Dayton Broncos in '07

Say what you want about Coach Stewart and his staff but one thing I have noticed is that they care about their kids. Went to a BB game in BH last year and many of the Dayton football Coaches were at the game. No such thing in Dayton as "we can't but we will". They have some great athletes but their Coaching staff is solid. Dayton had a kid that played at Etbu and Coach Stewart would always come to a game or send a Coach once a year. Good to see a Coaching staff like Dayton have a genuine interest in their kids during and after playing days.

Agree...

Dayton's coaching staff is top notch.

From the 7th grade b team all the way to the varsity team.  Go to a junior high game and you will notice that most of the time the difference is winning or losing is the coaching.  When your 4 junior high teams (7th A & B, 8th A & B) go undefeated or only lose one game, you can gaurantee that success will carry on into highschool.  This has been occurring over the last decade and the talent keeps coming.

Guest TravelingBandsman

We'll have our chance this time. Coach Stewart can prove to the others in the apparent strong areas and districts across the state that he's a contender. I recognize Dayton has had a shiny record, but the point I want to put across is that in the overall spectrum of the entire state, Dayton isn't a highly recognized school. You see more in 4A from La Marque, Brenham, and Corpus Christi Calallen. Why, because these schools have made it. They've delved deep into the bracket and even won it at some points in history. I don't doubt the ability of Dayton's coaching staff or our players, but we're not one of the masters yet.

My son was at TX A&M for a Junior/Senior camp Sat. and told me Green was his QB on most drills and was a BEAST! He said he had touch on short routes and a cannon on vertical routes. We weren't able to watch the workout because there wasn't a sprinkler system installed yet in their indoor practice facility. Green got a lot of love  from the coaches. I've never seen him play but this will help Dayton considerably because a teams success almost always starts and ends with the guy behind center.

I think they did it in the scrimmage against Montgomery last year...not sure. I usually agree with this decision as well. They are the ones that know what is really going on down on the field. I would rather do that than end up in a brawl.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124