Is Lumberton good????or the opponents just not that good........

Guest football09

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

Besides myself and Raiderpride has any of you seen the 2007 Raiders play not the 2006 but the 2007 Raiders? I heard last week how BC was a better school than NewCaney and they would score and keep it close, well that didnt happen so now all of the sudden BC is a horrible school. Come on play EC and Kirbyville Silsbee? We scrimmaged Silsbee they were nothing to brag about. Like I said we have to win to get respect But I wonder why there are so many HATERS out there that dont want Lumberton to win. You Dont see Lumberton people on here wishing other teams would lose or picking there predistrict schedule apart. We know we have to prove we are good on the field why dont the haters just sit back and watch the whole season and then hate on us if we are not better. I dont see Lumberton people on here saying we will win district just others saying how we wont. I am not sure we can beat Dayton but I expect it to be closer than last year, which by the way no one else beat them last year either! So unless you have seen the 2007 raiders hold your thoughts on how good or bad they are!!

Ill say Lumberton is a good team because I covered its game tonight and watched them. BC may be young but the Raiders are a good football team. Many returning starters and these guys can play. I wont say they will make the playoffs just yet but I will be far from surprised if they do.

One thing you can not replicate in practice is speed.

The teams Lumberton are playing are good, but they lack overall speed like they will see when Dayton, Central, and even Ozen play them.

Last year in Dayton's last game against Texas City, they were like a 1/2 step faster than most of the competition we played in district and it took us too long to adjust.  When Lumberton plays Dayton in 2 weeks, they will have to face the fact that at least 6 out of 7 of the fastest players on the field will be on the Broncos sideline.  If they can't adjust to that it will be like what happened last year.  Not saying the slower team can't win, you just have to be able to adjust to the quicker team.  It looks like Lumberton is much better this year, we will just have to see how their players compete against much quicker competition.

I have watched Lumberton for many years, and I have seen them play this year. They are a much improved team! I do not remember a time when I seen the defense make so many stops for zero or negative yards. The defense has definitely improved ALOT. The Raiders also have some speed. The draw backs that I see is the Raiders look small on both sides of the ball. But they are also a very scrappy bunch, they WILL put a hat on you. The other thing I did not like too much was the amount of penaltys the Raiders had last night. Entirely too many!! Sometimes I thought the referees may be trying to help out BC a bit (this was just my opinion).

I do not think they are ready for a district Championship yet but they will definitely not be a push over as in years past.

On another note concerning the Lumberton-BC game last night the second and third teams were on the field for much of the second half and the coaches were not trying to run the score up. It could have been ALOT worse.

Scoring summary

LUM -- Anthony Beard 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 08:20, 1st.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 34-yard pass to Aaron Credeur. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 11:52, 2nd.

LUM -- Anthony Beard 73-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 08:24, 2nd.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 38-yard pass to Aaron Credeur. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 07:17, 2nd.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 45-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 06:12, 2nd.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 64-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 07:14, 3rd.

BRC -- Jason Breaux 52-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Jared Raggio ), 08:56, 4th.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 80-yard kickoff return. PAT Kick ( Jonathon Bell ), 08:42, 4th.

Team Stats

Bridge City      Lumberton

Total yards                            142              444

First downs                              11                17

Rushes/Yds                          23/52          40/341

Average rush                          2.26              8.53

Comp/Atts                            12/35              6/9

Pass yards                              90                103 

Punts                                    5                  0

Punting Yards                        147                0

Punting Average                    29.4                0

Fumbles/Lost                          1/1                3/1

Penalties-yards                      5-35            10-90

Is Lumberton good????or the opponents just not that good........ 

Yes to both of those questions!  Lumberton is that good and our opponents thus far are both having down years. 

The biggest difference in the '06 Raiders and '07 Raiders is DEFENSE!!!!  We knew we had a good offense coming into the season but defense was a big question.

Here's a few interesting stats:

Offense:

avg 7.5 yards per carry

avg 20 yards per catch

QB has a 154 passer rating

Defense

Total Yards       '06        '07

New Caney        230        71

BC                   354        142

If we can continue to play good defense throughout district we will be where we need to be in weeks 9 and 10. 

For those of us that were at the games last year know that we were in every game in the 4th quarter with the exception of Dayton and Nederland.  This team will win some of those close games. 

Good luck Raiders!  Continue to improve and prepare for one of the toughest district schedules in the state.

[glow=red,2,300]"TURN IT LOOSE"[/glow]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics