Best opening matchup for 2007 season?

Guest Kelly Football

The Houston Sterling-Silsbee game is going to be interesting. I say that after what happened last year. The Tigers totally dominated Sterling last year, winning 56-32, but it wasn't even that close. Silsbee was ahead going into the fourth 56-12, gave up 3 tds late with our scrubs in. The very next week, Sterling put a whooping on Beaumont Central, winning something like 50-28, not real sure on the score though. It will be interesting to see what Sterling team shows up.

Week 0

Friday August 31st

West Brook @ Ozen (Lamar)

Baytown Lee @ Central

Datyon @ WO-Stark

Caney Creek @ LC-M

Nederland vs Brenham (Reliant Stadium)

PN-G vs La Marque (Reliant Stadium)

Liberty @ Bridge City

Splendora @ Hamshire-Fannett

Anahuac @ Hardin-Jefferson

Livingston @ Jasper

Kirbyville @ Cleveland

Buna @ Orangefield

Woodville @ Coldspring

Shepherd @ East Chambers

Tarkington @ Hardin

Vinton, LA @ Deweyville

Kountze @ High Island

Warren @ Huntington

Evadale @ Colmesneil

Hull-Daisetta @ Westbury Christian

Sabine Pass @ Legacy Christian

Groveton @ West Hardin

Houston Kincaid @ Kelly

Bye- Port Arthur Memorial, Lumberton, Vidor, Silsbee, Newton

its not an opener but...

silsbee @ wo-s

after being the only team in the regular season to actually deserve to play with the mustangs, the tigers come into the season with the 20-13 loss still fresh in their heads. the tigers were up by 13 at the half and watched as the mustangs D-1 athletes won one of the hardest fought football games of the year.

best match-up of the season, hands down

Central vs Lee should be an interesting contest....

Looking at the preseason SETX top 10 teams...

The WOS vs Dayton game is the only one with 2 teams in the top 10 playing...

The winner should be #1 in the SETX poll....

A Central win over Lee would be a HUGE victory for the Jaguars...

If Ozen can play WB a good game that will also be telling...

I'm going to put in a plug for Livingston @ Jasper...as homerish as it may be. The Lions manhandled us last year and this game will be a good barometer of where the 'Dogs are in their rebuilding stage under Coach Brooks. It should take close to a season to get things going again, but anything can happen. Coach Brooks has a great track record in situations like these.

The Houston Sterling-Silsbee game is going to be interesting. I say that after what happened last year. The Tigers totally dominated Sterling last year, winning 56-32, but it wasn't even that close. Silsbee was ahead going into the fourth 56-12, gave up 3 tds late with our scrubs in. The very next week, Sterling put a whooping on Beaumont Central, winning something like 50-28, not real sure on the score though. It will be interesting to see what Sterling team shows up.

You see, that's why you supposed to go to the games...The score was 41-34, if you wanna call that a 'whooping'.  Yea, they was blowing us out early in the 3rd, 41-13.  They tried to run the score up by leaving their starters in.  They coldnt' score no more and we kept pouring it on.  BTW, that Sterling team made the playoffs and went 2 rounds deep.  Back to the point of the thread...The best week 0 matchups will be either WB vs Ozen or the Reliant games.

You see, that's why you supposed to go to the games...The score was 41-34, if you wanna call that a 'whooping'.  Yea, they was blowing us out early in the 3rd, 41-13.  They tried to run the score up by leaving their starters in.  They coldnt' score no more and we kept pouring it on.  BTW, that Sterling team made the playoffs and went 2 rounds deep.  Back to the point of the thread...The best week 0 matchups will be either WB vs Ozen or the Reliant games.

I stand corrected on the Sterling-Central score, was closer than I thought, even though I did mention that I wasn't sure about the score. My point was, Silsbee dominated Sterling and so should have Central.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics