*Central 9 Nederland 6 Final/Friday*

I was at this game.  Amazing how errors can effect one team and not the other.  I believe Central had more errors in the game, but Nederland just couldn't take advantage of them.  Central just slowly chipped away at the lead.  Had a big 7th inning and took the win.

NEDERLAND – The Central Jaguars scored what is believed to be their first baseball win ever over Nederland Friday night, with Kevin Thomas going 3 for 3 to lead a 12-hit attack.

It was the District 22-4A opener for both squads, each of which had its scheduled Tuesday game canceled by wet fields and rescheduled for Saturday afternoon.

Central, 5-4 overall, hosts Little Cypress-Mauriceville at 1 p.m. today, while Nederland, 5-6, plays at Vidor at 2 p.m. LC-M lost in extra innings to Port Neches-Groves Friday while Vidor run-ruled Lumberton.

Nederland scored all its runs in the second inning, taking advantage of three Central errors in the process. In all, the Jaguars, who have been in and out of districts with Nederland since the school’s first baseball season 20 years ago, committed seven errors.

A VERY SLOPPY GAME INDEED. NED CONTINUES TO STRUGGLE WITH ROUTINE DEFENSIVE PLAYS IN THE FIELD.THEY ALSO SEEMED TO WANT TO GO FOR THE LONG BALL , INSTEAD OF JUST SETTLING FOR GOOD LINE DRIVE HITTING.(ALOT OF LONG FLYOUTS WITH PEOPLE IN SCORING POSITION.) CENTRAL  OVERCAME ITS MANY ERRORS WITH GREAT HITTING IN CLUTCH SITUATIONS. THEY NEVER FOLDED THE TENT. COULD BE A FACTOR IN THE DISTRICT RACE IF IT CAN OVERCOME ITS LACK OF BENCH DEPTH. IF HELMKE IS ON, NED MAY BE COMPETITIVE. NED MAY NEED TO SHAKE UP ITS LINEUP IN ORDER TO HAVE A CHANCE IN THIS TOUGH DISTRICT.

I THINK ME AND RENAE CALLED THAT SCORE WHOA!!! Yea tomm will be a HUGE Game for Both Nederland and Vidor cant wait to go and watch.... Congrats Jags you showed who came ready for the win....

You sho right BBallFan24.  I knew they had it in them when noone else did.  Congrats Jags.  Young squad, up and coming.

NEDERLAND – The Central Jaguars scored what is believed to be their first baseball win ever over Nederland Friday night, with Kevin Thomas going 3 for 3 to lead a 12-hit attack.

It was the District 22-4A opener for both squads, each of which had its scheduled Tuesday game canceled by wet fields and rescheduled for Saturday afternoon.

Central, 5-4 overall, hosts Little Cypress-Mauriceville at 1 p.m. today, while Nederland, 5-6, plays at Vidor at 2 p.m. LC-M lost in extra innings to Port Neches-Groves Friday while Vidor run-ruled Lumberton.

Nederland scored all its runs in the second inning, taking advantage of three Central errors in the process. In all, the Jaguars, who have been in and out of districts with Nederland since the school’s first baseball season 20 years ago, committed seven errors.

Kelvin Thomas went 4 for 4 and scored 3 runs

Guest I_Love_Central_#3

This season we got district on lock.... with Cameron on the mound and his defense backing him up, playoffs hea we come....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami