Best Shooter In the Area

Paul Sims from Warren is a pure shooter.He is very consistant and had 1 game this summer where he had 9 -3's.Also shot 82% from the free throw line last year.

Tyler Copeland from West Hardin is another that can really light it up from behind the arc.

Jarvis Bernard from HJ shoots it real well also.

JCovan and Tramain are great scorers but neither are pure shooters.

Lots of small school kids out there this year that can shoot it.

Paul and Matt are probalbly the two purist shooters in the area. Paul shoots around 40% from beyond the arc.  Matt is deadly 12ft and in and can shoot over most anyone.  There are some better scorers (Thomas,Brown etc.) around but give these two a shot and it done.  I must add Copeland in the shooters mix as well.  Being from a small school does limit their exposure  However, being in the district with Kountze and EC will help with that.  Last year Kountze had 4 move on to the next level, pretty good I'd say.  FYI ,Paul and Matt are graduates of the Leland Hand shooters school.

Paul Sims of Warren, and Tyler Copeland of West Hardin get my votes. Look for Sims to light it up for 30 plus several times this season with the shooting touch he has. His teammate Matt Andrews is not too shabby either.  He has different range, but still very accurate, and like Sims, is capable of having a big scoring night.

Here's my top three in order:

1. Copeland (WH)

2. Copeland (WH)

3. Copeland (WH)

Thread closed.

He would definately be in my top 3.Not sure I would give him all 3 spots though  ;) ;) ;)He probably should think about moving down 105 this year.Got to watch him a lot this summer and seems like a great kid.Looks like a rough year at WH this year though.

If he or she can "play" they would be better off in the largest school in the largest market with the best coach.   We made a mistake with our daughter by not taking an opportunity for her to play for a private school.  She played 2A and ended up going Juco.

Is Paul Sims any kin to Coach Sims at HJ???

Yep, it's her nephew, she was a real hooper.I hear she was glad when the bottom came out of the peach basket  ;D ;D ;D Just kidding the lady was the best women's player I ever saw in a time when the womens game wasn't getting the press it gets now.A lot of todays players owe some of those ladies for bringing the sport to it's current level.Coach Sims,Coach Cruz-WH,Rosetta(her sister)not sure where she is now and Jimmie Daniels(another WH grad) they could all play.

Sims can certainly bust the open 3 ,but the biggest improvement to his game the last 2 years has been off the dribble.Kid is 6'3" and can pull up and shoot it over lots of folks.Also went to the line over 100 times last year and hit 82% of his free throws so a lot of his shots were in traffic.He and Copeland are both in keeping with the topic "pure shooters" with excellent form.Jackson is a scorer but doesn't have a pure shooters touch.He is a solid ballplayer though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83