Writing the pine.........

Clay Buchholz/Lumberton......

Another Great performance from Clay and another tough ND in the books.......August 6th 07.... He goes 7 innings, gives up one earned run, on 4 hits.  In those seven he struck out nine batters which he has now done in two consecutive outings......Something else he did in two straight games was not allow a single walk.  So far in 5 starts for AAA Pawtucket his 0-1 record does not do justice to his mound performance.........i know he would like a few more W's but the 25.1 innings and 39 strikeouts speaks volumes........Keep throwing strikes Clay!!!

Chip Ambres/Westbrook........

His trip up was short, he had 3 at bats and one hit.........but how many, around here, can say they had a walk off RBI in the majors (what a great moment)....

Back at it with the AAA New Orleans Zephyrs Chip post's a .308 ave in his last 10 games even as late as yesterday he went 2 for 4........Great Job Chip!!

Lew Ford/Port Neches-Groves.........

Not a great week for Lew as he was opted back down to AAA Rochester for some fine tuning.........He's 1 for 7 in his two games back with the Red Wings......let's hope he finds 'the loop' and comes back as "sweet Lew"!!  Good Luck Lew!!

Jay "Bruce Allmighty"......../Westbrook

The best cleshay to use for Jay right now is "He ain't going down with out a fight!!"  I think his quote was something like..."My job is to make it as hard as possible for them to send me back down...."  So far so good for the AAA Bats....28 games and a .307 average, 7 long-balls, 2 trips, and 5 dubs.......14 of his 31 hits for extra bases.......wow  not mentioning in his last 10 games alone he's hitting .351 and has hit safely in all but two of those ten.........Gota love the nick name already........BRUCE ALLMIGHTY!!!!!

Jason Tyner/Westbrook.........

Say hey, say Home run??  Jason on July 28 was holding the streak for the most AB's for an active player without a Home run.....that was until his 2 for 4 performance against the Cleveland Indians......1221 AB's  the dugout looked like he had just won the seventh game of the World Series..........

He's having a slow start to the new month but at the end of July he was hitting .291........so we hope there's another hump in the roller coaster........Keep swingin' JT!!!!

Micah Hoffpauir.......(Lamar)

Those "red bird" fans might remember him at LU but I remember him when he was a runt.....so I thought I would add him in......AAA Iowa Cubs and he's been there all season batting .319 in 82 games smacking 40 of his 99 hits for extra bases....... GO MICAH!!!

Derrick Gordon/Westbrook.............

For the A Kane County Cougars, Derrick is getting it done.......His efforts just yesterday got him his 3rd win, as a reliever, he came in to pitch 2.1 innings striking out 5 batters!!! In 24 outings Derrick is maintaining a 1.98 era and has 44 k's in 41 innings pitched........Way to Go Derrick!!!

Collin DeLome/Buna...........

Class A Tri-City Vally Cats outfielder is having an impressive run.......as of right now he's batting .290 in 42 games.  He tore it up in June batting .429 in 11 games and also posted 9 rbi's.  In the early days of August he's on another high right now batting .304 in 7 games.........Keep swingin' Collin......The Astros need some help!!.....lol

Cody Strait/Hardin-Jefferson...............

WOW.....what a difference a month makes......lets hope every month starts out like August for Cody.........in his last 8 games for A Sarasota, Cody is batting .375 scored 9 runs and drove in 7.....In his 12 hit's this month 5 have been 2b's, 2 for 3b's, and 2 left the yard......that's 9 extra base hits out of his last 12....just yesterday Cody went 2 for 5 with a double and a triple, scored 2 runs, and had an rbi.  On August the 5th Cody was a HR away from the cycle as he went 3 for 5 scoring 3 times.......NICE......VERY NICE!!!

Kyle Stutes/Port Neches-Groves...........

Right now Kyle is spending time with AA San Antonio and seems to be settling in.  Averaging about one inning per outing he has a 2.89 era with 8 k's in 9.1 innings in 10 mound trips........In the month of July he went to the  mound 6 times threw 5 innings and aloud 0 runs, striking out 4 batters........Keep it up Kyle!!!!

Brian Sanches/Nederland..........

AAA Ottawa his home for the moment.  In his last 10 outings he's has two bad ones but 8 other good ones......In his last 13.2 innings pitched he's struck out 9 batters with only 2 walks............Keep working we want to see you back in that MLB uni!!!

Jesse Floyd/Nederland............

AA New Britain Rock Cats pitcher in his last 10 outings is averaging about 5 innings a trip............He's been as good as it gets in 5 of those ten only to come up with 4 ND's and 1 victory.....the other 5 did not fair so well but that's pitching........Keep having good days Jesse........

John Patterson/West Orange-Stark........

A Potomac Nationals pitcher back after being on the DL has 2 outings pitched 5.1 innings.  After rehab stats mean very little early, just get better so we can see you back in Washington!!!

Ben Broussard/Hardin-Jefferson.............

In 67 games Ben has boasted a .295 ave.  On the 29th of July He went 2 for 2 with a HR and 3 rbi's.  The next day he drove in his 300th career Rbi could see full time tonight being 3 for 6 with a Hr in his career vs Cabrera (Bal)...............Go Ben Go!!!

William Delage/nederland...............

Still looking for his first win of the 2007 season, for the A Mahoning Valley Scrappers, after 6 starts and 7 trips to the mound, but has put up 22 k's in his 24.1 innings.  Had a real good game on July the 8th going 4 innings walking 2 and striking out 7..............Good Luck William

Allen Harrington/Port Neches-Groves...............

A Fort Wayne pitcher has had great success this year.  In his last 10 outings alone he's pitched 18 SCORELESS innings striking out 24 batters......overall era this year is 1.78 in 30.1 innings pitched............Go Allen!!!

Aaron Odom/Lumberton...............

For the Orioles Rookie club Aaron has a 1 and 2 record, but the other numbers are looking better........19.2 innings, 1.83 era, and 21 k's.  In his one win Aaron went 6 innings struck out 7 gave up 5 hits and no runs.........Keeps going this way the GCL wont be home for long!!!

Casey Beck/Woodville..............

Rookie ball for the Danville Braves has pitched in 6 games, 7.2 innings and struck out 12 batters and has a 3.52 era.........Good Start!!!

Chad Beck/Woodville.............

A South Bend has pitched in 24 games, thrown 39 innings, struck out 33 batters and has 3.92 era...........one of his better outings was on July 3rd when he pitched 2.2 innings striking out 4 batters...............Nice work!!!

Brandon Richey/Hardin-Jefferson...........

Kingsport Mets rookie ball tore threw the month of July in 18 games he batted .291.  he had 4 2b's and 2 HR's with 14 rbi's in the same month......August average is down but in the 9 game Brandon has played this month he has a hit in 7 of them...........Good Luck Brandon!!!!

Homer Bailey/LaGrange.............

Currently Homer is on the 40 man roster for the Reds.  He has 6 major league starts combining for 28.1 innings with 15 k's.  Homer walked 22 in that span but does have a 2 and 2 record.  His last outing for Cincy was a good one on july the 7th, 5 innings 5k's one earned run but on July the 8th he ws optioned back to the AAA Bats.  Homer has had two outings in Louisville since then that resulted in 2 loses although his overall record for the Bats holds at 6 and 3............

Heath Totten/Port Neches-Groves/Kelly...............

AAA Ottawa Lynx pitcher has struggled as of late going 1 and 5 in his last 6 starts.  In 33 innings he's given up 49 hits and 26 runs with only 11 K's.  In July Heath was optioned down to AA Reading.  He's started in 9 games and has a 2 and 5 record.........

Derek Blacksher/Bridge City................

GCL Marlins rookie league pitcher has done very well in his last 10 mound trips.  3 wins and 1 loss and 5 saves, pitching 12.2 innings, striking out 16 batters.  His era during that stretch is 0.71..........Outstanding!!!

Aaron Thompson/Kelly..................

As a pitcher for the A Jupiter Hammerheads, Aaron is another local star that seems to to be struggling with run support when he pitches good.  In his last 10 trips to the mound he's left the game with 5 ND's and one win......A few tough ones like:  7.1 innings, 7k's and one earned run to pick up one of his four recent loses:  6.2 innings, 4 k's, 3 earned runs for an ND:  4.2 Innings, only one earned run and gets another ND:  7.0 innings, 6k's no walks and no earned runs fro yet another ND........His one win in this last stretch was a 10k performance, just one walk in 7 innings..........Overall his era is at 3.83 in 17 games and 16 starts.  Aaron has 72 k's in 94 innings of work.....60 runs have scored while Arron has taken the mound yet only 40 of them have been earned......Keep up your end Aaron, your doing great!!!!

Tyler Reves.........../LC-M

For the A Winston-Salem Warthogs, Tyler might not be as productive as his '06 season so far but he's making up ground here in August.  Tyler is batting .286 this month as well as posting a .300 average in his last 10 games.  In his last 9 games with a plate appearance Tyler has hit safely in 8 of them........Keep swingin' Tyler

Chris Buechner........../LC-M

Chris, as of Jun 26th 2007, has been on the DL.....As of August the 4th, Chris has finished his rehab and has been recalled to the Rockies Rookie League Casper's.  Before his Rehab Chris was 1-1 with a 5.19 era, and a save.  Also 17 k's in 17.1 innings.......Good Luck on the comeback Chris!!!

Beau Hale.........../LC-M

March 30th, Beau was assigned to the AA Bowie Baycats.  On June 9th, Beau was put on the DL, then activated again, July the 1st.  For the second time in two months, Beau was back on the DL, for shoulder soreness, on the 19th of July.  With all of that, Beau has managed a winning record at 6 wins 5 loses in 15 starts.  71.2 innings of work with 44 k's and a 5.15 era......Good Luck on the recovery Beau!!!!

Brad Sullivan............../Nederland

Injury's seem to be the key word for Brad in the past couple of years and as of right now, on the DL is his status.  In April of this year Brad took the mound in 5 games for the A Stockton Ports.  Before being on the DL brad had only tossed 7 innings giving up 5 runs and striking out 4 batters........Hope to see you Back Brad!!!

NONONONO.........not even in the same category...........no way i could wear those expensive shoes!!!!... ;D......lol......lol...... ;D......

It was simply this......I love the game had some time.......and was also curious about some local players I know.  I was excited about seeing them do so well and got even more excited looking at how ALL of our local talent is fairing.........I did try to be as positive as possible even while some guys are going through some hard times....I tried to find what they have done good and post it the best i could.......

I AM NO MIF04!!!!........besides....from January to June I'm very Judgmental!!! lol

But when I have time I would love to post what ever I can find........These kids deserve for us to keep them alive in Southeast Texas........this is a big planet when your away from home...........And If I've missed a few just give me names and I'll look them up..........like I said I'm no MIF04!!!  But I do love baseball!!!

Guest coachhooker

great post good to see the local players updated but i am not from around here so can anyone fill in the names with local high schools for me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder