**Silsbee 42 OF 0 Final/Comments**

KFDM COOP

It got ugly pretty quick.  OF looks very young and didn't have much depth.  They have a couple kids who just wouldn't quit and made a few big stops.  OF just couldn't get any real offense going.  It was late before they even crossed the 50 I believe.  Silsbee came out in more of a spread/shotgun offense that paid big dividends.  They also rotated 2 qbs in different formations.  Big confidence booster for a young Silsbee squad heading into district.  Good luck OF.

Guest tigersvoice

Congratulations, Tigers - it was a good win!

Orangefield has a small team.  Both small in numbers and small in size.  They gave all that they had but their defense was really tired in the fourth quarter.  The Bobcat offense came out a bit inspired for the second half reeling off two or three first downs in succession.  I think those were the FIRST first downs of the game the Cats.  Then penalties interfered with the progress and Orangefield seemed not to get "it" back for the rest of the game.

Silsbee showed a kind of new wrinkle in this game.  For several series in the second half Chris Castle was in the deep QB position and was very effective running out of that formation.  This is not the first time that we have seen this scheme this year but it is the most that the Tigers have used it this year.  With Castle in the QB position Jeremy Johnson was usually decoyed in the slot position of split out wider as a receiver.  It will be interesting to see what develops with this formation.  

Next the Tigers travel to Bridge City.  We will be there with the webcast Tigers.

We wish Orangefield good fortune the rest of the season.

Yes, it was a bit different to watch last night. Silsbee ran out of the spread offense the entire night other than 2 or 3 downs when the lined up in the veer. I think going to the spread enables the Tigers to utilize more of their talent at their skill positions. The qb Johnson seems to be better suited for the spread and is more of a threat running the ball using the zone read plays. Also he is able to pass more efficiently and get the ball to his talented and speedy recievers in Harris and Willis. The new little wrinkle by putting rb Castle in shotgun and direct snapping to him just adds to the flavor of the offense. Kind of reminds you of Arkansas and what they do with Darrin McFaddin. We only had 2 fumbles last night, both on handoff exchanges, but the Tigers were able to recover them both. One of those was when the second string qb was in. Silsbee did have one interception though, but having only one turnover is an improvement. I see the offense getting better and better as the season goes on.

The defense played their best game last night. Orangefield only crossed the 50 yard line two times, never really coming close to having any scoring opportunity. Silsbee's size and mostly speed on defense was just too much for the Bobcats. I beleive the defense is starting to come around and play better football. We are still young in some key positions on defense, but those guys are beginning to grow up.

All in all, it was a good win to start district. Silsbee will have to play better as they get deep into district play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83