Worst fields in the area?

Its been a long time since i played at Deweyville, and i'm not sure if they got a new field.  But their baseball field has to be up there as one of the worst.  The right field line of the baseball field almost intersected the back right corner of the end zone on the Deweyville football field.  You felt like you were playing in a cow pasture, and the neighborhood that was right behind the fence was nothing to look at either.

Its been a long time since i played at Deweyville, and i'm not sure if they got a new field.  But their baseball field has to be up there as one of the worst.  The right field line of the baseball field almost intersected the back right corner of the end zone on the Deweyville football field.  You felt like you were playing in a cow pasture, and the neighborhood that was right behind the fence was nothing to look at either.

Next year Deweyville will have a new field and it will look nice!

Deweyville has been bad, but they have a new field that will be ready next season.

I think the winner of the worst field award is a toss up. 

The tie goes to Ozen and Central.  Both surfaces are unsafe to play on.

The scoreboard in centerfield at Ozen should be moved before a hitter loses a pitch in the lights and does not turn his head.  Many fields are built with a tall green background so that the hitter can better see the ball coming out of the pitchers hand.  Not OzenThe more innings you play, the more lights go on.  It is something that BISD should fix immediatley to protect their student athletes from possible serious injury.

It is not even a question.  Beaumont Central.  It may be the worst park in the state, not just southeast texas.  The playing surface is dangerous with at least an 8 inch rise going to first with an 8 inch drop when you get to the dirt.  For that matter the lip all the  way around the infield is unlike anything I have ever seen.  I forgot to mention that there is almost no pitchers mound to speak of.  Looks like a softball rubber.  Pot holes in the outfield.  I am just glad we got out of their without an injury.  BISD should do something with Central and Ozen's field before someone gets injured. 

Nope....I know that HF's field is 265 in right with the 20 ft wall....beleive me I used to stand against it everyday while we hit balls at cars.  It used to be 285 in left, big difference between what the cracker box is now and what it used to be.  It used to be the worst field in high school history.

Somebody needs to get in touch with someone and get the scoreboard at Ozen moved to left or right field.  Dead center is not a good place for a scoreboard in baseball.  When the pitcher lets a pitch go...it gets lost in the lights of the scoreboard and makes it harder for hitters to  see the ball.

It is not even a question.  Beaumont Central.  It may be the worst park in the state, not just southeast texas.  The playing surface is dangerous with at least an 8 inch rise going to first with an 8 inch drop when you get to the dirt.  For that matter the lip all the  way around the infield is unlike anything I have ever seen.  I forgot to mention that there is almost no pitchers mound to speak of.  Looks like a softball rubber.  Pot holes in the outfield.  I am just glad we got out of their without an injury.  BISD should do something with Central and Ozen's field before someone gets injured. 

I agree their Fields are Awful, The UIL should step in and do something about those fields. They arent safe and should not be played on.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that new field at D'ville...for the past 2 yrs our Sr players have been told "next year you will be playing on a new field."  Hasn't happened yet!  I agree, our field qualifies as one of the worst fields, the scoreboard doesn't work half the time, never know  if there will be a concession stand, and pray that they have the key to the bathrooms! lol...I certainly hope that by next year they do have that new field....I think 5 yrs if PLENTY of time to build a school and fields!  ::) ???    GO PIRATES! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siyuu
    Newest Member
    siyuu