt finish off a run. Point out mistakes offer advice on how to get better and teach them responsability dont lie and tell them how well the did when they really didnt.

Guest vidorpride

Vidor's receivers have dropped 12 passes in the last three games. The seniors easily defeated Lumberton in youth football. Sorry the kids are not the problem.

Come on, are you really going to base your opinion on youth football.  That is hillarious.

Sounds like a shot at a Pop warner coach to me? If it is theres a little difference between pop warner and high school. One of them gets paid for his sevices the other volunteers his. Which one do you think should be better?

This is typical. It easy to sit in your home and run down people. If your unhappy with the direction of the program, go to the school board and voice your concerns. If your this fed up, speak up. Sitting in your home and coming on a message board and calling for people's jobs, show's your a coward.

I'm sure this board was not meant to be a place for bashing coaches and players. These kids play the game for the game. These coaches put in long hours and more time than most know. And they do earn their salary.

Yes, things could be better and things could be done different. It easy to sit in the stands and coach.

Guest hootiehoo

Free tickets!!season ticket holder for 22 years..I have had enough!!

same ol same ol Vidor

Kind of ironic that this thread was posted by someone who calls themself the "Piratefaithful."  

Hey guys we did play two darn good teams Matthews is a good coach I think our team is real young lets not jump off the ship yet.  Keep supporting your hometown Pirates!!

Nederland and lumberton are good teams and I Do support the players! Its just time for a change! a new offense, a new defense scheme or something!

This is typical. It easy to sit in your home and run down people. If your unhappy with the direction of the program, go to the school board and voice your concerns. If your this fed up, speak up. Sitting in your home and coming on a message board and calling for people's jobs, show's your a coward.

I'm sure this board was not meant to be a place for bashing coaches and players. These kids play the game for the game. These coaches put in long hours and more time than most know. And they do earn their salary.

Yes, things could be better and things could be done different. It easy to sit in the stands and coach.

You sound like a pretty smart guy so you should know that alot of these things are posted out of frustration. It seems like the football program just cant get a break when they need one to get over the hump. Football fan in Vidor see basball doing well and the basketball team doing well and they just get frustrated that football cant get it going. Ive posted some things that I wished I would not have posted but sometimes spur of the moment takes over so I can see where there coming from. Coach Mathews knows for sure that being the head coach and ad he will be under the gun when seasons like this happen. Sad to say it comes with the job.

You sound like a pretty smart guy so you should know that alot of these things are posted out of frustration. It seems like the football program just cant get a break when they need one to get over the hump. Football fan in Vidor see basball doing well and the basketball team doing well and they just get frustrated that football cant get it going. Ive posted some things that I wished I would not have posted but sometimes spur of the moment takes over so I can see where there coming from. Coach Mathews knows for sure that being the head coach and ad he will be under the gun when seasons like this happen. Sad to say it comes with the job.

Yes, frustration came get the best of people. But I don't think this is the right place to be venting off. I agree, therer are things that can be done better. I just think we should stick to discussing the x's and o's of the game and leave the bashing to the players on the field.

As much as I hate to say this, guys it's not like Vidor has the tradition of being a power house football program. I think there are a few of you that need to get a degree (if you don't already), learn to spell, get teacher certified, & then get together and make a "Winning Football Team".  I call the GT my home, but I seriously doubt Vidor will ever be a place that attracts people across the state. Let's face it, you don't have a very good reputation across the state or country.  However, things have changes but the state (or country) haven't noticedit yet. Who would want this job with all of this negativity ? Why would someone want to come in here and Coach when he has to answer to this ? Lay off of Coach Matthews. Do you think he got dumb all of a sudden ? He probably doesn't have the talent he has had. I am sure if he had the talent (like you all say he has) he would be able to do great things again. It's easy to sit in the stands and gripe about not winning, etc... but until you are thrown into that role, you have no idea what it is like.  If what I said has offended you, you are probably one of the "coaches" I am talking about. Go and become a real coach.

This is ridiculous.  Just as I said to someone in another conversation......all a school board or superintendent really needs to do is go to (insert stadium here) and find section E, row 15, and talk to seat # 13 or #17.  I'm sure whoever this individual is surely must have more superior knowledge than any scrub coach possibly could.

Guest band of brothers

I'ts kind of funny how vidor was ready to ship lumberton off to reality last night, and now you guys are ready to ship off your season tickets?, maybe your stands could have been a little more occupied last night, you know maybe your coach and your team notices alot of empty seats?, I was standing right beside a family member of mine from vidor, and he commented on how empy your stands were. you guys are complaining about your coach when nobody wants to support the team. the next home game you have take a look and see if the visitors out number the home side, and then take a look at yourself.

I'ts kind of funny how vidor was ready to ship lumberton off to reality last night, and now you guys are ready to ship off your season tickets?, maybe your stands could have been a little more occupied last night, you know maybe your coach and your team notices alot of empty seats?, I was standing right beside a family member of mine from vidor, and he commented on how empy your stands were. you guys are complaining about your coach when nobody wants to support the team. the next home game you have take a look and see if the visitors out number the home side, and then take a look at yourself.

Don't make it sound like there were more people from Lumberton than there were from Vidor.

As much as I hate to say this, guys it's not like Vidor has the tradition of being a power house football program. I think there are a few of you that need to get a degree (if you don't already), learn to spell, get teacher certified, & then get together and make a "Winning Football Team".  I call the GT my home, but I seriously doubt Vidor will ever be a place that attracts people across the state. Let's face it, you don't have a very good reputation across the state or country.  However, things have changes but the state (or country) haven't noticedit yet. Who would want this job with all of this negativity ? Why would someone want to come in here and Coach when he has to answer to this ? Lay off of Coach Matthews. Do you think he got dumb all of a sudden ? He probably doesn't have the talent he has had. I am sure if he had the talent (like you all say he has) he would be able to do great things again. It's easy to sit in the stands and gripe about not winning, etc... but until you are thrown into that role, you have no idea what it is like.  If what I said has offended you, you are probably one of the "coaches" I am talking about. Go and become a real coach.

Before you mouth off about anyones spelling or grammer proof read your own post before posting. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami