Nice Nomination Don Don

TxHoops

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Meet Brett Talley.  Federal Judge Nominee, 3 year lawyer, never tried a case, and has over 16k posts on an Alabama football site. Smitty needs to submit his application.  Minus the law school, I would argue he’s about as qualified...

This is the hidden content, please

Just because he is not a far, far, far, far, far, far Left Liberal looney does not make him unqualified. I will take inexperience over insanity any time. Having said that, I can't imagine there not being more qualified people available for this position.

52 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Just because he is not a far, far, far, far, far, far Left Liberal looney does not make him unqualified. I will take inexperience over insanity any time. Having said that, I can't imagine there not being more qualified people available for this position.

This. 

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

With knowing nothing about him, I would still prefer him over most of the previous administration's picks. Maybe this potential judge will refrain from trying to write law.

I think it’s safe to say he wouldn’t know a law if it hit him over the head.  Now Alabama football and paranormal activity, he’s your guy.  Some would do well to concede certain points but whataboutism noted. ;) 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I think it’s safe to say he wouldn’t know a law if it hit him over the head.  Now Alabama football and paranormal activity, he’s your guy.  Some would do well to concede certain points but whataboutism noted. ;) 

He presumably would be a step up even if he didn't know a law if it hit him over the head. The previous ones are proving they have a "God complex" and should act as judges as well as lawmakers. Is seems the "whataboutism" line is just pestilence brought "about" by TDS.

43 minutes ago, Englebert said:

He presumably would be a step up even if he didn't know a law if it hit him over the head. The previous ones are proving they have a "God complex" and should act as judges as well as lawmakers. Is seems the "whataboutism" line is just pestilence brought "about" by TDS.

It was actually “pestilence” brought about by the Soviet Union (and being imo led by one the Ruskies admirers and his lackies/cronies).  But that’s a history lesson for another day...

42 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It was actually “pestilence” brought about by the Soviet Union (and being imo led by one the Ruskies admirers and his lackies/cronies).  But that’s a history lesson for another day...

Yes, you should read up on that history. More and more evidence is being discovered that exonerates Trump and implicates the Hillary camp, including ol' Bill who took exorbitant amounts of money from his Russian "friends", conveniently at the same time his wife was contemplating the pros (not cons) of selling out this country. Let's not forget her side "buying" a fake dossier to use as evidence to spy on a political rival. In fact, the more we dig into this storyline, the more it seems that the "collusion" was propagated from Democrats...the same Democrats screaming Trump should be impeached for his nonexistent role. Yes, let's research this...but I'm fairly confident the evidence will lead to a place you don't want it to. And some will read this and say I'm defending Trump, or that I'm trying to excuse his bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior...in the form of a cute but irrelevant little word. That line of thinking would be a stark and glaring symptom of TDS.

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Yes, you should read up on that history. More and more evidence is being discovered that exonerates Trump and implicates the Hillary camp, including ol' Bill who took exorbitant amounts of money from his Russian "friends", conveniently at the same time his wife was contemplating the pros (not cons) of selling out this country. Let's not forget her side "buying" a fake dossier to use as evidence to spy on a political rival. In fact, the more we dig into this storyline, the more it seems that the "collusion" was propagated from Democrats...the same Democrats screaming Trump should be impeached for his nonexistent role. Yes, let's research this...but I'm fairly confident the evidence will lead to a place you don't want it to. And some will read this and say I'm defending Trump, or that I'm trying to excuse his bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior...in the form of a cute but irrelevant little word. That line of thinking would be a stark and glaring symptom of TDS.

I take it back.  Poor Bert is lost again.  Sorry but I am trying to watch basketball with my buddy REB.  I tried to spoon feed you enough so you could educate yourself on a tactic that was borne of the Cold War and not some new “little word” that, gasp, you are glaringly unfamiliar with.  But again, I must say, despite your unfamiliarity with its history, you are quite apt to use the tactic regularly.  Like in the quoted post - whataboutism duly noted :D 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I take it back.  Poor Bert is lost again.  Sorry but I am trying to watch basketball with my buddy REB.  I tried to spoon feed you enough so you could educate yourself on a tactic that was borne of the Cold War and not some new “little word” that, gasp, you are glaringly unfamiliar with.  But again, I must say, despite your unfamiliarity with its history, you are quite apt to use the tactic regularly.  Like in the quoted post - whataboutism duly noted :D 

You've already shown in the other post that your diagnostic skills are severely lacking, and you try to disguise that fact with personal jabs with a condescending flavor. I don't mind...it's an all too familiar tactic that I begrudging learned from Liberals. You seemed well-versed in it, but overuse it to the point of comedy. You spoon fed nothing. I took your insinuations and turned them back to you. And as expected you come with this post...totally ignoring the topic of discussion. I think we can all "guess" why. Whataboutthetopic? (How's that for a cute little word. Maybe it will someday be used to call out Liberals who attempt to "debate" (deflect) a topic by deflecting to personal comments.) Shall we continue with the Russia theme? Obama called, he said the 80s want their cold war policies back. 

And I never said the word was new. I guess that's something we have to deal with when analytical skills are not up to par. It's a fairly common tactic used when one has to twist actual words to conform to their stereotyped architects...make up something and attribute it accordingly. 

Shall we continue with the Russia theme? Obama called, he said the 80s want their cold war policies back. On second thought, it would probably not be in your best interest to pursue this line of discussion. Your side is not looking very good right now.

I would be happy to take a test measuring diagnostic or logic skills and put up as much money as you can afford on the results.  I’ve done it many times in the past and you might be the 2 percent of the population that can best me there but I would bet an obscene amount of money that you’re not.  

As far as saying the term is “new,” you said it was brought about by TDS.  I wasn’t aware that TDS wasn’t new, but forgive me for making simple implications.  

As for condescension, don’t go there.  I’ve watched you and others do it time and again to folks you believe are your intellectual inferiors.  

But another sterling display of whataboutism.  You’ve just about reached Stalin/Trump levels with it.    

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I would be happy to take a test measuring diagnostic or logic skills and put up as much money as you can afford on the results.  I’ve done it many times in the past and you might be the 2 percent of the population that can best me there but I would bet an obscene amount of money that you’re not.  

As far as saying the term is “new,” you said it was brought about by TDS.  I wasn’t aware that TDS wasn’t new, but forgive me for making simple implications.  

As for condescension, don’t go there.  I’ve watched you and others do it time and again to folks you believe are your intellectual inferiors.  

But another sterling display of whataboutism.  You’ve just about reached Stalin/Trump levels with it.    

I don't know...I scored in the top 98th percentile on the analytical portion of the GRE. Don't ask about the other two sections.

I did not say the term was new, I said it was brought about by TDS...meaning it was brought to the surface, not created. I guess I could have been more clear.

I readily admit I use condescension when "debating" with some folks on this site. It's a tactic I learned from the Liberals, and employ when the debater uses like tactics or personal attics. It seems to be very effective, but not something I would consider using in a real debate. I've noticed you employ the same tactic. Your analytical skills are again showing their deficiencies on this point.

If I keep displaying the "whataboutism" silly phenomenon, will I ever be able to reach Obama level? I'm aiming for the pinnacle. (Did you really just compare Trump with Stalin? Might as well through in Hitler and Mao.)