Best Middle Infielder in SETX?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris Hearn - LCM

However, the Westbrook boys are also great, Kris played with them for many years through Select ball for 5 years> Kris was at SS and Tim was at 2nd.  Great Kids all of them.  Harrington is a great ball player too.  Bo not know the Bunner kid though.

Travis Fuente-Colmesneil

Played 2nd freshman and soph. years and short as a JR. and Sr. 990 feilding percentage. Def. MVP of the dist. last year. Hitting 550 with 25 rbi this year. Sometimes the small town kids get looked over.  This kid is a college caliber kid and is not getting the looks he needs.

I'd take Ferguson and Murphy first.  That appears to be a general consensus.  After that, I like Riley (Woodville) then probably Bunner from Vidor.  Hearn (LCM) is having a productive year as is Bolton at BC.  Barnett at PNG is also very productive for the Indians.  A kid to watch for next year as a middle infielder is Lycan (WB).  He primarily plays 3B but will move into the middle next year when Ferguson and Murphy graduate.

Again, proves the point...lotta good players here at home.

if he is not pitching..matt hicks will be the #1 shortstop in all of setx by his jr year.

as for this year i havent seen any of those other guys play but i've heard brunner is pretty dang good

gotta give it up to my man bolton though, fundamentally sound.  probably from all those tom emanski tapes he still watches ;D

This is ridiculous!!! There is no way anyone in the area is better than the two studs from West Brook. Both Murphy and Ferguson of West Brook have signed to D1 colleges, and both were 1st team all district last year in a 5a school, unlike the 3a schools with about 26 seniors in their graduating calss. They are both great young men on and off the field and continue to impress me everytime I watch them play. Ferguson plays while he's sick, and Murphy hits a bomb every other at bat. The WB pitching staff is very lucky to have such a solid defense behind them, although when Josiah Svoboda pitches I don't know why the defense goes out on the field after the last two starts from this young man.

This is ridiculous!!! There is no way anyone in the area is better than the two studs from West Brook. Both Murphy and Ferguson of West Brook have signed to D1 colleges, and both were 1st team all district last year in a 5a school, unlike the 3a schools with about 26 seniors in their graduating calss. They are both great young men on and off the field and continue to impress me everytime I watch them play. Ferguson plays while he's sick, and Murphy hits a bomb every other at bat. The WB pitching staff is very lucky to have such a solid defense behind them, although when Josiah Svoboda pitches I don't know why the defense goes out on the field after the last two starts from this young man.

Just cause there might be 26 seniors in the graduating class dont make the 5 a school kid any better ! ! !    Ridiculous ! ! ! 

I, too, agree that whether you are 1A or 5A, that doesn't answer the question.  For example, one in my 'top' list is 2A -- Braeden Riley from Woodville.  Also, look at the debate on another thread about best CF...2 of the top 3 are 3A players.  A good player is a good player no matter the school size.

With that being said, I do agree with who wg88pitcher thinks are the top 2...I'm just not sure I agree with the reasoning.  They're the tops because...well, they're the tops.

Just cause there might be 26 seniors in the graduating class dont make the 5 a school kid any better ! ! !    Ridiculous ! ! ! 

I couldn't have said it better myself. I have to agree with you strosfan

Calm down people. I only made the statement about the size of the schools to emphasize the fact that it is a heck of a lot harder to make all district at a 5a school than at one of a lower class.. My point is that if these other kids went and played at West Brook I promise you they woud not start in the infield. Not only is WB's middle unbelievable, but their corners are very strong also, consisting of Lycan at third and Serna at first.

strosfan you are ridiculous!!! you should not ever be able to speak again after the comment you just made. Murphy and ferguson are goddeses and put many other middle infielders to shame.... it wouldnt matter if these guys were playing TAPPS they would still be incredible... so quit crying..... theres no crying in baseball!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder