Why is Buna the only team doged on for running up the score?

Red Wasp

When you put in your reserve players when you have a big lead are you supposed to tell them to take it easy on the other team? No , if a team is letting 2nd and 3rd string players score on them it is there own fault it is not running up the score

I think it would be wrong of Buna to keep in their first stringers in and to win by 40+. Your only wanting a safe lead when you get ahead by 40. After that the second stringers need to go in, and like you said, you dont tell them to take it easy on the other team and let them score a few. and if you even have to, switch some players to different spots and let them see how they can handle it.

There is nothing wrong with what Buna has done though. Good job to them.

I'm from HD and I have nothing but respect for Buna and their staff. They were beating us 42-0 at halftime and I guarantee they could have hung 80 on us with their dominating line. They kept alot of their starters in, but also played alot of reserves in the 4th quarter. They were running base vanilla plays for the most part and not tryin to run it up. They even kicked a field goal on 3rd down when they got the ball down to the 1 yard line. They kept their starting defense in from what I observed, but hey they were shooting for a shutout, so I understand that.

I'm of the opinion if you dont' want the score ran up on you, improve your team. HD will go back to the drawing board and look to put 50 up on Buna next year!!! ;D

Buna did not try an onside kick if you had been there and seen the velocity that ball came off his foot with , you would have known that WA HOO missed his kick.that ball ricocheted off the runback teams helmet like a bullet,  COACHES showed lots of CLASS @ the end of this game.

I don't think it was running the score up that a few people were upset with, as much as it was kicking an on-side in the fourth, up by 40. But people have to realize that some coaches like to practice things like that when the game is in hand.

I was not at the game but I highly doubt that Buna did that on purpose. I know the caoches and they are class acts!

raidernation you sure should stay out of conversations that do not concern you. If you would have attended the game you would have seen that the ball was miss hit as the kicker from Buna kicked the ball. The ball bounced of the head of the Anahuac player at about 100 mph. Buna would never run the score up on anyone, besides 2 years agao when Buna was getting the crap beat out of them NO ONE said anything about the other school scoring. (INCLUDING BUNA FANS).

I heard a caller on 560am discussing the classless behavior of your coaches.  If it wasn't an onside kick then why try to score?  You ever heard of kneeling the ball?

As for staying out of the conversation, the question was asked so i gave my opinion.  That's what this forum is for!!  Do you think i like the things being said about the Raiders and my son who is one of the skilled players for Lumberton.  Absolutely NOT!!!  But this is a open forum and we are all free to voice our opinion. 

If you have a problem with it talk to your coach.  He is the one running up the score, not me. 

If you don't like it you can find me at every Raider game to say something about it.  I am the balding fat guy that likes to support my Raiders.

We have been up 28-0, 35-0, and 41-0 at half of each of our first three games.  We called the dogs off and played 2nd, 3rd and even 4th string players the rest of the game.  We could have scored 70-80 points in each of those games but that's not good to have the opposing kids HUMULIATED like that. 

If Buna makes the playoffs i hope they face Newton.  Coach B will get a little redemption for his son....   

Maybe I can put this running up the score nonsense to rest once and for all. Buna has four backs that average over 10 yds a carry.

That's right the back up fb and tb average more than ten yards a carry.

IN the second half of every game this year Buna have put in a back up offensive line. If the backs are still good enough to score with a back up line in front of them, then whose fault is that? It's definitely not Buna's

The supposed onside kick was a squib kickthat just never got more than six feet off the ground that hit an Anahuac frontline player in the facemask.

Buna finished the game with a first down on the 2 yard line and then kneeled the ball three times to finish the game. Boy that really sounds like running up the score doesn't it

Finally I have not seen a single complaint from any of the teams Buna has played, only from a bunch of whiners who were not involved in any way.

Classy post, by the way, Raidernation. Do you always challenge someone to fight on a forum you yourself said everyone has a right to freely express their opinion.

Later

Raidernation. The "onside kick" which we have all ready covered, led to Buna kneeling the ball from the 2 yard line. The person that called in was a wife of an Anahuac coach, who was upset because they believed that the score would be closer. I do not blam her for being upset but that was far from the truth. If Buna ran up the score, why did the Anahuac coaches not say anything about it. As far as a "Classless Act" why is scoring 48 classless.  Buna has been on the other end and Buna has exspected our kids to learn from a loss and not worry about what someone else does. Anahuac played hard and played with class. Congrats to Lumberton and I hope you guys can get in the playoffs for the first time in school history.

OK!  This will be my last post on this topic.

I didn't challenge anybody to a fight.  Bobcat55 singled me out so i was returning the favor...  Not a big deal!

As a Raider fan we have experienced our share of lopsided scores over the years.  Some of those are the result of Coach's taking advantage of a weak team and trying to humiliate the opposing team including players, coachs, town, fans, etc...

How many points scored has nothing to do with an act being considered "classless".  It's all about intent.     

I agree!  Kids have to learn from wins and losses. 

And what did the Buna kids learn from scoring that one additional touchdown?  How to kick dirt in the opponents face when they are laying on the ground beat like a step child?  Now that's is a good lesson for them to learn as they mature. 

Just because both our teams have had the scores run up on us doesn't mean we should do the same to other teams. 

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to Buna the rest of the season.  That is not an easy district with EC, deweyville, and Hardin. 

I heard a caller on 560am discussing the classless behavior of your coaches.  If it wasn't an onside kick then why try to score?  You ever heard of kneeling the ball?

As for staying out of the conversation, the question was asked so i gave my opinion.  That's what this forum is for!!  Do you think i like the things being said about the Raiders and my son who is one of the skilled players for Lumberton.  Absolutely NOT!!!  But this is a open forum and we are all free to voice our opinion. 

If you have a problem with it talk to your coach.  He is the one running up the score, not me. 

If you don't like it you can find me at every Raider game to say something about it.  I am the balding fat guy that likes to support my Raiders.

We have been up 28-0, 35-0, and 41-0 at half of each of our first three games.  We called the dogs off and played 2nd, 3rd and even 4th string players the rest of the game.  We could have scored 70-80 points in each of those games but that's not good to have the opposing kids HUMULIATED like that. 

If Buna makes the playoffs i hope they face Newton.  Coach B will get a little redemption for his son....     

OK...I believe the facts have been stated on this thread about what we, Buna, did during this last game.

If we say, "Oh we could have ran the score way up" then we are attacked for being arrogant.

If we say we had our "2nd & 3rd string in" then you want them to lay down and do nothing!

It seems that whatever we say there is an attack on our kids and coaching staff!

I can promise our kids and staff work their butts off every week just as most teams do.

Our coaches not only have class but integrity and character that they past on to our kids. They don't just have these attributes on the field but in the classroom as well!

I am a graduate of Lumberton..I was an athlete as well as a varsity cheerleader. I have and always will have Raider Pride! I could not be more happy concerning the wins that Lumberton is having right now, however your comments concerning our team and staff is completely unfounded!!!

GOOD LUCK RAIDERS! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!!!

GOOD LUCK COUGARS! WE LOVE YA!

p.s. this is one of those seasons where I wish I could be in 2 places at 1 time!

Just last year we were fed a 42-3 loss by coach B. but coach B. is also a class act as are the coogs and our coaches, this was a game decided by a fantastic special teams force which caused 4 fumbles in a row that were recovered by the coogs, the panthers played ball they were just plagued by turnovers and i am sure jr B. wiill be working hard on this , and good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami