BC players coming back?

Who is coming back next year and what pitching? I know Hicks will be a pitcher.  I just hate see us depend on him all year.  Since he is such a good shortstop.  Is there any more freshman that have the potential to be starters next year besides Robertson, and Hicks.

Guest Bulldog

This is "MY" thoughts.

Pitchers- Hicks, Clark, Breaux, Snyder, Dillion, Cessac.

C- Jackson

1B- Snyder

2nd- Mathews, Cessac

SS- Hicks when he pitches maybe Robertson moves over.

3B- Robertson, Hubbard

LF- Dillion

C- Breaux or Clark

RF- Breaux or Clark

The same but think little Joe pitches too... ;D

Guest BC boy 17

This is "MY" thoughts.

C- Jackson

1B- Snyder

2nd- Mathews, Cessac

3B- Robertson, Hubbard

LF- Dillion

C- Breaux or Clark

RF- Breaux or Clark

i agree. i had talked to one of the coaches from BC and he said that there was a good chance that Matthews would move over to short when Hicks pitches

Guest Bulldog

I would like to see more of Robertson behind the plate and Jackson at 1B.

Or who knows maybe someone else will step up and be a better defensive catcher like Enclade or even someone like Luke Rhodes......Robertson just is best at third....Jackson would be better at first IMO........coach Bryant will be blessed with quality talent next year......

Guest Bulldog

Bulldog3, given the opportunity, Rhodes would step up and plays excellent behind the plate.........................and pitches too........................

The kid's a great athlete given the chance he should do well.....

I believe that the Sophs and Jrs. of next year have a great amount of talent.  Most of these guys have played together for a number of years and most any of them can step up to the task at hand for next year.  You guys have set the bar high with how well this years team was, so hopefully they will continue the winning tradition.  Good luck to you and we'll be pulling for you as a LU Cardinal!

Guest fred1

I would like to see more of Robertson behind the plate and Jackson at 1B.

Definately....He's super behind the plate but his baseball skills in the infield are awesome.  Would like to see him at short, 3rd, 2nd, pitching, catching...he can play anywhere but infield really needs him.

Guest fred1

Who is coming back next year and what pitching? I know Hicks will be a pitcher.  I just hate see us depend on him all year.  Since he is such a good shortstop.  Is there any more freshman that have the potential to be starters next year besides Robertson, and Hicks.

Or who knows maybe someone else will step up and be a better defensive catcher like Enclade or even someone like Luke Rhodes......Robertson just is best at third....Jackson would be better at first IMO........coach Bryant will be blessed with quality talent next year......

Robertson is very aggressive behind the plate......

Guest fred1

This is "MY" thoughts.

C- Jackson

1B- Snyder

2nd- Mathews, Cessac

3B- Robertson, Hubbard

LF- Dillion

C- Breaux or Clark

RF- Breaux or Clark

I believe He is best behind the plate or short.  Good movement and throwing.

You are not going to beat Matt Hicks at short and Rhodes is very aggressive behind the plate, but in 3 back to back posts you think Robertson is.........................I guess the whole point of this topic was who will BC have next season and it looks like as in the past, they will have alot of talent with who is there now and who could be next year.  And you have several boys who can play anywhere you need them to play and play there very well, so the TEAM of next season looks to be a good one with the whole group of boys that are excellent athletes with not just one or two that are good. 

Guest fred1

You are not going to beat Matt Hicks at short and Rhodes is very aggressive behind the plate, but in 3 back to back posts you think Robertson is.........................I guess the whole point of this topic was who will BC have next season and it looks like as in the past, they will have alot of talent with who is there now and who could be next year.  And you have several boys who can play anywhere you need them to play and play there very well, so the TEAM of next season looks to be a good one with the whole group of boys that are excellent athletes with not just one or two that are good. 

That would be your opinion.....Joe is an asset anywhere you put him and yes I believe he is as good as any other short just as other players are just as good if given a chance.  Most people do not know all the players potential because they are not given the opportunity to prove it.  Sad but true.  I believe next year will be a great year for Bridge City and very excited for them all.  Bridge City has alot of talent and we are all very proud of our players.........

And that would be your opinion.  I know Joe can play any position.....my point was............so can several others in BC.  But like you said, they have to be given a chance to show what they can do and lots of times they are not.  And there are several athletes who did not get the chance to show anything this year, that could step up and be a big part of next year's team.  I think there will be an abundance of talent to be used, lets just hope "where" to use it best can be addressed. 

BC talent will be there, I just hope they are not stymied by the "triangle" assistant coach.  He has brunted a lot of players on the idea of baseball when the opposite should be his job.  He doesn't even take the time to find out where the player's experience lies or work with any of them to improve thier skills. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder