Newton 21 West Rusk 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

59 minutes ago, joeisbell said:

i fear gunter and canadian are not just a little better than newton, but a lot better

i sure hope i am wrong and the eagles win the trophy

Neither of those teams have the athletic ability and speed that Newton has.  Both are extremely well coached and disciplined though.  

Newton is well coached, always has been, but the lack of discipline they play with is bothersome this late in the playoffs.

Edited by MackLewis

23 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Newton committed stupid penalties and turned the ball over and was very predictable. They will have to play better, if they want to win state. WR definitely had a good defense. Offense, not so much.

Newton will be just fine. Folks need to relax with the Newton is undisciplined talk and stuff. It was one game against a really good team. They made the plays they needed to when they had to for the win. Newton is a great team and will be there until the end. Turnovers are apart of the game and they happen sometimes. Newton has a very very good defense and that is what will help Newton bring home that 4th state title. 

20 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Neither of those teams have the athletic ability and speed that Newton has.  Both are extremely well coached and disciplined though.  

Newton is well coached, always has been, but the lack of discipline they play with is bothersome this late in the playoffs.

What lack of discipline are you talking about? Because they get penalties that makes them undisciplined? 

38 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

What lack of discipline are you talking about? Because they get penalties that makes them undisciplined? 

Yessir!  That’s my main concern.  Not unsportsmanlike penalties, that’s never been a concern.  Newton don’t play like turds, never have.  But getting td’s called back and penalties on 3rd down keeping opponents drives alive.  Eventually those will catch up with you.

Newton will play better teams than WR. If they continue to make mistakes and be so predictable they will lose. No doubt WR had a great defense. But they will play other teams with equal the defense and a much better offense. Specifically Gunter. If Newton don't address their problems they will lose. Or if they believe the offense played well and don't understand that they need to address problem's. Then they will lose. I'm a Newton fan. But if I was coaching them, ID be saying the defense played well but the offense needs work especially in the passing game. I believe they need to throw it more. I personally would have thrown it much more throughout the season when they where blowing teams out. Seems like every time the game gets close Newton resorts to 1970 tactics and predictably run it every play. 

39 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Newton will play better teams than WR. If they continue to make mistakes and be so predictable they will lose. No doubt WR had a great defense. But they will play other teams with equal the defense and a much better offense. Specifically Gunter. If Newton don't address their problems they will lose. Or if they believe the offense played well and don't understand that they need to address problem's. Then they will lose. I'm a Newton fan. But if I was coaching them, ID be saying the defense played well but the offense needs work especially in the passing game. I believe they need to throw it more. I personally would have thrown it much more throughout the season when they where blowing teams out. Seems like every time the game gets close Newton resorts to 1970 tactics and predictably run it every play. 

Newton throws the ball a lot more than they ever have in history. Have you even watched them this year? 

1 hour ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

thank goodness that's not the case

Guest ECBucFan
On 12/3/2017 at 6:54 AM, purpleeagle said:

I think Newton will roll over Waskom 

Yep. IIRC, Waskom was blown out by WR. Do the math and it looks ugly for Waskom. No June Bugs on the field this week.