Lumberton 2007

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ltownbaseball9, Take a class in long division 1500/100= 150. 1500 yards in a run first, pass second offsense isnt to bad. plus he did lead the district.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How many spring drills or summer workouts have you watched. Are you a coach or did you even play football? It sure doesnt seem like it. Sorry for getting personal but I hate to see when someone comes on this website and not talk football but typecast a entire program of hard working kids who are doing their best to be competitive.

Ltownbaseball9, Take a class in long division 1500/100= 150. 1500 yards in a run first, pass second offsense isnt to bad. plus he did lead the district.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How many spring drills or summer workouts have you watched. Are you a coach or did you even play football? It sure doesnt seem like it. Sorry for getting personal but I hate to see when someone comes on this website and not talk football but typecast a entire program of hard working kids who are doing their best to be competitive.

yup and the funny thing is he downing his own school.

I want Lumberton to do good but the fact is yall run yalls mouth everyday on here talking about how good yall are going to be and it gets so old.

#  10

ltown, you should go look at what all the other lumberton players on this board are saying.. not ONE of us is saying how good we are. you know who the players are b/c were telling everyone else to shut up about it. everyone else is just fans who wont shut there mouths!! and the reason i didn't answer you about the passing thing with dejohn is cuz i got tired of reading your crap.. and you can't tell me that cody hussey got a pity vote for all-district. and i guarntee you that jonathon ward didn't get a pity vote for all-combine.

The Raiders will put points on the board.  Will there defense be up to the challenge?  They will be a better team than last year but won't have the luxury of sneaking up on anyone this year! ;D

Who did they sneak up on last year?

Hey, I know alot of people joke about Lumberton, but they are getting better.  I think Lumberton needs to watch and learn from Katy HS. Don't laugh about it because Katy hardly ever has a player that goes D-1. They have solid HS players that execute, don't make many mistakes, and play as a team. Katy has never had much speed at the skill positions and hardly ever has an All-State player. I'm just saying when a team is down on themselves, you have to find motivation somewhere's, and I would think that if you mock yourselves after such a successful team as the Katy Tigers you can't go wrong. Even though I'm from a 22-4a rival school, I would like to see Lumberton do well. Try it and see if it makes a difference. Good Luck!

There seems to be alot of back and forth on this issue.  Tha facts are that Lumberton might not win district or even go to the playoffs.  But, no one out there can say that they are not going to compete for a playoff spot.  They have a fantastic head coach.  And they do have just as good of talent if not better talent than they did when they had the Harrod's, the Wright's and the Lights.  I am from Lumberton.  However, I do not live in Lumberton anymore, but still have friends that live there.  Lumberton has 3 running backs that rate up there as the best runners in district.  Hussey,  Hannah and the little sophmore Beard.  Who by the way, if he keeps his health and his grades up will be one of the best athletes that has ever come out of Lumberton.  So to the one who mentioned some of

Lumbertons best above you are mistaken, because I played with the older ones that you mentioned.  Best of luck to Lumberton on there 2007 football year.  FYI, if there are Lumberton football players responding to these writings, my advice would be to quit reading this and show them on the field.  Even those that are mentioning past Lumberton players.

You get several with an attitude like J Ward you'll start turning that thing around.Hard worker who gives everything he's got.Bottom line is thats what it takes.The teams that will be successful in December are the ones working the hardest right now.Lumbertons biggest step will be learning to win ,once they take that step they may surprise some folks.I hope they do win ,that would be a lot of fun to watch.

This is the most depth I've seen at the tailback position in Lumberton in a long time. Didn't Glen Harrod and Tal Light play on the same team?  I think I was in the fifth grade when Glen was a senior. Really looked up to him. How good should the defensive backfield be this year? Is Hussey going to play back there a little bit since he has some quality guys to spell him? Sometimes that's a problem spot for us. A good group there could make the difference.  I went to some of the games last year, probably around half of them. Went to watch other teams on the rest of the fridays.  I thought the coaches did a good job overall. That was Credeur's first year as the head guy right? That was a young team and a young coaching staff last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see big improvement this year.

ltownbaseball9, I read some of the stuff you've said in other threads. You say you're not from Lumberton but you're dropping all these names from as far back as 17, 18 years ago. Don't be ashamed to be a Lumbertonian. :)

I'm not ashamed of Lumberton.  I said, that I was from Lumberton but do not live there now.  Also, Glenn Harrod was a close friend of mine.  We grew up playing ball together before I moved my freshman year, he was a year younger than I am.  But, if he knew who was posting this he would agree with me.  In baseball, I hit from the left and right.  So if you know him, all you have to do is mention that.

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WORK HARD. RAIDERS 7TH,8TH,9TH,JV ALL

HAD WINNING RECORDS ;SOME WON THEIR DISTRICT. WITH A SCHOOL THAT WILL

LEAVE COACH CREDEUR IN PLACE  & ALONE THIS COMMUNITY WILL SEE THE

RESULTS OF HIS & THE ATHLETES HARD WORK( & THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING REAL HARD. IF ALL RAIDERS COACHES WILL PULL WITH COACH CREDEUR & ATHLETES, I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME

OF THE ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM,NOT JUST FOOTBALL. SOME HAVE TORN A LOT OF HOLES IN THIS TEAM,SOME HAVE OPENED THEIR MOUTHS WIDE WITH

THEIR STUPID ,BIASED,IGNORANT COMMENTS ABOUT PAST,PRESENT & FUTURE

ATHLETES THINKING THEY HAVE ALL INSIGHT & SPORTS KNOWELEDGE.  GUYS,

LUMBERTON IS ON THE WAY UP.BETTER COACHING IN PLACE FOR A WHILE,MORE

#S OF KIDS,BETTER WORK ETHICS,ECT. BY THE WAY, WE DO HAVE SOME REALLY TALENTED FOOTBALL GUYS & WHOEVER SAYS WE DONT ARE JUST IGNORANT OF

THE FACT. HUSSEY 205;4:7  -40)(HANNA 210; 4:6  40) ( BEARD 6'1 205 ; 4:7 40)

(DUVALL 6'1/2 201; 4:7 -40) (BELT 175; 4:65  -40) THESE ARE JUST SOME OF STATS OF PLAYERS. THEY DONT MEAN  DISTRICT CHAMPS ON THE WAY, BUT

IT DOES SHOW AT SKILL POSITIONS WE HAVE SOME SPEED. BUT SPEED ALONE

DOESNT MEAN ALL THINGS GOOD. WEDO HAVE SOME BIG, MEAN GUYS COMING UP

AND I DO SALUTE ALL WHO STRIVE AT THIS SPORT. BY THE WAY LUMBERTON

WENT TO LUFKIN TO COMPETE IN THE 7 ON 7 FOOTBALL REGIONAL TOUR. OUT

OF 16 TEAMS( MOST 5A SCHOOLS-KLEIN,CONROE,LUFKIN,CHAVEZ,) LUMBERTON

MADE IT TO THE FINALS TO PLAY LUFKIN,WHICH IS A RANKED 5A SCHHOL IN PRE

SEASON POLES, THEY BEAT LUMBERTON 35 TO25, BUT ASIDE FROM 2 COSTLY

TURNOVERS-ONE IN THE ENDZONE,WE HADE A CHANCE TO WIN. RAIDERS ALSO

WENT UNDEFEATED THIS SUMMER IN 7 ON 7 FOOTBALL, SO ALL SCEPTICS DONT

RAG ON THESE YOUNG MEN TO BAD THEY JUST MIGHT SURPRISE YOU. GOOD

LUCK TO ALL AREA FOOTBALL TEAMS, I HOPE YOU REP. THIS AREA WELL IN 2007-08

FOREVER BELIEVING ; ROBE

;D

Sigh... ::)

Ok, robe I admire your enthusiasm, but here are some reality checks:

1. previous sub-varsity results have no bearing on how you will do on varsity.

(see previous "undefeated since eight grade" varsity of last year.

2. 7-on-7 results have no bearing on the real season.  Its basically flag football without a line.

3. You are playing in a district with at least 5 playoff contenders (that are not lumberton) playing for three spots.  You will have to knock off at least 3 to get in.

I am glad that Lumberton is excited about thier team and that they are trying to build some pride, but I will say it again:  You need to get some success under your belt and maybe have a .500 before you go talking about a playoff run.

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WORK HARD. RAIDERS 7TH,8TH,9TH,JV ALL

HAD WINNING RECORDS ;SOME WON THEIR DISTRICT. WITH A SCHOOL THAT WILL

LEAVE COACH CREDEUR IN PLACE  & ALONE THIS COMMUNITY WILL SEE THE

RESULTS OF HIS & THE ATHLETES HARD WORK( & THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING REAL HARD. IF ALL RAIDERS COACHES WILL PULL WITH COACH CREDEUR & ATHLETES, I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME

OF THE ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM,NOT JUST FOOTBALL. SOME HAVE TORN A LOT OF HOLES IN THIS TEAM,SOME HAVE OPENED THEIR MOUTHS WIDE WITH

THEIR STUPID ,BIASED,IGNORANT COMMENTS ABOUT PAST,PRESENT & FUTURE

ATHLETES THINKING THEY HAVE ALL INSIGHT & SPORTS KNOWELEDGE.  GUYS,

LUMBERTON IS ON THE WAY UP.BETTER COACHING IN PLACE FOR A WHILE,MORE

#S OF KIDS,BETTER WORK ETHICS,ECT. BY THE WAY, WE DO HAVE SOME REALLY TALENTED FOOTBALL GUYS & WHOEVER SAYS WE DONT ARE JUST IGNORANT OF

THE FACT. HUSSEY 205;4:7  -40)(HANNA 210; 4:6  40) ( BEARD 6'1 205 ; 4:7 40)

(DUVALL 6'1/2 201; 4:7 -40) (BELT 175; 4:65  -40) THESE ARE JUST SOME OF STATS OF PLAYERS. THEY DONT MEAN  DISTRICT CHAMPS ON THE WAY, BUT

IT DOES SHOW AT SKILL POSITIONS WE HAVE SOME SPEED. BUT SPEED ALONE

DOESNT MEAN ALL THINGS GOOD. WEDO HAVE SOME BIG, MEAN GUYS COMING UP

AND I DO SALUTE ALL WHO STRIVE AT THIS SPORT. BY THE WAY LUMBERTON

WENT TO LUFKIN TO COMPETE IN THE 7 ON 7 FOOTBALL REGIONAL TOUR. OUT

OF 16 TEAMS( MOST 5A SCHOOLS-KLEIN,CONROE,LUFKIN,CHAVEZ,) LUMBERTON

MADE IT TO THE FINALS TO PLAY LUFKIN,WHICH IS A RANKED 5A SCHHOL IN PRE

SEASON POLES, THEY BEAT LUMBERTON 35 TO25, BUT ASIDE FROM 2 COSTLY

TURNOVERS-ONE IN THE ENDZONE,WE HADE A CHANCE TO WIN. RAIDERS ALSO

WENT UNDEFEATED THIS SUMMER IN 7 ON 7 FOOTBALL, SO ALL SCEPTICS DONT

RAG ON THESE YOUNG MEN TO BAD THEY JUST MIGHT SURPRISE YOU. GOOD

LUCK TO ALL AREA FOOTBALL TEAMS, I HOPE YOU REP. THIS AREA WELL IN 2007-08

FOREVER BELIEVING ; ROBE

Thats what I am talking about Excitement...... Just lay off the caps lock ;D

;D

I am glad that Lumberton is excited about thier team and that they are trying to build some pride, but I will say it again:  You need to get some success under your belt and maybe have a .500 before you go talking about a playoff run.

bigdog, he didn't say a word about a playoff run. all he said was that we may surprise some people..

WOW!!!!!  I stayed away for six months hoping the Lumberton winning season topic would not pop up.  Boy was I wrong.  It wasn't started by a player or fan, but it sure was hijacked by them.  Did ya'll not learn from your boasting and gum bumping last year???  Please let your words be spoken on the field this year.

My prediction  5-5 record

My upset prediction    Lumberton beats Central      21-20

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder