Traveling Fans?

Guest Kelly Football

Look at the records for attendance in the state of Texas.

PNG is in almost half of the top 10 attended games, including the largest ever attended game in US history (50,000 in the 1977 state game).

You wonder why PNG and Nederland were asked to play in Reliant?

One reason is Reliant knew they would bring a substational fan base.

Guest maverick24

I agree Mid County travels a lot of fans. Lumberton use to be bad but over the  past two years that has changed, we have many more but probably not as many as M C teams.

BH does bring a lot of fans, but PNG brings the house, regardless of records.  Even in Baseball, they always have a large crowd.  Man, all that Purple..... :o

Someone mentioned Katy, well YES they are in a league of their owwn when it comes to fan support.  Kind of like a Bridge City game on Steroids.....freaking RED everywhere.  :o

BH does bring a lot of fans, but PNG brings the house, regardless of records.  Even in Baseball, they always have a large crowd.  Man, all that Purple..... :o

Someone mentioned Katy, well YES they are in a league of their owwn when it comes to fan support.  Kind of like a Bridge City game on Steroids.....freaking RED everywhere.   :o

Lived in Katy for a couple of years and my wife taught at Katy HS. They have more fan support than anyone around here. Alot of it has to do with the large influx of people in that area, it's just incredible. It's a sea of red. For 4A I would say PNG and Nederland. I don't know much on the small classification schools.

This is just a thought, Port Neches has about 14,000 people and Groves has about 17,000 people. A third of Groves goes to Port Arthur schools. Therefore, there are only about 28,000 people that live in PNG ISD boundaries. In conclusion, there are people that graduated from PNG that live out of the area that still support PNG and come football season they drive in from all parts of Texas and further. That's why PNG TRADITION is so big and we are proud of it. Name another one besides maybe Nederland that comes close.  Think of the cities population and then the number of people that attend the games, it's incredible.

Lincoln used to bring 'em out football or basketball!

Lincoln's football crowd was dismal for several years. That was especially during the last few teams of Joe Washington. I saw some games there where they didn't have 100 fans on the home side.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124