Whos the team to beat in '08?

Guest TPX

ok lets end the roebuck conversation right now haha cause he is one of my close friends and unless he is having out of body experience  then he is going to HJ because i have seen him in the halls and in off season baseball so that conversation is ended .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BC boy 17

Has Bridge City received some new students this year that can help the baseball team in the future?

Im really not sure.....the sophomore class of this year has a couple good players. Now if im not mistaken the freshman class doesn't have much. But i know that select team called the Big Red Machine has a bunch of good players.....ought to be pretty good when they get in H.S.

The players mentioned in my previous post are those that played all or part of the season for their schools 2007 Varsity Team. 

At catcher for Nederland: Samuel Rodahl(Jr.) was the starter for JV prior to Terracina(Jr.) moving down to get more playing time.  He did a pretty good job.  Shae Campbell(Senior) has also played catcher on JV the last two years.  Taylor Trahan(Soph.) and Jackson Broussard(Soph.) played on the Sophomore/Freshman Team.  There also is a Freshman named Babineaux who looks to be a pretty good catcher for the future.  Terracina is the only one with Varsity experience.

I was told, there's a player name of Roebuck(Senior) that is an outfielder that has moved into the NISD from HJ.  He played for MCBR 18 Yr. Old Tournament Team and is supposed to be solid.  If he plays he could compete for the third outfield spot.       

Ive seen all these guys play, and Trahan is probably the best one right now. Babino will be in the long run, but a position change may happen due to his speed.

• 3 weeks later...

But we (HJ) also beat yall last year

Yes you did, but Treece can not come back and pitch for you anymore. If I remember right, we handled you fairly easily at your park against your other pitchers. Don't get me wrong, you have a good team, but everyone is assuming that Jasper will be down this year. I don't think so.

Yes you did, but Treece can not come back and pitch for you anymore. If I remember right, we handled you fairly easily at your park against your other pitchers. Don't get me wrong, you have a good team, but everyone is assuming that Jasper will be down this year. I don't think so.

i dont i know that jasper is the team to beat this year but silsbee hj hf and bc are teams to beat as well so its fair game

• 4 weeks later...

Barbers hill is definatly the team to beat in 21-4a with all 4 starting pitchers returning they may have the best pitching staff in the state

We definatly have the best pitching staff around here.  We also have acouple of very good hitters coming back.  Ponder who batted .449 with 9 bombs and 48 RBI's.  They also have Hales coming back who was red hot all season last year.  We are definatly the tean to beat this year

BHWartHog..

Love your enthusiam....Obviously, you got to play the games. But top 20...I think we are definately in the  mix. Pray for health, happiness, and harmony. Fill a couple of open positions ( I believe we can )...we may not go to Round Rock..then again we may. That said, gonna be a very exciting season @ BH. Check to PM's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83