Most anticipated player to watch in 07?

Guest Penny

SFA, you are smart enough to know how a defense can improve even if it loses 7 starters... if Ned's D was a down as most know, then there is a chance that some of the players coming up from the Fresh/Soph teams can make a big impact... count on it.  The Fresh/Soph classes were very talented, and you know as well as I, that the jump from Fresh to Soph/Junior is one of the leaps where players are made.  There bodies develop, the game slows down and BAM.... you have a great player at your disposal... just watch, that's what will/is happening in Nederland.  The defense will be the anchor to this team, they will be VERY, VERY solid.  I don't exxagerate.  Part of it is also the move of Gutierrez to Lb, which helps immensely.  I have way more question marks on offense, where the word is we will throw it around a lot more... not sure how this will work out.  Again, several soph's/fresh who are up and coming tremendous receivers who will be sophs/juniors this year that will give Sampere plenty of targets.  Word on the street is that you may have two Butler "type" players on O and they are both underclassmen.  I am somewhat skeptical until I see it in game situation, but that is apparently why they are going to throw it around more, along with Sampere's ability and the need to move Gutierrez to defense.  Plus Ned has two great Scat type backs in Bass/Roy... SFA, I can assure you, Nederland will not be down this year, they have reloaded... just watch.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My whole thing is, if they're that good on the lower levels, why didn't they start on Fridays?  I'm aware Ned's JV went 6-3 but I can tell you Ozen's JV went 9-1 and you don't see me hyping up Ozen except for post of them not being a finesse team on offense anymore.  I was part of a team that lost 8 on offense and 9 on defense but that junior and sophmore classes behind us were top notch.  I'm smart enough to know that some programs have lower levels that just step up after losing large senior classes but I'm also smart enough to know everybody's not able-----especialling losing 100% of your offense to graduation.  Trust me, I know from experience.......

SFA, you are smart enough to know how a defense can improve even if it loses 7 starters... if Ned's D was a down as most know, then there is a chance that some of the players coming up from the Fresh/Soph teams can make a big impact... count on it.  The Fresh/Soph classes were very talented, and you know as well as I, that the jump from Fresh to Soph/Junior is one of the leaps where players are made.  There bodies develop, the game slows down and BAM.... you have a great player at your disposal... just watch, that's what will/is happening in Nederland.  The defense will be the anchor to this team, they will be VERY, VERY solid.  I don't exxagerate.  Part of it is also the move of Gutierrez to Lb, which helps immensely.  I have way more question marks on offense, where the word is we will throw it around a lot more... not sure how this will work out.  Again, several soph's/fresh who are up and coming tremendous receivers who will be sophs/juniors this year that will give Sampere plenty of targets.  Word on the street is that you may have two Butler "type" players on O and they are both underclassmen.  I am somewhat skeptical until I see it in game situation, but that is apparently why they are going to throw it around more, along with Sampere's ability and the need to move Gutierrez to defense.  Plus Ned has two great Scat type backs in Bass/Roy... SFA, I can assure you, Nederland will not be down this year, they have reloaded... just watch.

Penny...who are the 2 Butler "type" players that you are referring too?

Several from East Chambers.

Tramain Thomas    QB  Sr.  - No explanation needed

Vance McDonald    TE  Sr.  - Missed most of last season due to shoulder injury. Solid contributor when he was healthy last year.

Paul Trammell        LB    Sr.  - Finished the year with 119 Tackles. Missed one and a half games due to pulled hamstring and deep thigh bruise.

Donte Raymond      TB  Jr.  - Has big shoes to fill with loss of Gene LeDay.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476