**LaMarque 19 PN-G 0 Final/Comments**

PNG Proud, you are right.  PNG played a very tough game.  Both teams showed signs of first game jitters and first game mistakes due to learning a new offense. I had the pleasure of being at the loading dock under Reliant Stadium loading up my video/audio equipment.  The rain was unstoppable. Both teams were also loading up equipment in that area and the players were mulling around eating pizza and sandwiches provided by both teams. You could sense the respect both teams had for each other.  No trash talk, each team even offered to share a meal with the other.  I was offered help by a PNG player, who I think was the center for PNG.  Massive young man who was a pure gentleman.  They spotted my '06 championship ring.  I took it off and handed it to them to look at.  Nothing but positive comments were spoken from the PNG players.  This my friend is what makes La Marque stronger as the season goes along. Playing teams of the caliper of PNG with a rich tradition and having never quit till the clock struck 00:00.

My hats off to you PNG,  you have a good group of young men that I respect, because they are a class act.

Great post!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys chill out. PNG defense looked impressive. #2 for LM killed them on a couple big plays. I just got back from the game. The game was closer than the score. LM defense was good as well. PNG killed themselves with penalties. I'm proud of PNG, they showed up to play defense. The offense is going to be question mark I think.

You're right, the game was much closer than the score indicates.

Just a few post game comments......I believe the comments after last years Nederland game were simular to earlier posts on this thread...." Coogs didn't impress me, etc etc" however a State championship remains impressive.....Also, many of you have overlooked LM penalties that removed them from PNG's TWO yard and FIVE yard line. Best to be objective guys.............. In an earlier post I ststed that LM was smallish and learning a new system...how fast do you want them to learn? I would say sometime around the second playoff game of which I think they will be 9 and 2. At that time let the chips fall to the best team. Where will PNG be then?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn