Deweyville @ Burkeville predictions?

D-villefan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude steelerczy are you seriously getting this upset ::)?  The preseason schedule of deweyvilles isn't going to prepare them for EC or Buna ect. :'(, and if they pull out of district to go to the play-offs (which they might or might not) then they really wont be prepared to go to deep.  That isn't knocking the team or you or the coach or the town or little bobby the water boy ;D, that is just the truth, and sure their schedule got them to the playoffs last year but how far did they go? :-X  I was there it was one (FREEZING COLD :'( (i'm speaking only of the weather not the actual playing)) round. With that said, LeTs Go PiRaTeS!!!  :o  (i really do hope they do well)

Not mad or upset, just stating the facts, thanks for the support.

I thought this thread was about Dville and Bville? Not a bashing or getting upset thread. Whsalum did not start anything, and I would like to see Bickham schedule better teams for next year. We have always played these teams, but some new faces that would prepare them for the playoffs would be nice. He needs to keep Vinton and Evadale, because they have been on there for a long time and would be sad to see the rivalary continue. The district race will be interesting. And Dville by how many points Bickham wants to score.

Topic is Predictions!

Deweyville  42

Burkeville    12

My original post was a prediction Dville by 50+.I just added a comment that was my opinion.I was at Deweyville and Warren's game last year and didn't leave with a bit of resentment,it was a great high school game.The most evenly matched I saw all year.I wasn't downing the Dville players just happen to think they would have gotten a little more this year out of a tougher schedule.I go to a lot of high school games in all sports so I'm not pickin on the pirates just voicing a different opinion.Deweyville may very well get the 3rd playoff spot in 24aa I don't know.I do know that Justin Williams was in a class that doesn't have a real big roll call when it comes to running backs.

Burkville is terrible this year...Deweyville by 28.  It's easy to talk about getting larger classification schools to play in predistrict but unless the smaller school has the reputation and ability to make it a game, most larger school won't play.  I do however feel that when a program is starting to turn around and the kids are LEARNING to win, stronger and bigger teams need to be played.  Small, weak teams build confidence and larger, stronger schools make you better and ready for the playoffs.  

Some interesting thoughts on this board, and like I said earlier, Orangefield would have been a good preseason choice, and now I read that it was scheduled, and they backed out. That does not surprize me, for the fact that some 3a schools might not want to show weakness in pre-season by loosing to a smaller school. You have to remember that these games must be agreed upon by BOTH teams. And to respond to the earlier statement about there being some 2a schools not in this district close by, the only two I can think of would be Shelbyville, who is picked last in their district by everyone ,and maybe San Augustine, who I really know nothing about, because as far as I know Deweyville has never played them. Dont really think that these two  would be a great help to them either way. Deweyville's defence shuts down a weaker Burkville team this week: I predict. 42-0

I thought this thread was about Dville and Bville? Not a bashing or getting upset thread. Whsalum did not start anything, and I would like to see Bickham schedule better teams for next year. We have always played these teams, but some new faces that would prepare them for the playoffs would be nice. He needs to keep Vinton and Evadale, because they have been on there for a long time and would be sad to see the rivalary continue. The district race will be interesting. And Dville by how many points Bickham wants to score.

No one said WHalum started anything RHino, just stating some opinions that's all, as far as the schedule goes, just play the games on them, let the Deweyville Coaches prepare the kids they way they see fit.  Like a prior post stated, it takes 2 teams to agree on playing.

Guest uknowit2

You're right Clsof87Pirate...I'm sure the Staff, Players and Fans at OF were shaking in their boots of the thought of scheduling Deweyville.

Head Coach: Asst. Smith, GET IN HERE NOW!

Smith: Yes Sir, what's the matter?

HC: Are you the one responsible for scheduling the 'Might Deweyville Pirates'? We'll get killed - We won't have any players left to finish the season.

Smith: But sir, I tried...But all the small 1A schools were already booked up on Deweyville's schedule and I had no choice but to add the 'Might Deweyville Pirates'.

HC: I don't care how you do it but get them replaced...Maybe add a weak team from their district...Like EC or Buna...

I'm sure OF would trade EC and Buna with a tilt with DV...At least then they would have a win...

Some interesting thoughts on this board, and like I said earlier, Orangefield would have been a good preseason choice, and now I read that it was scheduled, and they backed out. That does not surprize me, for the fact that some 3a schools might not want to show weakness in pre-season by loosing to a smaller school. You have to remember that these games must be agreed upon by BOTH teams. And to respond to the earlier statement about there being some 2a schools not in this district close by, the only two I can think of would be Shelbyville, who is picked last in their district by everyone ,and maybe San Augustine, who I really know nothing about, because as far as I know Deweyville has never played them. Dont really think that these two  would be a great help to them either way. Deweyville's defence shuts down a weaker Burkville team this week: I predict. 42-0

Newton, Woodville, Hemphill, just to name a few.

You're right Clsof87Pirate...I'm sure the Staff, Players and Fans at OF were shaking in their boots of the thought of scheduling Deweyville.

Head Coach: Asst. Smith, GET IN HERE NOW!

Smith: Yes Sir, what's the matter?

HC: Are you the one responsible for scheduling the 'Might Deweyville Pirates'? We'll get killed - We won't have any players left to finish the season.

Smith: But sir, I tried...But all the small 1A schools were already booked up on Deweyville's schedule and I had no choice but to add the 'Might Deweyville Pirates'.

HC: I don't care how you do it but get them replaced...Maybe add a weak team from their district...Like EC or Buna...

I'm sure OF would trade EC and Buna with a tilt with DV...At least then they would have a win...

I'm not so sure that Orangefield could beat anyone in district 24AA.  :D :D :D :D

To clear up a few things taken out of context. I never said Orang field was scared of playing Deweyville. I made a broad statement that 3a schools do not want to show weakness by playing 2a teams in preseason, unless it is a scrimage type game. For instance does anyone look at Hampsire Fannett in the same way after a pretty good loss to East Chambers last week. It's really a lose-lose situation for the 3a team, cause if they win everyone says you just beat a 2a school, and if they lose, they drop in respect, especially in their own district.And as far as Deweyville scheduling a preseason game with Newton or Hemphill, no way; who do you think we would face in the first round of play-offs?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder