Who thinks Kountze will make the playoffs.

Guest JGLB55

I was in Kountze through those recent years.  One thing is missing......expectations.  Kountze has always had athletes, look no further than basketball, but in b-ball they expect to reach state year in and year out.  Few of those kids want to play f-ball.  Honestly, I was always told by the kids, "why practice in the hot sun when we are gonna lose."  That is a defeatist attitude before the ball is even kicked off.  I always drank the kool-aid when the statement "this is the year" was spoken only to find the status quo by years end.  Kountze must get over the hurdle to be considered a playoff contender until then it will continue to just "be the year".

I picked up one of your programs after the game ( last game of the year) and yall have about 24 returning thats not bad!..after the rain had stopped we just came out there and whooped yall..yall gave up!..if yall get your mind right you can go to the playoffs...Its very easy talking about winning a district championship or making the playoffs..but its alot harder winning one..

Remember two of the wins came against 1A schools.  Kountze will be much better and could enter district 3-1.  I can't go against the Bobcats.  West Hardin will be good again and Evadale should continue to improve.  I do not believe that they will make the playoffs, but i'll be pulling for them in every game but one.