**Carthage 26 at Kirbyville 27 Final/Comments**

Guest EagleFan01

Lets see I went to this game because I got off late and couldn't make the Newton game. Kirbyville got a little help at the end, Carthage got a TD called back on a hold that wasn't a hold and that would have put Carthage up by 11 late in the 4th and then they got a pass interference call on them when Kville was driving down the field late in the game that wasn't interference but hey that is the way things go sometimes right.... But other than that it was a pretty good game with alot of great plays..

Honestly, how do you know that they were not penalties, instant replay?  The likelihood of you actually seeing where the hold occured on a TD run is slim to none.  Sometimes they happen behind a play and 99% of spectators will be watching the ballcarrier not everyone blocking unlike the officials.  Not saying you are wrong... but penalties happen.

Lets see I went to this game because I got off late and couldn't make the Newton game. Kirbyville got a little help at the end, Carthage got a TD called back on a hold that wasn't a hold and that would have put Carthage up by 11 late in the 4th and then they got a pass interference call on them when Kville was driving down the field late in the game that wasn't interference but hey that is the way things go sometimes right.... But other than that it was a pretty good game with alot of great plays..

Man, gone on with that. We Beat Carthage fair and square. I can't wait to hear that story when Newton play them.

Kirbyville also had a questionable TD that was ruled down at the one yard mark.  The back looked like he crossed the plane.  Great game from both teams.  Kirbyville's new scoreboard with the video screen looked great!! Not bad for a small 3A school. 

Thanks man! I think we deserve it. We should be going 2A next year though.

Congratulations to the Coaches and the Players!  Way to battle til the end!  The Wildcat Express definitely got a workout in that game.  The JumboTron looked great and the sound system was loud and clear.  Kirbyville needs to thank all the sponsors that made that project possible. Wildcat Pride!!! :)

Guest tigersvoice

I had Carthage picked by 10 - 14 points.  I previously said that if Kirbyville won I would be on their band wagon for the rest of the season (except against Silsbee, of course).  Congratulations Kirbyville on a significant win AND move over Balla - let me get my seat on your wagon.

I was at the game and it was a great one.  On the holding call against Carthage I was on the 40 yard line on kville side and was watching the ball carrier and saw the flag out of the corner of my eye.  Who knows?  As for the pass interference call it was correct!  The DB never looked back for the ball and was face guarding while he ran into Musgrove before the ball got to him!  Correct call because it was right in front of me!  I was shocked at the size of Carthage!  Twice as many players with good size and just as much speed as kville.  This indeed was a HUGE win for the boys.  It will definately help them come dictrict!  As I said before!  Kville in a CLOSE one!  Still need to work on a few things but nothing major.  Prayers out to #80 Crawford!  He had a horrible leg injury!  Air cast and had to be taken out by Ambulance!  It was very nasty!!!  Congrats to the boys on a great win and the passion they played with!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83