Coaches Cussing

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZzzZzzZ

Yall act like a pee wee coach is cussing out the little kids

Coaches cussing in HIGH SCHOOL will not affect the players character because most players these days cuss..

This isnt the 60's people..

You just proved my point. Times have most definitely changed... ::)

Cussing is not coaching or being intense.Jimmy Johnson said if you yell all the time,when the time comes when you really need to yell to make a point the player will just think old coach is just yelling again.But if you only yell when a player really needs it, he knows you are serious. If a coach walks around cussing everyday,players soon tune him out,but if Dungy lets one out I bet his players know he means business.By the way I have never had a coach tell me if you want to be a great coach, learn to cuss.Also the only way you can say 90% of all coaches cuss is to know 90% of all coaches in the country,most coaches I know rarely cuss around the kids.

If a coach walks around cussing everyday,players soon tune him out

The players will soon get benched.. 

You guys are making scenarios about coaches that cuss non stop, which isnt even an issue!!

By the way I have never had a coach tell me if you want to be a great coach, learn to cuss.

This is totally irrelevant.

The coach didn't tell you that if you want to be a great coach you shouldn't cuss, so do you assume not cussing makes you a great coach?

I know of  kid that goes to school in the midwest that if you swear they fine you. He got caught holding a girls hand and they rung him up and really got in trouble with same girl in his car after dust hanging out. I am a good old Baptist but a little over the top.

OLD being the key word here.  Hey back in the day Jasper had some strick rules...no long hair, meaning no hair showing out of the bottom of the helment, no facial hair. girls couldnt wear pants with back pocketsm and I don't remember to much cussing going around.  I dont swear around my children.  I would  hope that the coaches would take the same attitude about it.  some do some dont. doesnt matter if its the 60's or not.  but hey it the parents let the kids cuss at them or around them I guess its ok for the coach to do the same thing.  thats why there is very little respect now a days for any adult JMO

wos08, You pro cussing guys are the ones who are acting like you can't coach without it.By the way I didn't mean the player would tune out the coaches instructions, I meant that the cussing would lose it's effectiveness.I'm a coach and I don't need it,if you do,fine.

wos08, You pro cussing guys are the ones who are acting like you can't coach without it.

You know what.. yall are right.

Any coach who cusses clearly has no character and doesnt show respect for his athletes, even though they cuss.

They are bad men.

You know what.. yall are right.

Any coach who cusses clearly has no character and doesnt show respect for his athletes, even though they cuss.

They are bad men.

We're not saying they're bad men at all. We just don't think there's a good reason to do it. It's disrespectful to some of us and it's not something we'd prefer to hear by those who we answer to...whether it be a coach, boss, or even a parent. The fact that cursing is more accepted in today's society than it used to be doesn't make it right...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder