21-4A

This district never gets talked about much on the forum, mainly due to distance and the teams being more Greater Houston Area oriented. 

Last year, several of the teams had great seasons; this year, only Hargrave has a winning record heading into the last week of round 1 of district play. Probably the best game of the week will be Tarkington at Hargrave on Friday for first place

Current district standings:

Hargrave 3-0

Tarkington 3-0

Livingston 1-2

Shepherd 1-2

Liberty 1-2

Splendora 0-3

Hargrave will probably be champs again. 

The winner of tonight's Shepherd @ Livingston game still has a shot at second place but will have to beat a much improved Tarkington team in the second round and a possible seeding game.

We'll have a better picture after Friday. 

Huffman seems to be on par with Silsbee and HJ, while Livingston, Tarkington, Shepherd would make for interesting matchups, depending on final seeding vs 22-4A. 22-4A is the better district, but I think we'll split bi-district 2-2 and the berth to Huntsville being a toss up between our district champions. 

The likeliest scenario is that the winner of 21 will meet the winner of 22 in the third round.  That will be a very good game.  I'm going to miss the first two rounds travelling but I'll be back for that one.

La Marque has gone all the way up to No. 4.  That's very interesting.  By that standard the best game in our Region playoffs will be La Marque vs. Yates in the third round.  Wouldn't it be something if Yates got knocked off?  Everybody in Region 3 will be looking at that match up.

Silsbee lost to Marque by only two early in the season when the Tigers were very very short handed.  La Marque was shorthanded also because of football but not as much as the Tigers.  That's the game where Bush scored 64.

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

This district never gets talked about much on the forum, mainly due to distance and the teams being more Greater Houston Area oriented. 

Last year, several of the teams had great seasons; this year, only Hargrave has a winning record heading into the last week of round 1 of district play. Probably the best game of the week will be Tarkington at Hargrave on Friday for first place

Current district standings:

Hargrave 3-0

Tarkington 3-0

Livingston 1-2

Shepherd 1-2

Liberty 1-2

Splendora 0-3

Hargrave will probably be champs again. 

The winner of tonight's Shepherd @ Livingston game still has a shot at second place but will have to beat a much improved Tarkington team in the second round and a possible seeding game.

We'll have a better picture after Friday. 

Huffman seems to be on par with Silsbee and HJ, while Livingston, Tarkington, Shepherd would make for interesting matchups, depending on final seeding vs 22-4A. 22-4A is the better district, but I think we'll split bi-district 2-2 and the berth to Huntsville being a toss up between our district champions. 

I predict 22-4A to go 3-1. Huffman will win their game against whoever is the 4 seed.

I have seen every team in district 21-4A play except Splendora. I just don't see Livingston, Shepherd, Liberty or Tarkington beating Silsbee, HJ, LCM, WO-S, Lumberton or Hamshire-Fannett. I mean Tarkington just recently (within the last month) lost to Lumberton who is currently sitting 5th in 22-4A.

21-4A is 6-11 against teams from district 21-4A this season. Huffman has 4 of those wins (Shepherd and Liberty have 1 each). None of the teams have played Silsbee and none of the wins are against HJ.

As for the berth to regionals, I'll take Silsbee and HJ over Huffman. Not a toss up.

I was looking at Tarkington’s record yesterday because I was surprised at them being undefeated in district. I think it’s more of the rest of the district being down than the Longhorns being much improved. Huffman will be dangerous in the playoffs because they won’t beat themselves. They will shoot it very well and not turn it over , if they get you in a possession game they are scary. 

Livingston gut stomped WOS and gave East Chambers a game. But then they got beat by Hampshire Fanette, who I'm glad to see is much improved. Outside of Huffman, everyone of these teams is wildly inconsistent. Silsbee and HJ win their games handily but depending on who's number 2 and 3 and how they're feeling that night, a split is possible. 

If we played a bi district tournament, only Huffman would be in the gold bracket and 21-4a would be making up most of the bronze bracket.

But in a one game scenerio, I like my chances at a split. But I wouldn't put more than a Florida's kitchen rib special on it!