PN-G Going To The Spread!!!!!

Guest Indian Chief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone from Silsbee was telling me if Silsbee ever went to the spread they would really be dangerous with the athletes they have.

Aggies' might need to correct me since I was in the service still, but I believe they ran the spread back in the late 90's and were pretty successful with it.

I heard they were a little lighter on the bodyweight back then. 

Silsbee has been on a streak with pretty good size players the last few years

and I think that works real well into an I-Formation/Veer running game.

Still learning the X's and O's myself,  I hope I have learned a bit.... ;)

I think PNG's move will be a good one, not so much for the team, but more for the community and fans. I would get tired of all those toss rights and toss lefts and a counter here and there with an occasional first down too.

Who know? Maybe it will work out for them. At any rate, good luck Indians on a successful season (except against Nederland). ;D

I think the spread can work for both Mid-County teams, but I do not think it will be the exclusive offense for either team. I think both will show the spread at times but not all the time. I think a lot of the reason for teams moving to the spread is seeing what teams like SLC and some others have done with it. They play several teams each season with more speed than them and more athletes, but it seems to work well for them.

I also will have to see all of this supposed PN-G speed to believe it. Where were all of these world class sprinters last season?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder