Best Returning Pitcher or Pitchers For This Year?

Guest Indian Chief

I will have to go watch Anthony Fazio pitch this yr, I played with his dad (a pitcher) 40 yrs ago and will say Sam has him on the rite track working with a ex Pro pitcher. The only other guy I know that threw in the low to mid 90s as a Jr. was Josh Becket, I'm sure there are others BUT surely just a handfull. If he's consistant @ 90 he will go high >no dought. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Fazio must be for real if the scouts are out and Rice has inked him, I can't wait to see him throw. From the ones I've seen, Hales and Harrington in top tier. Look for Ryan Sampere and Justin Richard to make some waves. Hicks is so valuable off the mound, can't see Coach Bryant using him unless it's a crucial suitation, which I would have no problem throwing him against the best around.

There is always a new soph that will rise to the top, who may that be in the area? 

Smesny from Dayton went 8-0 at the varsity level as a 15 year old soph last year-was good enough to play with the Kyle Chapman organization in Houston. Dayton was the only 22-4A team to beat Vidor twice---Smesny had both wins.He and a few others are are the top of this list.

I am hearing that Snyder and Cessac  have matured a lot at Bridge City.  That gives a very loaded deep pitching squad!

I remember about three years ago when BC took out Lufkin Hudson in 3 games, in near 100 degree temperatures--fairly deep(Regional Finals), in the bracket play.  A big tall Senior burley kid named Kirk Vincent was all BC had left because the pitching staff was flat spent.  Kirk Vincent started kicking high and drawing a good bead and looked like a big ole Arkansas farm boy chunking stream-rocks.  It turned out that a deep pitching hard ball covey made the difference that day as Hudson did not quite have the deep pitching squad that BC did; thus. BC prevailed over the #1 team.  I guess you could say that Kirk had "his day in the sun"!

Clark, Hicks and the select others will get more time in District play but the depth factor sometimes counts in the playoffs.

You know, It was brought to my attention that stalwart performer Jadon Dillon is pitching-training under Sam Moore from Orange!  With Dillon's excellent strong demonstrated athletic ability and proven pitching savvy that gives Bridge City a multiple punch from the mound.

I also hear that Forrest Zoch a freshman may prove to be a premier pitcher as the years roll on.  Can he help out this year?  We will just have to let the season take place.

Forrest is a future D1 prospect, he may be like Hicks was as a Freshman.  It will be interesting to see if he is even needed this year.

Guest Orangeboy

Yes, Dillon will shine this season whereever he is needed. 

Some of the others showing promise as pitchers included Hubbard, Robertson, Rhodes and Breaux.  Does anyone know of their current baseball status?

Offseason maybe??? ??? and for Dillon, Breaux, and Rhodes a little hoops.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder