Future Umpire

Not only would I scream at the umpire, but I would heckle and make fun of her the entire ballgame. Women should be fans, not umpires. A woman that calls me out on a close play better be ready to catch some grief. I'm 42 years old on a slowpitch softball team, and the integrity of the game is upheld even there. I know amout woman's suffrage and all that, I just think woman need to stay in the stands, and cheer for the men when it comes to baseball. Personel Opinion. Nothing More.

You male type individuals are horrible (you definitely don't deserve to be called gentlemen).  She probably has more testicles than any of you and she doesn't have any at all.  She is a very fine women with alot of brains (she has a degree from Rice University) and will do the best she possible can.  I am sure glad none of you is my husband or the father of my sons.  Some women know just as much if not more about the game of baseball than men.  Baseball is a great sport enjoyed by all kinds.  Get your heads out of the sand ( Iam being nice here).

You male type individuals are horrible (you definitely don't deserve to be called gentlemen).  She probably has more testicles than any of you and she doesn't have any at all.  She is a very fine women with alot of brains (she has a degree from Rice University) and will do the best she possible can.  I am sure glad none of you is my husband or the father of my sons.  Some women know just as much if not more about the game of baseball than men.  Baseball is a great sport enjoyed by all kinds.  Get your heads out of the sand ( Iam being nice here).

671.gif

A few years ago my son had the privilage of having a women upmire behind the plate and from what my husband said, being an umpire him self for the past 25 years was she was pretty dam good.

So if women not only have to bare the children, cook, clean, be a taxi driver, and much much more while their husbands only go to work, come home and sit on their ass saying where is my supper, then they should also have the right to umpire ballgames.

So lady ump if you are any good then keep it up, however if you are as bad as some of the men I've seen the please do something else and not give these male shovenist any excuse to bash any other women upmires that may just kick ass.

And men just rememeber, in most things you could not make it in this world if it were not for women. (Home, Work, you name it) And just face it some women are better then you any thing you do.

So grt off your high horse and just enjoy the game!!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Not only would I scream at the umpire, but I would heckle and make fun of her the entire ballgame. Women should be fans, not umpires. A woman that calls me out on a close play better be ready to catch some grief. I'm 42 years old on a slowpitch softball team,and the integrity of the game is upheld even there. I know amout woman's suffrage and all that, I just think woman need to stay in the stands, and cheer for the men when it comes to baseball. Personel Opinion. Nothing More.

I can just see you sitting on the sofa with a Bud and a bag of potato chips typing this.  Wake up.

Not only would I scream at the umpire, but I would heckle and make fun of her the entire ballgame. Women should be fans, not umpires. A woman that calls me out on a close play better be ready to catch some grief. I'm 42 years old on a slowpitch softball team, and the integrity of the game is upheld even there. I know amout woman's suffrage and all that, I just think woman need to stay in the stands, and cheer for the men when it comes to baseball. Personel Opinion. Nothing More.

I have to admit I didn't expect this kind of ignorance.  :-\

You have to be kidding?!?!  I really hoped that opinions of men about what women are capabable of suceeding had really come around since the dawn of time.  I have seen some really horrible umpiring by men (actually quite a few of them).  They seem to think that when they put that uniform that they become the Almighty.  Well, I can tell you that she can't do any worse than them.  I will admit that there are good umps too.  They don't get paid enough to take the heckleing that they get from fans.  I have done it and you can never win being an ump.  It takes a special person to get out there and do it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder