Former Local Coach In Trouble

KFDM COOP

Man, I can't believe that. Coach Gamble took Deweyville to thier first two Bi-district play-off games back in 80 and 82. He was much younger back then, I think only in second or third year of coaching, and although I was only in the seventh grade, I remember him as a real tough guy and would work you to death in the weight room, and on the field.He went on to coach @ Little Cypress (where I think he got into some trouble) and then had a long spell @ Alto, and took them to several state championships.

Guest ECBucFan

Well I hope he gets out of that jam.

Why? Being a "coach" does not make you exempt from laws. Nor should being an athelete, politician or celebrity. Wrong is still wrong.

Why? Being a "coach" does not make you exempt from laws. Nor should being an athelete, politician or celebrity. Wrong is still wrong.

Wrong is wrong. Getting out of a jam doesn't mean he beat the rap however. Maybe ndn09 wants him to get out of a jam because he is innocent.

"The assistant coach was arrested by Marlin police at gun point, for driving under the influence and possession of a deadly weapon."

That don't sound innocent to me.

Obviously the District Attorney wants you on the permanent jury list. If the cops arrested him, he is guilty.

Not to mention the fact that there is no such crime in Texas as "Possession of a Deadly Weapon" as reported in the news article. I guess if you don't know the answer, you just make it up.

Guest ECBucFan

Obviously the District Attorney wants you on the permanent jury list. If the cops arrested him, he is guilty.

Not to mention the fact that there is no such crime in Texas as "Possession of a Deadly Weapon" as reported in the news article. I guess if you don't know the answer, you just make it up.

DUI is scientifically measured. You don't "make it up". Drunk AND packin' heat is a BAAAAD combo, don't you think? I think the criminal defense lawyers want you permanently...

DUI is scientifically measured. You don't "make it up". Drunk AND packin' heat is a BAAAAD combo, don't you think? I think the criminal defense lawyers want you permanently...

Well, if I had mentioned DUI then your response might make some sense. I said there was no such law in Texas as Possession of a Deadly Weapon. I will overlook that fact that there is no DUI in Texas either but assume that the reporter meant DWI. Like I said, if the reporters don't know the answer, they will make it up.

I could care less if the guy goes to jail for life. If he did the crime, he can do the time. Anyone that sees a report in the media and believes that the reports is all facts in the case is likely mistaken.

Man, I can't believe that. Coach Gamble took Deweyville to thier first two Bi-district play-off games back in 80 and 82. He was much younger back then, I think only in second or third year of coaching, and although I was only in the seventh grade, I remember him as a real tough guy and would work you to death in the weight room, and on the field.He went on to coach @ Little Cypress (where I think he got into some trouble) and then had a long spell @ Alto, and took them to several state championships.

they never won a state championship with him as the coach thier first was last year.

Obviously news release are not always accurate. Gamble was arrested for DWI, not DUI. Driving under the influence is only for minors, not adults. He apparently has a history of family violence and hopefully will get the help he needs this time. I am not putting blame on him because there is always more to the story than we see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami