Who will win Next years District 21-3A

Guest AISD

;D

I know its early but who do you think will win this Powerhouse District next season

Its tough having all 8 of these teams fighting for that District Title

It's hard to say this early.  Alot can change between now and next season.

1. Silsbee - The loss of Fowler will hurt, but Green is back and is probably the best player in the district next season.

2. Hardin Jefferson - Just about the whole team is back, plus a good JV group coming up.

3. Orangefield - Kaylin Little will need some help.  If some of the younger players step up look for them to be in the hunt for the district championship.  JV group only lost one district game this past season.

4. Bridge City - They may surprise some people next season.  Most of the team is coming back.

5. Hamshire Fannett - Not sure what they have coming back, but they did lose their two best players to graduation.

6. WOS - Hartfield will need alot of help.  I'm curious to see who the new coach will be.

7. Kirbyville - I may have them to low, but I really don't know who they have coming back.  They did lose their best player!

8. Jasper - Give the coach a couple more years and he will have them competitive.

I agree with Cat 22. The district will be down some from this year but I think you said it well about the district teams for next year. My money is on Ang Green as the player to watch next year. KK Little will also be a force to contend with. Silsbee, Orangefield, and Hardin Jefferson are all well coached and still have the talent to win. Bridge City could well be a sleeper!

this district doesn't  go down much next year.  I agree, the toughest 3a district in the state this year.  the top teams are still going to be pretty salty next year.  here's my take on it:

1. Silsbee- loosing very little.  they are so athletic and have alot of depth.  I think they have to be the favorite.

2.  toss up between O'field and HJ.  Both good programs.  Both returning some good players.  They match up well.  should be a good battle.

4. Kirbyville- lost a key player but had some decent young kids.

5.. Hamshire Fannett

6. Bridge City

7. WOS- the well has run dry.

8. Jasper  they may surprise some people.  that guy is doing a good job with those kids.

Guest bleed orange

Kirbyville does not have much coming back. Scooter thats sound like a homer pick to me.

1. Silsbee- will be the team to beat

2. HJ- has 4 starters coming back.

3. Orangefield- the cubbard is not bare. But will have to grow up fast with only 2 returning starters.

4. HF- Plays physical and will battle you till the end. They lack in the shooting department. Hit the gym this summer and not for volleyball.

5. Bridge City- 4 Starters coming back. This group has talent. They rebound well but need to work on fundamentals and shooting. What I mean by that is "Get in the Gym" this summer.

6. WOS- Rebuilding year.

7. Kirbyville- lost a player that shot 80% of the time. They will be finding a new identity.

8. Jasper- Maybe a surprise. There coach is doing some good things over there. If they let him continue to.

• 2 months later...

Well alot has changed since this thread was first started.  OF has a new coach so it might take them some time to get use to his system.  For OF to compete for the district championship they are going to need some guard help to take some of the pressure off of KK Little.  Think we just might have a Freshman that can do that!!

Guest bleed orange

It will be interesting  next year to say the least. So far in summer league we are showing our youth. Some underclassman better start growing up fast. At times we don't look bad but against the good teams we show our inexperience and lack of depth. We just need the new coach to get down here so he can put his system in place. We will be fine, just having a little growing pains. I think you are right though, if they move up that freshman our team will have more depth at the guard position. Last year we had plenty of guards this year we don't have very many.

I thought some of the girls would be prepared for the next step, but I'm not seeing it in Summer League.  I can't wait for the new coach, I have a good feeling he is going to have them ready to go!  I'm picking Orangefield to come out on top. Silsbee and HJ, to round out the top.  Come on ladies, don't make me eat my words. 

Theres a pretty good club taking shape in Sour Lake.Big girls getting better and some kids coming back who can get up and down the floor and play really good "D".The coach says they won't be bad, that usually translates into a 20 win season.Coach Kellum will also have em ready to roll in Silsbee.

1.Silsbee-Good coach,lots of returning players.

2. HJ-See post above-ditto

3. Orangefield-Takes awhile for freshmen to adapt,it's a different world.

• 3 months later...

Theres a pretty good club taking shape in Sour Lake.Big girls getting better and some kids coming back who can get up and down the floor and play really good "D".The coach says they won't be bad, that usually translates into a 20 win season.Coach Kellum will also have em ready to roll in Silsbee.

1.Silsbee-Good coach,lots of returning players.

2. HJ-See post above-ditto

3. Orangefield-Takes awhile for freshmen to adapt,it's a different world.

Coach KILLAM is in Silsbee.    Kellum was a player from Kirbyville

watch the team from Jasper this season, coach Joe Baker is positioning that team for a shot at the playoffs this season.  He has some good ball players returning this season.  21-3a will be exciting once again this season, there are no nights off in this district. Tuesday and Friday nights in 21-3a will offer some of the finest ballgames in the area.  Whould be fun!!!!!  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder