BH/Dayton Mile Relay Video

The video is posted @ www.youtube.com.  I called it "Barbers Hill/Dayton Mile Relay Regional 2007."  You can do a search when you get into youtube.com using a keyword like Barbers Hill, Dayton, or Mile Relay and it will come up.  Everyone feel free to make comments.

That proved what point?  Thank you for that video.  Joe had not even cut down when Todd hit the baton on Joe's left foot.  Joe is still in lane 2, ok lane 1 and a half.  That was exciting to watch all over again.  Where is the rest of the video?  Where Barber's Hill blames everyone else for an incidental happening.  I know it will make no difference to you all but now we have video evidence to a non-malicios act that you people tried to butcher Joe for.  Nice run Joe.

Thanks so much Crawdad for posting!!!!  I wasn't even go to post on this, but Purple, be prepared that a lot of folks will see it differently than you.  While the picture quality is not great, when you stop it frame by frame around the 2:58 mark, the Dayton runner is CLEARLY in lane one as he passes and his left foot is almost between the legs of the BH runner.  Don't insult everyone's intelligence saying it was obvious there was no foul and BH just dropped the baton, that's juvenile. 'course, you sucked me right in which is what you were going for  ;D

The fact is that the meet officials didn't see it, couldn't see it or didn't think it merited disqualification.  So be it...good luck Dayton, represent the area well!

Thanks so much Crawdad for posting!!!!  I wasn't even go to post on this, but Purple, be prepared that a lot of folks will see it differently than you.  While the picture quality is not great, when you stop it frame by frame around the 2:58 mark, the Dayton runner is CLEARLY in lane one as he passes and his left foot is almost between the legs of the BH runner.  Don't insult everyone's intelligence saying it was obvious there was no foul and BH just dropped the baton, that's juvenile. 'course, you sucked me right in which is what you were going for  ;D

The fact is that the meet officials didn't see it, couldn't see it or didn't think it merited disqualification.  So be it...good luck Dayton, represent the area well!

I agree with the last paragraph--it is no different than arguing balls and strikes or a close play at the plate---the fact is no foul was called so there was no foul. Good luck to Joe Carter and crew at the state meet. As for BH--we will meet again and I am sure the competition will be good

After watching the video numerous times, I could not find any malicious intent on Dayton.  It was one of those "stuff-happens" situations that you just pray does not happen from district to regionals to state.  I just do not see any intentional "kicking the baton out of the BH's kid's hand". 

Otherwise, pretty awesome race.

Well I have to say that I have been anticipating this video for quite some time now.  I was not at the race and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  I have to honestly say that watching the race in full speed,( i could not get it to go frame by frame) I thought that there was nothing wrong with anything the Dayton runner did.  Wow what a great race though,  Very exciting to watch.  Congrats to both schools and teams

I agree with #1.  There was no "kicking" of a baton by anyone.  Looks to me that there was probably some incidental contact which caused the BH kid to drop the stick.  Like it has been said, things happen in this situation that you cannot blame on any one person, you just hope it doesn't happen to your kid, team, or school.  I could fill up this page with similar senarios I witnessed during my 17 years as a track athlete and high school track coach.  It is unfortunate it had to happen in the second biggest track meet of the season.  Next time, carry the stick on the inside, that is my advise. 

Guest distancerunner10

it isnt cheating but it is a foul to have cut down into a lane causing the whole trip up it personaly doesnt matter to me anymore but good luck to dayton represent the area and come home with the state medal

U cant fault him for cutting in becuase on the last leg, into the corner, it truly sucks being in the second lane or even the outside of the first lane for that matter. I think he kicked it out because if you look on the back stretch, Carter was kicking pretty hard during his stride............Just part of the race..hold onto the baton.

I am just not sure where this "kicking the baton" comes from.  There was no kick.  It was a "dropped baton".  Like I said earlier, carry the baton on the inside, just like a running back protects the ball, a runner has to protect the baton, especially in the 1600 relay. 

Guest distancerunner10

i think everyone should just move on and get over it i am over it we cant change what happened so why keep arguing so good luck dayton at state wish i could have gone to watch so bring home some gold

Notice around 3:28 on the video.  The Dayton's runners foot is between and behind the BH runners legs (thighs) nearly touching the BH runner's butt.  Those of you from Dayton are probably not going to admit to seeing this, but those that are not biased will be able to see it. I will admit that Dayton was one of the three best teams in this race, but in what order no one will ever know.

Notice around 3:28 on the video.  The Dayton's runners foot is between and behind the BH runners legs (thighs) nearly touching the BH runner's butt.  Those of you from Dayton are probably not going to admit to seeing this, but those that are not biased will be able to see it. I will admit that Dayton was one of the three best teams in this race, but in what order no one will ever know.

In what order no one will ever know???

I know....

They were 2nd best by 0.05 seconds.

If there 1st leg to 2nd leg hand off were better, they would have won.

Guest distancerunner10

or if there wasnt a trip they might have won...i bet the contact caused it...but again good luck i dont care anymore what was done was done...dayton would have gone either way contact or none so o well goodluck...and we will try to come back and make competitive next year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami